Chris Bosh Stays with Miami Heat for $118M
By Vincent Paul Hidalgo | July 13, 2014 12:57 AM EST
Pat Riley and the Heat fans are still seething about LeBron James’ decision so they decided to offer Chris Bosh the maximum salary worth $118 million over five years.
Yahoo Sports reported that Miami is finalizing the multi-year deal with the forward-center as Pat Riley, president and general manager of the Heat, tries to move forward after James left.
Jun 12, 2014; Miami, FL, USA; Miami Heat center Chris Bosh (1) drives to the basket against San Antonio Spurs guard Danny Green (4) during the first quarter of game four of the 2014 NBA Finals at American Airlines Arena.
The Florida franchise is also working to extend other free agents in the team including Dwyane Wade, Udonis Haslem and Chris Andersen.
James’ decision has put the Heat in a quandary after Bosh and Wade chose to opt out of their contracts for over $40M for two years.
Initial plan out of Miami was that the pair would take a pay cut to accommodate James’ maximum salary and the team’s plan to acquire other free agents to surround the “Big Three”.
That plan did not pan out as LeBron chose to go home.
The Heat will instead start retooling with Bosh, who averaged 16.2 points and 6.6 rebounds last season for the Heat. Those numbers are pegged to increase with the departure of James and a more prominent role on both offense and defense.
Albeit older now, Bosh numbers should be similar to the one he logged in with the Toronto Raptors, where he was the no. 1 option. In his final year with the Canadian squad he averaged career-highs of 24.4 PPG and 10.8 RPG.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Amir Khan Addresses Roach’s Comments That Pacquiao Used To Knock Out The Bolton-Born Boxer During Sparring Sessions
- Chelsea FC: Jose Mourinho Hits Back At Sergio Ramos For Questioning Costa And Fabregas Absence From NT, Says 'He is Not A Doctor'
- Meet Paige VanZant, The Next UFC Sensation In The Women's Division
- Michael Schumacher Condition: Manager Sabine Kehm Says The 7-Time World Champion Is Making ‘Progress Appropriate To The Severity Of His Situation’
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change