Samsung Galaxy Note 4 to Come with Retinal Scanner and More Colours, Quad-Core Exynos ModAP Chip Revealed
By Gel Galang | July 14, 2014 12:37 PM EST
As the Samsung Exynos has currently become Samsung's biggest news after its reveal, fans have started to wonder whether there is a relation between the new processor and the upcoming device and what the chances are that the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 may actually be a 64-bit phone.
An employee of Samsung Electronics walks past the company main office in Seoul in this April 6, 2010 file photo. Samsung Electronics Co Ltd is emerging as a major player in its local debt market, buying more South Korean-issued bonds as it juggles a $60 billion cash pile. Samsung's push into private bank debt and government bonds underscores the challenges faced by the electronics giant in managing its massive cash holdings, with local banks reluctant to overload on short-term deposits from Samsung.
A new report from SamMobile has picked up a clue from the announcement, zoning in on the fact that Samsung has stated the arrival of the Exynos can also mean the dawn of the retinal scanner for the Galaxy Note 4. The site notes it may be an improvement on the fingerprint scanner that is currently being enjoyed by those who are using the Samsung Galaxy S5 and even its rival, the iPhone 5S.
Apart from the rumoured retinal scanner, the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 has also been reported to have a wider variety of options matching what had been offered for the Samsung Galaxy S5.
@evleaks has already suggested this, leaking via Twitter that the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 may have more colours than the standard black and white. Load The Game reports possible colours can include Charcoal Black, Shimmery White, Electric Blue and Copper Gold.
Samsung Galaxy Note 4 will offer the same color selection as the Galaxy S5 - http://t.co/9CReMX1kbw
— @evleaks (@evleaks) July 7, 2014
Not much confirmation can be expected from Samsung. But with the IFA in Berlin already coming closer, and the event being the expected venue wherein Samsung may announce its future devices, it is best to take most rumours and reports with a grain of salt.
Exynos Quad-Core Finally Revealed with LTE
After teasing an image referring to the Exynos chip, Samsung has finally showcased its new quad-core Exynos ModAP, which solves the problem of a lack of 4G connection capability for good.
Gadgets NDTV reports the new Exynos chip with advanced 4G LTE connectivity has been built on a High-K Metal Gate Logic Process, allowing for more ways by which it can provide variations in distributing Samsung devices.
The report adds the good thing about the quad-core Exynos ModAP chip is, besides being one of the more powerful Exynos chips, it will allow faster and smoother multitasking capabilities. Other features that come with the Exynos ModAP include an 8-MP 30 FPS Image Signal Processor and 6.4 GB-capable bandwidth for memory.
Relating this to Samsung's upcoming Galaxy Note 4, @evleaks has also hinted the Samsugn Galaxy Note 4 should be among the first to be a 64-bit handset in the South Korean company's lineup.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Nokia Lumia 635: Microsoft Drops AT&T Smartphone's Price For 2014 Black Friday Sale
- Google’s Mobile Search To Lessen Stress Of Black Friday Shopping
- ‘Destiny’ Dev Holds Own Black Friday 2014 Sale As More The Dark Below Details Get Revealed
- Apple’s Black Friday Sale Versus Other Retailers
- ‘GTA V' Title Update 1.04, Black Friday Sale And Heists DLC Release In December Possible
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast