Real Reason for Breakup: Rihanna Was Never Drake's 'First Priority,' Collaboration with Chris Brown Final Blow
By Annie Dee | July 14, 2014 12:32 PM EST
All girls want to be their boyfriends' first priority and Rihanna is the same. Drake telling her she's not made her call their relationship off.
Singer Rihanna accepts the Most Desirable Woman award from actor Kevin Hart at the eighth annual Spike TV's "Guys Choice" awards in Culver City, California, June 7, 2014. REUTERS/Mario Anzuoni
While they have been totally in love with each other at one point in their lives, hopping around Europe dating from one city to the next, Drake and Rihanna suddenly called their relationship off. Even though many reports speculated on what caused the sudden souring of their relationship, Hollywood Life is now claiming to know the real reason why Drake and Rihanna decided their relationship will not work. Apparently, it's all Drake's fault, Hollywood Life reports.
Hollywood Life claims Drake openly told the "Diamond" star that she is not his first priority. This of course, does not bode well with Rihanna. No girl will like to be her man's second priority after all!
"He told Rihanna from jump - he's about his music and that comes first," Hollywood Life's source claims.
Drake's collaboration with Chris was an evidence of how much disregard he has for Rihanna's feelings. The idea that Drake would want to work with her ex, one that reportedly hit her and got into jail because of it, seems too much for Rihanna to bear. It goes to show that Drake will do everything for his music career, including stepping on Rihanna's integrity, as can be concluded from Hollywood Life's report.
"She hated the fact he was working a lot and it may have been a bone of contention that he considered working with Chris. He and Rihanna never discussed that possibility but he made it extremely clear that his music comes first, at all costs, including their relationship," the source shared.
Rihanna's ill-feelings towards Drake and Chris working together are not even unknown to Drake, so ignorance cannot be used as an excuse. Hollywood Life reports that "He's sure Rihanna doesn't agree with him working with Chris, but at the end of the day, he's going to make his own decisions."
It's not as if Rihanna is sitting idly by and pining away for Drake though. Aside from her own music career, Rihanna is recently busy being the avid football fan that she is. She showed constant support for the World Cup and was recently ecstatic after meeting her idol, football legend, Pele, Mail Online UK reports.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- Grey's Anatomy Season 11 Spoilers: Calzona Still on Shaky Ground, April's Baby Bump Gets Real, Karev vs Bailey Anticipated
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools