Tatiana Maslany Snubbed on Emmy Nominations 2014, Orphan Black Reacts on Twitter
By Ma Evelyn Castino Quilas | July 14, 2014 8:57 AM EST
While there were plenty of surprises during the announcement of Emmy Nominations 2014, Orphan Black reacted on the social media Twitter that its star Tatiana Maslany was snubbed for two years in a row.
Despite the hurtful and disappointing fact, Orphan Black's official Twitter account seemed to take the news well. "Proud of #TatianaMaslany and the entire #OrphanBlack family. Thanks for all the love, #CloneClub," reads the Twitter post.
Moments after the Emmy nominations were announced, Twitter went overdrive with over 42,000 posts not just from Orphan Black but from outraged fans as well. One user @dlphinecormier even showed a picture of the star showing the various characters she portrayed on BBC America's clone drama. She caption her post with "Tatiana Maslany has played this many characters in 20 episodes cough Emmys cough." Still another user @AriBerman stated that it was a total travesty that Tatiana Maslany was not nominated at the Emmys.
The 28-year old actress played five characters with various accents and remarkably different personalities and styles in the sci-fi thriller Orphan Black. She was a small-time con lad who tried to correct her life for the sake of her young daughter but in the process she met six spookily recognizable ladies who happened to be her clones.
When the second season ended last fall, Jeff Ensen of Entertainment Weekly stated that if he had an Emmy Ballot, he would put Tatiany Maslany on the Best Actress list or at least three of the Best Supporting actress spots or both.
Tatiany Maslany has already received two Critics' Choice Television Award, Television Critics Association nomination, and Golden Globe nomination earlier this year for her extensive and wide-ranging roles in Orphan Black only to be snubbed at the Emmy nominations.
Despite the fans getting mad on Twitter, Vanity Fair pointed out that the second round of outrage over the oversight provided the Canadian series with better publicity than any other superficial industry award might have been. If it is any consolidation for the fans of the BBC series, Orphan Black also posted on Twitter that the show will return for the third season come spring 2015.
Read the tweets below:
— Orphan Black (@OrphanBlack) July 10, 2014
tatiana maslany has played this many characters in 20 episodes cough emmys cough pic.twitter.com/Nuq6mLLIF0 — (@dlphinecormier) July 10, 2014
— Ari Berman (@AriBerman) July 18, 2013
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Nebula Is Alive And James Gunn Wants Fans To See More Of Her
- Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber: Songstress Fears Pregnancy After Experiencing Pregnancy Symptoms—Report
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Katey Sagal On Gemma Teller’s Fate in ‘Red Rose’ [VIDEO]
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast