Samsung Galaxy Note 4 to Come with Retinal Scanner and More Colours, Quad-Core Exynos ModAP Chip Revealed
By Gel Galang | July 14, 2014 12:37 PM EST
As the Samsung Exynos has currently become Samsung's biggest news after its reveal, fans have started to wonder whether there is a relation between the new processor and the upcoming device and what the chances are that the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 may actually be a 64-bit phone.
An employee of Samsung Electronics walks past the company main office in Seoul in this April 6, 2010 file photo. Samsung Electronics Co Ltd is emerging as a major player in its local debt market, buying more South Korean-issued bonds as it juggles a $60 billion cash pile. Samsung's push into private bank debt and government bonds underscores the challenges faced by the electronics giant in managing its massive cash holdings, with local banks reluctant to overload on short-term deposits from Samsung.
A new report from SamMobile has picked up a clue from the announcement, zoning in on the fact that Samsung has stated the arrival of the Exynos can also mean the dawn of the retinal scanner for the Galaxy Note 4. The site notes it may be an improvement on the fingerprint scanner that is currently being enjoyed by those who are using the Samsung Galaxy S5 and even its rival, the iPhone 5S.
Apart from the rumoured retinal scanner, the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 has also been reported to have a wider variety of options matching what had been offered for the Samsung Galaxy S5.
@evleaks has already suggested this, leaking via Twitter that the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 may have more colours than the standard black and white. Load The Game reports possible colours can include Charcoal Black, Shimmery White, Electric Blue and Copper Gold.
Samsung Galaxy Note 4 will offer the same color selection as the Galaxy S5 - http://t.co/9CReMX1kbw
— @evleaks (@evleaks) July 7, 2014
Not much confirmation can be expected from Samsung. But with the IFA in Berlin already coming closer, and the event being the expected venue wherein Samsung may announce its future devices, it is best to take most rumours and reports with a grain of salt.
Exynos Quad-Core Finally Revealed with LTE
After teasing an image referring to the Exynos chip, Samsung has finally showcased its new quad-core Exynos ModAP, which solves the problem of a lack of 4G connection capability for good.
Gadgets NDTV reports the new Exynos chip with advanced 4G LTE connectivity has been built on a High-K Metal Gate Logic Process, allowing for more ways by which it can provide variations in distributing Samsung devices.
The report adds the good thing about the quad-core Exynos ModAP chip is, besides being one of the more powerful Exynos chips, it will allow faster and smoother multitasking capabilities. Other features that come with the Exynos ModAP include an 8-MP 30 FPS Image Signal Processor and 6.4 GB-capable bandwidth for memory.
Relating this to Samsung's upcoming Galaxy Note 4, @evleaks has also hinted the Samsugn Galaxy Note 4 should be among the first to be a 64-bit handset in the South Korean company's lineup.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
- Miranda Kerr Broke Her Silence: Not Pregnant With James Packard’s Baby [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- PS4 News: An Update On Project Morpheus And 2 More Games Coming To It
- Android L Rollout Prediction: Nexus 4, Moto X, HTC One, Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy S4, LG G2
- ‘World Of Warcraft Warlords Of Draenor' Patch 6.0.1 Beta Notes Update For The Classes Including Druid, Rogue And Priest [WATCH VIDEO]
- LG G Flex vs. HTC One M8 Specs And Price Comparison In Australia
- 'Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare' Details Exo Suit Options As A Potential Movie Leak Gets Spotted
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists