Pau Gasol to Choose Chicago Bulls Over San Antonio Spurs, Oklahoma City Thunder
By James Patrick Quizon | July 12, 2014 10:04 PM EST
Pau Gasol has apparently made his choice and he wants to play with in Chicago where he’ll join Joakim Noah, Derrick Rose and the rest of the Bulls.
NBA: Charlotte Bobcats at Los Angeles Lakers
The Spanish big man has mentioned that he wants to sign with a contender and the Bulls are one with the 2014 NBA Defensive Player of the Year in Noah and a come-backing former Most Valuable Player in Rose.
Adrian Wojnarowksi first broke the news on Twitter:
Pau Gasol, Chicago working to complete an agreement, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) July 12, 2014
Gasol also tweeted about the development but did not leave any clue on which team he has picked:
Chicago is coached by defensive guru Tom Thibodeau, one of the top coaches in the league and has a slew of reliable role players in Taj Gibson, Jimmy Butler and Tony Snell among others.
However, the move would signify that the Bulls would be out for the running or free agent Carmelo Anthony of the New York Knicks unless they amnesty veteran power forward Carlos Boozer’s $16.8 million contract and Melo takes a pay cut.
Gasol’ scoring, rebounding and playmaking will definitely help the Bulls, which were one of the consistent top defensive teams the past years but has always struggled on offense.
Gasol averaged 17.4 points, 9.7 rebounds, 3.4 assists and 1.5 blocked shots in 60 games for the Los Angeles Lakers last season.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Manchester United Transfer News: Arturo Vidal Leaving Juventus for the Red Devils Gaining Momentum
- Roger Federer Forced to Take Down Children's Play Area on his Property in Valbella
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Striker Disappointed with Cesc Fabregas Sale to Chelsea
- 5 Sports Stars Who are Also Into Other Sports
- UFC 183: Anderson Silva vs. Nick Diaz Receives Mixed Reactions on Twitter
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools