Once Upon A Time Season 4 Updates: Queen Elsa as Villain Explained, Teasers from New Dad Josh Dallas, Burning Questions [SPOILERS]
By Arlene Paredes | July 14, 2014 8:45 AM EST
"Once Upon A Time" Season 4 premieres in U.S. TV this fall with some surprises, as teased by actor Josh Dallas, otherwise known as Prince Charming himself. In response to one of the burning questions related to OUAT 4, the showrunners tease the "Frozen" arc in the series.
Spoiler alert: This feature contains spoilers on Once Upon A Time Season 3. Read at your own risk.
Having completed the casting for Queen Elsa, Anna and Kristoff, the ABC showrunners are now moving things forward on the production side. Frozen fans beware, Once Upon A Time Season 4 may have some kind of twist for the Arendelle trio.
Georgina Haig ("Fringe") snags the role of Queen Elsa, Elizabeth Lail plays the Snow Queen's younger sister Anna, and Scott Michael Foster gets Kristoff, TVLine reported. How will the "Frozen" story be treated in Once Upon A Time Season 4?
"[W]e want to tell a story that is uniquely ours but also honors those characters [in the 2013 animated movie "Frozen"] that everyone fell in love with," OUAT co-creator Adam Horowitz told TVLine. Does this mean that Queen Elsa will portray a villainous role in Storybrooke?
"The thing we love about Elsa is she is perceived to be a villain but is clearly misunderstood, and that goes to the heart of our show," OUAT co-creator Eddy Kitsis was quoted as saying in the same TVLine report. Between these lines, OUAT fans could guess the "Peter Pan" and the "Wicked Witch" of Once Upon A Time Season 4 is indeed Queen Elsa.
Josh Dallas and his wife Ginnifer Goodwin, who plays Snow White in OUAT, were recently spotted by some paparazzi as they make their way to what seems to be a party. Daily Mail has the report here.
Incidentally, Jennifer Morrison, who plays the firstborn child of Prince Charming and Snow White, Emma Swan, was recently in Melbourne, Australia for the 2014 OZ comic con. She shares on Instagram this message of thanks.
Related TV Stories, Episode Guides and Spoilers
Grey's Anatomy Season 11 Filming Set, Shonda Rhimes Faces High Expectations Thursdays on ABC [SPOILERS]
'Suits' Season 4, Episode 4 Spoilers: Mike Ross vs Harvey Specter and Everyone Else [Watch Promo Video]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report