Tatiana Maslany Snubbed on Emmy Nominations 2014, Orphan Black Reacts on Twitter
By Ma Evelyn Castino Quilas | July 14, 2014 8:57 AM EST
While there were plenty of surprises during the announcement of Emmy Nominations 2014, Orphan Black reacted on the social media Twitter that its star Tatiana Maslany was snubbed for two years in a row.
Despite the hurtful and disappointing fact, Orphan Black's official Twitter account seemed to take the news well. "Proud of #TatianaMaslany and the entire #OrphanBlack family. Thanks for all the love, #CloneClub," reads the Twitter post.
Moments after the Emmy nominations were announced, Twitter went overdrive with over 42,000 posts not just from Orphan Black but from outraged fans as well. One user @dlphinecormier even showed a picture of the star showing the various characters she portrayed on BBC America's clone drama. She caption her post with "Tatiana Maslany has played this many characters in 20 episodes cough Emmys cough." Still another user @AriBerman stated that it was a total travesty that Tatiana Maslany was not nominated at the Emmys.
The 28-year old actress played five characters with various accents and remarkably different personalities and styles in the sci-fi thriller Orphan Black. She was a small-time con lad who tried to correct her life for the sake of her young daughter but in the process she met six spookily recognizable ladies who happened to be her clones.
When the second season ended last fall, Jeff Ensen of Entertainment Weekly stated that if he had an Emmy Ballot, he would put Tatiany Maslany on the Best Actress list or at least three of the Best Supporting actress spots or both.
Tatiany Maslany has already received two Critics' Choice Television Award, Television Critics Association nomination, and Golden Globe nomination earlier this year for her extensive and wide-ranging roles in Orphan Black only to be snubbed at the Emmy nominations.
Despite the fans getting mad on Twitter, Vanity Fair pointed out that the second round of outrage over the oversight provided the Canadian series with better publicity than any other superficial industry award might have been. If it is any consolidation for the fans of the BBC series, Orphan Black also posted on Twitter that the show will return for the third season come spring 2015.
Read the tweets below:
— Orphan Black (@OrphanBlack) July 10, 2014
tatiana maslany has played this many characters in 20 episodes cough emmys cough pic.twitter.com/Nuq6mLLIF0 — (@dlphinecormier) July 10, 2014
— Ari Berman (@AriBerman) July 18, 2013
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery