See Harry Now: How to Maximize Your Pottermore Experience
By Vanessa Doctor | July 14, 2014 9:39 AM EST
Renowned author of the Harry Potter series J.K. Rowling has written a new story about the boy wizard over a decade in the future. The new article, which is quite similar to a newspaper gossip column, composed of 1,500 words only, was available on the Pottermore fan website on July 8, probably in light of the 2014 FIFA World Cup.
A team member shows off an interactive magic wand during a media preview for The Wizarding World of Harry Potter-Diagon Alley at the Universal Orlando Resort in Orlando, Florida
Rowling showed Harry Potter, Hermione Granger and Ron Weasley in their thirties during the Quidditch World Cup final. The author made it seem as if Rita Skeeter, the Daily Prophet reporter, wrote the story.
Harry Potter was described as a 33-year-old with silver hairs and a nasty cut above his right cheekbone. He still wears the signature round glasses. According to the article Harry brought his sons Albus and James to watch the Quidditch World Cup. Ron was described as having thinning hair. Hermione was described as a mother to a son and daughter named Hugo and Rose and is on a "meteoric rise" as the Deputy Head of the Department of Magical Law Enforcement.
Harry was also mentioned bringing his sons to the players' quarters where he introduced them to Viktor Krum, a Bulgarian seeker.
The full article may be read after internet visitors get a free account. The site launch was actually delayed and buggy when it opened. The website has crashed since and fans of the novel speculate that the story was uploaded as early as July 8, 2014 and came with the title "Dumbledore's Army Reunites". The term "Dumbledore's Army" or DA was coined after Potter enlisted the original six members for wizard training after they were temporarily prohibited from training in "Defense Against the Dark Arts" at the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.
The Harry Potter series is composed of seven books and is Rowling's masterpiece, having sold over 400 million copies worldwide. Fans speculate that Rowling may have released the story in time for the opening of Diagon Alley at the Universal Studios amusement park in Orlando, Florida on July 8, 2014. Despite its short life, Pottermore gave fans of the series a renewed love for the series.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- NCIS Season 12 Spoilers: Fans Fear Cote de Pablo Not Coming Back, Tony DiNozzo Moving On from Ziva David
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Report: Duchess Expecting a Baby Girl, Prince William Wants 3 Kids [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown