Real Reason for Breakup: Rihanna Was Never Drake's 'First Priority,' Collaboration with Chris Brown Final Blow
By Annie Dee | July 14, 2014 12:32 PM EST
All girls want to be their boyfriends' first priority and Rihanna is the same. Drake telling her she's not made her call their relationship off.
Singer Rihanna accepts the Most Desirable Woman award from actor Kevin Hart at the eighth annual Spike TV's "Guys Choice" awards in Culver City, California, June 7, 2014. REUTERS/Mario Anzuoni
While they have been totally in love with each other at one point in their lives, hopping around Europe dating from one city to the next, Drake and Rihanna suddenly called their relationship off. Even though many reports speculated on what caused the sudden souring of their relationship, Hollywood Life is now claiming to know the real reason why Drake and Rihanna decided their relationship will not work. Apparently, it's all Drake's fault, Hollywood Life reports.
Hollywood Life claims Drake openly told the "Diamond" star that she is not his first priority. This of course, does not bode well with Rihanna. No girl will like to be her man's second priority after all!
"He told Rihanna from jump - he's about his music and that comes first," Hollywood Life's source claims.
Drake's collaboration with Chris was an evidence of how much disregard he has for Rihanna's feelings. The idea that Drake would want to work with her ex, one that reportedly hit her and got into jail because of it, seems too much for Rihanna to bear. It goes to show that Drake will do everything for his music career, including stepping on Rihanna's integrity, as can be concluded from Hollywood Life's report.
"She hated the fact he was working a lot and it may have been a bone of contention that he considered working with Chris. He and Rihanna never discussed that possibility but he made it extremely clear that his music comes first, at all costs, including their relationship," the source shared.
Rihanna's ill-feelings towards Drake and Chris working together are not even unknown to Drake, so ignorance cannot be used as an excuse. Hollywood Life reports that "He's sure Rihanna doesn't agree with him working with Chris, but at the end of the day, he's going to make his own decisions."
It's not as if Rihanna is sitting idly by and pining away for Drake though. Aside from her own music career, Rihanna is recently busy being the avid football fan that she is. She showed constant support for the World Cup and was recently ecstatic after meeting her idol, football legend, Pele, Mail Online UK reports.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Photos from the Crash Site of Malaysia Airlines MH17 In Ukraine
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June