Pau Gasol to Choose Chicago Bulls Over San Antonio Spurs, Oklahoma City Thunder
By James Patrick Quizon | July 12, 2014 10:04 PM EST
Pau Gasol has apparently made his choice and he wants to play with in Chicago where he’ll join Joakim Noah, Derrick Rose and the rest of the Bulls.
NBA: Charlotte Bobcats at Los Angeles Lakers
The Spanish big man has mentioned that he wants to sign with a contender and the Bulls are one with the 2014 NBA Defensive Player of the Year in Noah and a come-backing former Most Valuable Player in Rose.
Adrian Wojnarowksi first broke the news on Twitter:
Pau Gasol, Chicago working to complete an agreement, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) July 12, 2014
Gasol also tweeted about the development but did not leave any clue on which team he has picked:
Chicago is coached by defensive guru Tom Thibodeau, one of the top coaches in the league and has a slew of reliable role players in Taj Gibson, Jimmy Butler and Tony Snell among others.
However, the move would signify that the Bulls would be out for the running or free agent Carmelo Anthony of the New York Knicks unless they amnesty veteran power forward Carlos Boozer’s $16.8 million contract and Melo takes a pay cut.
Gasol’ scoring, rebounding and playmaking will definitely help the Bulls, which were one of the consistent top defensive teams the past years but has always struggled on offense.
Gasol averaged 17.4 points, 9.7 rebounds, 3.4 assists and 1.5 blocked shots in 60 games for the Los Angeles Lakers last season.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Celebrities Whose Life Changed Because of Sexual Abuse and Molestation
Join the Conversation
- No Kevin Love to Cleveland, Andrew Wiggins to Stay with Cavaliers
- Jeremy Lin Only an ‘Expiring Contract’ in Los Angeles; Lakers Want Eric Bledsoe
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- Khloe Kardashian Sympathetic About Ex-Husband Lamar Odom in Recent Instagram Posts
- Rafael Nadal’s Retirement Plan Includes Becoming Pro Poker Player; Spaniard To Unveil New Serve at US Open
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $499 Comes With 5.5-Inch Quad HD Display, Snapdragon 805 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People