Game of Thrones Season 5 Updates, Dorne in Spain; Littlefinger Actor Talks Motivations with Sansa Stark [SPOILERS]
By Arlene Paredes | July 14, 2014 8:41 AM EST
"Game of Thrones" Season 5 is expected return via HBO between mid-March and mid-April 2015. Filming is underway, as a new location for Dorne has been chosen in Spain. Meanwhile, Aiden Gillen talks about his character Petyr Baelish and Sansa Stark (Sophie Turner).
Spoiler alert: This feature contains major spoilers on Game of Thrones Season 4. Read at your own risk.
Some Game of Thrones Season 5 scenes are already being filmed in Sevilla, Spain, based on this report on zap2it.com. This new location is believed to be the setting for Dorne.
In other news, Aiden Gillen told news.com.au Littlefinger's relationship with Sansa Stark is not a simple matter of sexual desire. Still, their relationship changes drastically in Game of Thrones Season 5.
In the Capital, the death of Prince Oberyn Martell (Pedro Pascal) in the (bare) hands of The Mountain aka Gregor Clegane (Hafþór Júlíus Björnsson) has consequences for the Queen Regent, Cersei Lannister (Lena Headey). In Game of Thrones Season 5, Cersei becomes the most powerful Lannister, following the death of Joffrey (Jack Gleeson) and Tywin (Charles Dance).
"There will be Dorne, and we're excited about it," GoT showrunners David Benioff and D.B. Weiss told the Entertainment Weekly in an interview about Game of Thrones Season 5.
"Now that we're nearly finished with the first drafts of each episode [for GoT 5], we see no reason why the coming season shouldn't be the strongest yet," the show bosses said, hinting at an even richer set of storylines for the Lannisters, Starks, and Daenerys Targaryen (Emilia Clarke) in Game of Thrones Season 5.
Making headlines the past couple of days is George R.R. Martin, who has reacted, quite bluntly, to those worried he might not live long enough to finish his book series, "A Song of Ice and Fire." HBO President of Programming Michael Lombardo and Chairman and CEO Richard Plepler were recently asked if they have "any concerns" on the same issue.
"Certainly after next year [for Game of Thrones Season 6], we will have to figure it out with George, if his book's not finished. We're in conversations with him, but we're not concerned about it," Mr Lombardo told collider.com.
Littlefinger and Sansa Stark in Game of Thrones Season 5: Motivations, Hidden Agenda
"[Sansa is] playing [Littlefinger] now. I think that's what's gonna happen there. I don't know what she's doing, but she could be playing him. It can only get more interesting," Gillen also told news.com.au.
Gillen says Littlefinger's efforts toward helping Sansa is not all about "trying to seduce her." When it comes to the blossoming Stark, Gillen noted the "spontaneity and things happening that he's not in control of." More of this is expected in Game of Thrones Season 5.
Sansa Stark (Sophie Turner) was last seen in Game of Thrones Season 4, wearing a dark feathery long gown, ready for the day's next battle, asking, "Shall we go?"
The Game of Thrones Season 5 premiere is still about nine months away, but GoT fans are too excited to skip spoilers online.
Related TV Stories, Episode Guides and Spoilers
Grey's Anatomy Season 11 Filming Set, Shonda Rhimes Faces High Expectations Thursdays on ABC [SPOILERS]
'Suits' Season 4, Episode 4 Spoilers: Mike Ross vs Harvey Specter and Everyone Else [Watch Promo Video]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Katy Perry's Date Riff Raff At MTV VMAs: Top 5 Things To Know About The Rapper
- ‘True Blood’: Identity Of Sookie’s Husband In Final Episode Thank You Revealed
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Spoilers: Juice Ratting Gemma Out To Jax, Unser Helping New Sheriff
- Mila Kunis-Ashton Kutcher Baby; Actor ‘Not Letting Mila Out Of His Sight’
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Spoilers: Cersei Lannister – Possible Deviation From The Books
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Confirmed as Apple Sets Sept 9 iWatch, 2 iPhones Intro - Report
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected