See Harry Now: How to Maximize Your Pottermore Experience
By Vanessa Doctor | July 14, 2014 9:39 AM EST
Renowned author of the Harry Potter series J.K. Rowling has written a new story about the boy wizard over a decade in the future. The new article, which is quite similar to a newspaper gossip column, composed of 1,500 words only, was available on the Pottermore fan website on July 8, probably in light of the 2014 FIFA World Cup.
A team member shows off an interactive magic wand during a media preview for The Wizarding World of Harry Potter-Diagon Alley at the Universal Orlando Resort in Orlando, Florida
Rowling showed Harry Potter, Hermione Granger and Ron Weasley in their thirties during the Quidditch World Cup final. The author made it seem as if Rita Skeeter, the Daily Prophet reporter, wrote the story.
Harry Potter was described as a 33-year-old with silver hairs and a nasty cut above his right cheekbone. He still wears the signature round glasses. According to the article Harry brought his sons Albus and James to watch the Quidditch World Cup. Ron was described as having thinning hair. Hermione was described as a mother to a son and daughter named Hugo and Rose and is on a "meteoric rise" as the Deputy Head of the Department of Magical Law Enforcement.
Harry was also mentioned bringing his sons to the players' quarters where he introduced them to Viktor Krum, a Bulgarian seeker.
The full article may be read after internet visitors get a free account. The site launch was actually delayed and buggy when it opened. The website has crashed since and fans of the novel speculate that the story was uploaded as early as July 8, 2014 and came with the title "Dumbledore's Army Reunites". The term "Dumbledore's Army" or DA was coined after Potter enlisted the original six members for wizard training after they were temporarily prohibited from training in "Defense Against the Dark Arts" at the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.
The Harry Potter series is composed of seven books and is Rowling's masterpiece, having sold over 400 million copies worldwide. Fans speculate that Rowling may have released the story in time for the opening of Diagon Alley at the Universal Studios amusement park in Orlando, Florida on July 8, 2014. Despite its short life, Pottermore gave fans of the series a renewed love for the series.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery