Chris Bosh Stays with Miami Heat for $118M
By Vincent Paul Hidalgo | July 13, 2014 12:57 AM EST
Pat Riley and the Heat fans are still seething about LeBron James’ decision so they decided to offer Chris Bosh the maximum salary worth $118 million over five years.
Yahoo Sports reported that Miami is finalizing the multi-year deal with the forward-center as Pat Riley, president and general manager of the Heat, tries to move forward after James left.
Jun 12, 2014; Miami, FL, USA; Miami Heat center Chris Bosh (1) drives to the basket against San Antonio Spurs guard Danny Green (4) during the first quarter of game four of the 2014 NBA Finals at American Airlines Arena.
The Florida franchise is also working to extend other free agents in the team including Dwyane Wade, Udonis Haslem and Chris Andersen.
James’ decision has put the Heat in a quandary after Bosh and Wade chose to opt out of their contracts for over $40M for two years.
Initial plan out of Miami was that the pair would take a pay cut to accommodate James’ maximum salary and the team’s plan to acquire other free agents to surround the “Big Three”.
That plan did not pan out as LeBron chose to go home.
The Heat will instead start retooling with Bosh, who averaged 16.2 points and 6.6 rebounds last season for the Heat. Those numbers are pegged to increase with the departure of James and a more prominent role on both offense and defense.
Albeit older now, Bosh numbers should be similar to the one he logged in with the Toronto Raptors, where he was the no. 1 option. In his final year with the Canadian squad he averaged career-highs of 24.4 PPG and 10.8 RPG.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Melanoma Could Be Caused By Ageing Genes; Best Diet For Anti-Ageing; Celebrities Who Have Aged Gracefully
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal Back In Action To Target Novak Djokovic At China Open
- Bruce Jenner Says Lamar Odom Should Follow His Heart If He Wants To Get Back Together With Khloe Kardashian
- Maria Sharapova On Relationship With Grigor Dimitrov: ‘Everything Is Great’; Dimitrov Was Present At Sharapova’s First Round Match In China
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Green Bay Packers Vs. Chicago Bears Live Streaming Info And Preview
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate