Tatiana Maslany Snubbed on Emmy Nominations 2014, Orphan Black Reacts on Twitter
By Ma Evelyn Castino Quilas | July 14, 2014 8:57 AM EST
While there were plenty of surprises during the announcement of Emmy Nominations 2014, Orphan Black reacted on the social media Twitter that its star Tatiana Maslany was snubbed for two years in a row.
Despite the hurtful and disappointing fact, Orphan Black's official Twitter account seemed to take the news well. "Proud of #TatianaMaslany and the entire #OrphanBlack family. Thanks for all the love, #CloneClub," reads the Twitter post.
Moments after the Emmy nominations were announced, Twitter went overdrive with over 42,000 posts not just from Orphan Black but from outraged fans as well. One user @dlphinecormier even showed a picture of the star showing the various characters she portrayed on BBC America's clone drama. She caption her post with "Tatiana Maslany has played this many characters in 20 episodes cough Emmys cough." Still another user @AriBerman stated that it was a total travesty that Tatiana Maslany was not nominated at the Emmys.
The 28-year old actress played five characters with various accents and remarkably different personalities and styles in the sci-fi thriller Orphan Black. She was a small-time con lad who tried to correct her life for the sake of her young daughter but in the process she met six spookily recognizable ladies who happened to be her clones.
When the second season ended last fall, Jeff Ensen of Entertainment Weekly stated that if he had an Emmy Ballot, he would put Tatiany Maslany on the Best Actress list or at least three of the Best Supporting actress spots or both.
Tatiany Maslany has already received two Critics' Choice Television Award, Television Critics Association nomination, and Golden Globe nomination earlier this year for her extensive and wide-ranging roles in Orphan Black only to be snubbed at the Emmy nominations.
Despite the fans getting mad on Twitter, Vanity Fair pointed out that the second round of outrage over the oversight provided the Canadian series with better publicity than any other superficial industry award might have been. If it is any consolidation for the fans of the BBC series, Orphan Black also posted on Twitter that the show will return for the third season come spring 2015.
Read the tweets below:
— Orphan Black (@OrphanBlack) July 10, 2014
tatiana maslany has played this many characters in 20 episodes cough emmys cough pic.twitter.com/Nuq6mLLIF0 — (@dlphinecormier) July 10, 2014
— Ari Berman (@AriBerman) July 18, 2013
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS