Chris Bosh Stays with Miami Heat for $118M
By Vincent Paul Hidalgo | July 13, 2014 12:57 AM EST
Pat Riley and the Heat fans are still seething about LeBron James’ decision so they decided to offer Chris Bosh the maximum salary worth $118 million over five years.
Yahoo Sports reported that Miami is finalizing the multi-year deal with the forward-center as Pat Riley, president and general manager of the Heat, tries to move forward after James left.
Jun 12, 2014; Miami, FL, USA; Miami Heat center Chris Bosh (1) drives to the basket against San Antonio Spurs guard Danny Green (4) during the first quarter of game four of the 2014 NBA Finals at American Airlines Arena.
The Florida franchise is also working to extend other free agents in the team including Dwyane Wade, Udonis Haslem and Chris Andersen.
James’ decision has put the Heat in a quandary after Bosh and Wade chose to opt out of their contracts for over $40M for two years.
Initial plan out of Miami was that the pair would take a pay cut to accommodate James’ maximum salary and the team’s plan to acquire other free agents to surround the “Big Three”.
That plan did not pan out as LeBron chose to go home.
The Heat will instead start retooling with Bosh, who averaged 16.2 points and 6.6 rebounds last season for the Heat. Those numbers are pegged to increase with the departure of James and a more prominent role on both offense and defense.
Albeit older now, Bosh numbers should be similar to the one he logged in with the Toronto Raptors, where he was the no. 1 option. In his final year with the Canadian squad he averaged career-highs of 24.4 PPG and 10.8 RPG.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Minnesota Timberwolves 2015-2015 NBA Preview: Wiggins-Rubio Era In Minneapolis Begins
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Dallas Mavericks 2015-2015 NBA Preview: Nowitzki, Ellis Has New Shooting Partner In Parsons
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- iPhone 6 vs Nexus 6 vs Galaxy Note 4: Performance and User Interface Comparison
- Fappening: Message Board Posters Belittle Nude Photo Leakers As D-Listers Seeking Publicity
- Fappening: Lindsay Clubine, Wife Of Boston Red Sox Pitcher Clay Buchholz, & George Sampson Of Britain’s Got Talent, Are The Latest Victims Of Celebrity Nude Leaks