See Harry Now: How to Maximize Your Pottermore Experience
By Vanessa Doctor | July 14, 2014 9:39 AM EST
Renowned author of the Harry Potter series J.K. Rowling has written a new story about the boy wizard over a decade in the future. The new article, which is quite similar to a newspaper gossip column, composed of 1,500 words only, was available on the Pottermore fan website on July 8, probably in light of the 2014 FIFA World Cup.
A team member shows off an interactive magic wand during a media preview for The Wizarding World of Harry Potter-Diagon Alley at the Universal Orlando Resort in Orlando, Florida
Rowling showed Harry Potter, Hermione Granger and Ron Weasley in their thirties during the Quidditch World Cup final. The author made it seem as if Rita Skeeter, the Daily Prophet reporter, wrote the story.
Harry Potter was described as a 33-year-old with silver hairs and a nasty cut above his right cheekbone. He still wears the signature round glasses. According to the article Harry brought his sons Albus and James to watch the Quidditch World Cup. Ron was described as having thinning hair. Hermione was described as a mother to a son and daughter named Hugo and Rose and is on a "meteoric rise" as the Deputy Head of the Department of Magical Law Enforcement.
Harry was also mentioned bringing his sons to the players' quarters where he introduced them to Viktor Krum, a Bulgarian seeker.
The full article may be read after internet visitors get a free account. The site launch was actually delayed and buggy when it opened. The website has crashed since and fans of the novel speculate that the story was uploaded as early as July 8, 2014 and came with the title "Dumbledore's Army Reunites". The term "Dumbledore's Army" or DA was coined after Potter enlisted the original six members for wizard training after they were temporarily prohibited from training in "Defense Against the Dark Arts" at the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.
The Harry Potter series is composed of seven books and is Rowling's masterpiece, having sold over 400 million copies worldwide. Fans speculate that Rowling may have released the story in time for the opening of Diagon Alley at the Universal Studios amusement park in Orlando, Florida on July 8, 2014. Despite its short life, Pottermore gave fans of the series a renewed love for the series.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS