Lady in Red: Women Perceive Specific Color as Sexual Threat
By Indrani Bhattacharyya | July 14, 2014 12:36 PM EST
It often gets harder to decode what women think. A new study definitely adds up fuel to this existing belief.
Latest study reveals that women don’t like any other woman dressed in red. According to the report, a red dressed clad woman usually gives vibes to other ladies that she is more interested in sex.
A couple share a kiss in Independence Square in central Kiev, July 24, 2012.
Women also tend to think that a lady in white or green is more faithful than a girl who prefers to wear red.
“The color of a woman’s shirt affects how men and women think about her,” says Adam Pazda, a social psychologist at the University of Rochester and one of the authors of the study. “Women don’t want other women in red near their boyfriends,” he was quoted saying.
Previous finding established that men thinks women in red are more interested in sex, no matter whether they are. The scientists wanted to figure out if women feel the same way about women in red.
In this work there were different experiments. For the first two observations, women looked at pictures of pretty ladies in red and white, in the third experiment, they were asked to look at photos of different women mostly in red or green.
As white greatly stands for purity and virginity, the researchers wanted to “examine a color with less emotional baggage.”
At first, participants took a look at a photo of a woman in white followed by looking at the exact photo after the color of the dress was changed to red. When they were asked which woman out of the two pictures appeared more receptive to sex. Astonishingly, they believed that the lady in red was promiscuous.
“Women in red are perceived as being more interested in sex,” Pazda says.
In the second study, using the same photos, the participants were asked to give their view on the women’s fidelity and financial resources. They said that “a woman in red would cheat on her partner, but weren’t judgmental about her finances.”
Lastly most women did not wish to leave their men around ladies in red. They feel insecure in vicinity of an attractive lass in red.
When women become sexually excited, they blush,” Pazda told.
But it will be surely interesting to find out whether women dress in red for sex intentionally or not. Only future investigations will let us know that.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 9/11 Dust Cloud Most Likely Have Created Pregnancy Issues: Celebrities Who Posed Nude During Pregnancy
Join the Conversation
- Doctor Denies Saying Aussie Radio Presenter Kyle Sandilands Only Has 6 Months to Live
- Online Porn Easy To Access: Research; Cameron Diaz Is A 'Porn Addict'
- Bride-To-Be Loses 57 Kilograms Before Wedding, Slimming World's Woman of the Year
- Seven Natural Ways to Fight Depression
- HIV Breakthrough: Tampon With An Anti-HIV Drug For Women
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015