Lady in Red: Women Perceive Specific Color as Sexual Threat
By Indrani Bhattacharyya | July 14, 2014 12:36 PM EST
It often gets harder to decode what women think. A new study definitely adds up fuel to this existing belief.
Latest study reveals that women don’t like any other woman dressed in red. According to the report, a red dressed clad woman usually gives vibes to other ladies that she is more interested in sex.
A couple share a kiss in Independence Square in central Kiev, July 24, 2012.
Women also tend to think that a lady in white or green is more faithful than a girl who prefers to wear red.
“The color of a woman’s shirt affects how men and women think about her,” says Adam Pazda, a social psychologist at the University of Rochester and one of the authors of the study. “Women don’t want other women in red near their boyfriends,” he was quoted saying.
Previous finding established that men thinks women in red are more interested in sex, no matter whether they are. The scientists wanted to figure out if women feel the same way about women in red.
In this work there were different experiments. For the first two observations, women looked at pictures of pretty ladies in red and white, in the third experiment, they were asked to look at photos of different women mostly in red or green.
As white greatly stands for purity and virginity, the researchers wanted to “examine a color with less emotional baggage.”
At first, participants took a look at a photo of a woman in white followed by looking at the exact photo after the color of the dress was changed to red. When they were asked which woman out of the two pictures appeared more receptive to sex. Astonishingly, they believed that the lady in red was promiscuous.
“Women in red are perceived as being more interested in sex,” Pazda says.
In the second study, using the same photos, the participants were asked to give their view on the women’s fidelity and financial resources. They said that “a woman in red would cheat on her partner, but weren’t judgmental about her finances.”
Lastly most women did not wish to leave their men around ladies in red. They feel insecure in vicinity of an attractive lass in red.
When women become sexually excited, they blush,” Pazda told.
But it will be surely interesting to find out whether women dress in red for sex intentionally or not. Only future investigations will let us know that.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Bill Clinton Credits Sugar-Free Diet For Weight Loss: A Vegan Diet If Not Followed Properly Can Cause Weight Gain
- Overdose Of Prescription Drug Oxycodone Even Deadlier Than Heroin
- The Secret Behind HIV Infection Found: Reasons Why It Could Not Be Eradicated
- Dr Oz: Your Diet Can Affect Your Mood, Five Diets That Help Combat Depression
- 5 Celebrity Couples Who Stood The Test Of Hollywood
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Google Chrome 64-bit for Windows 8 and Window 7 with Mac Beta Available
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen