Chris Bosh Stays with Miami Heat for $118M
By Vincent Paul Hidalgo | July 13, 2014 12:57 AM EST
Pat Riley and the Heat fans are still seething about LeBron James’ decision so they decided to offer Chris Bosh the maximum salary worth $118 million over five years.
Yahoo Sports reported that Miami is finalizing the multi-year deal with the forward-center as Pat Riley, president and general manager of the Heat, tries to move forward after James left.
Jun 12, 2014; Miami, FL, USA; Miami Heat center Chris Bosh (1) drives to the basket against San Antonio Spurs guard Danny Green (4) during the first quarter of game four of the 2014 NBA Finals at American Airlines Arena.
The Florida franchise is also working to extend other free agents in the team including Dwyane Wade, Udonis Haslem and Chris Andersen.
James’ decision has put the Heat in a quandary after Bosh and Wade chose to opt out of their contracts for over $40M for two years.
Initial plan out of Miami was that the pair would take a pay cut to accommodate James’ maximum salary and the team’s plan to acquire other free agents to surround the “Big Three”.
That plan did not pan out as LeBron chose to go home.
The Heat will instead start retooling with Bosh, who averaged 16.2 points and 6.6 rebounds last season for the Heat. Those numbers are pegged to increase with the departure of James and a more prominent role on both offense and defense.
Albeit older now, Bosh numbers should be similar to the one he logged in with the Toronto Raptors, where he was the no. 1 option. In his final year with the Canadian squad he averaged career-highs of 24.4 PPG and 10.8 RPG.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- No Kevin Love to Cleveland, Andrew Wiggins to Stay with Cavaliers
- Jeremy Lin Only an ‘Expiring Contract’ in Los Angeles; Lakers Want Eric Bledsoe
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June