Samsung Galaxy Note 4 to Come with Retinal Scanner and More Colours, Quad-Core Exynos ModAP Chip Revealed
By Gel Galang | July 14, 2014 12:37 PM EST
As the Samsung Exynos has currently become Samsung's biggest news after its reveal, fans have started to wonder whether there is a relation between the new processor and the upcoming device and what the chances are that the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 may actually be a 64-bit phone.
An employee of Samsung Electronics walks past the company main office in Seoul in this April 6, 2010 file photo. Samsung Electronics Co Ltd is emerging as a major player in its local debt market, buying more South Korean-issued bonds as it juggles a $60 billion cash pile. Samsung's push into private bank debt and government bonds underscores the challenges faced by the electronics giant in managing its massive cash holdings, with local banks reluctant to overload on short-term deposits from Samsung.
A new report from SamMobile has picked up a clue from the announcement, zoning in on the fact that Samsung has stated the arrival of the Exynos can also mean the dawn of the retinal scanner for the Galaxy Note 4. The site notes it may be an improvement on the fingerprint scanner that is currently being enjoyed by those who are using the Samsung Galaxy S5 and even its rival, the iPhone 5S.
Apart from the rumoured retinal scanner, the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 has also been reported to have a wider variety of options matching what had been offered for the Samsung Galaxy S5.
@evleaks has already suggested this, leaking via Twitter that the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 may have more colours than the standard black and white. Load The Game reports possible colours can include Charcoal Black, Shimmery White, Electric Blue and Copper Gold.
Samsung Galaxy Note 4 will offer the same color selection as the Galaxy S5 - http://t.co/9CReMX1kbw
— @evleaks (@evleaks) July 7, 2014
Not much confirmation can be expected from Samsung. But with the IFA in Berlin already coming closer, and the event being the expected venue wherein Samsung may announce its future devices, it is best to take most rumours and reports with a grain of salt.
Exynos Quad-Core Finally Revealed with LTE
After teasing an image referring to the Exynos chip, Samsung has finally showcased its new quad-core Exynos ModAP, which solves the problem of a lack of 4G connection capability for good.
Gadgets NDTV reports the new Exynos chip with advanced 4G LTE connectivity has been built on a High-K Metal Gate Logic Process, allowing for more ways by which it can provide variations in distributing Samsung devices.
The report adds the good thing about the quad-core Exynos ModAP chip is, besides being one of the more powerful Exynos chips, it will allow faster and smoother multitasking capabilities. Other features that come with the Exynos ModAP include an 8-MP 30 FPS Image Signal Processor and 6.4 GB-capable bandwidth for memory.
Relating this to Samsung's upcoming Galaxy Note 4, @evleaks has also hinted the Samsugn Galaxy Note 4 should be among the first to be a 64-bit handset in the South Korean company's lineup.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- Sony Xperia Z3 Launched In Japan Has 32 GB Storage Compared To 16 GB International Model
- How To Update LG Nexus 4 To Android 4.4.4 KitKat Using LiquidSmooth Custom ROM
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’