Chris Bosh Stays with Miami Heat for $118M
By Vincent Paul Hidalgo | July 13, 2014 12:57 AM EST
Pat Riley and the Heat fans are still seething about LeBron James’ decision so they decided to offer Chris Bosh the maximum salary worth $118 million over five years.
Yahoo Sports reported that Miami is finalizing the multi-year deal with the forward-center as Pat Riley, president and general manager of the Heat, tries to move forward after James left.
Jun 12, 2014; Miami, FL, USA; Miami Heat center Chris Bosh (1) drives to the basket against San Antonio Spurs guard Danny Green (4) during the first quarter of game four of the 2014 NBA Finals at American Airlines Arena.
The Florida franchise is also working to extend other free agents in the team including Dwyane Wade, Udonis Haslem and Chris Andersen.
James’ decision has put the Heat in a quandary after Bosh and Wade chose to opt out of their contracts for over $40M for two years.
Initial plan out of Miami was that the pair would take a pay cut to accommodate James’ maximum salary and the team’s plan to acquire other free agents to surround the “Big Three”.
That plan did not pan out as LeBron chose to go home.
The Heat will instead start retooling with Bosh, who averaged 16.2 points and 6.6 rebounds last season for the Heat. Those numbers are pegged to increase with the departure of James and a more prominent role on both offense and defense.
Albeit older now, Bosh numbers should be similar to the one he logged in with the Toronto Raptors, where he was the no. 1 option. In his final year with the Canadian squad he averaged career-highs of 24.4 PPG and 10.8 RPG.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- The Rock Reveals He And John Cena Nearly Fought Backstage [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- Maria Sharapova And Grigor Dimitrov Break Up News
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- Three Reasons Why Brock Lesnar Must Fight The Undertaker At Night Of Champions And Not John Cena [VIDEO]
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date