Grey's Anatomy Season 11 Filming Set, Shonda Rhimes Faces High Expectations Thursdays on ABC [SPOILERS]
By Arlene Paredes | July 12, 2014 6:24 PM EST
"Grey's Anatomy" Season 11 filming kicks off on in two weeks' time, Camilla Luddington, who plays Jo Wilson in the show, announced on Twitter. This fall, Shonda Rhimes faces high expectations as her Shondaland gets an entire primetime block on ABC.
Spoiler alert: This feature contains spoilers on Grey's Anatomy Season 10. Read at your own risk.
Grey's Anatomy Season 11 premieres on ABC later this year. It keeps its regular schedule, as the network decided to have three of Shonda Rhimes' creations in a solid primetime block. "Scandal" Season 4 and the new series "How to Get Away with Murder" are also running Thursdays this fall.
How will Ms Rhimes shake up Grey's Anatomy to keep its flame burning while her other two babies are drawing more attention too? Fans can only hope for Luddington to share Grey's Anatomy Season 11 spoilers on Twitter as the filming progresses.
Luddington's Jo Wilson is currently in a (relatively) stable relationship with Alex Karev (Justin Chambers). At the end of Grey's Anatomy Season 10 finale, viewers learned that Karev's life is going to change a lot (if he takes his Yang-given seat at the Grey Sloan Memorial Board). It would be interesting to see how Jo and Alex would cope with these changes together.
Meanwhile, Shonda Rhimes and her team of writers probably have something big for Kevin McKidd's Owen Hunt, too, in Grey's Anatomy Season 11. In an interview with news.com.au, McKidd revealed he did consider the idea of Hunt and Cristina Yang (Sandra Oh) leaving Grey Sloan Memorial together.
However, McKidd had a meeting with Rhimes, and it made things crystal for the actor. Rhimes made him realise the viewers will see "this whole other layer [to Owen Hunt] that we've never ever gotten to know." This is one of the things the avid viewers can look forward to in Grey's Anatomy Season 11.
Aside from developments involving Jolex (Jo Wilson and Alex Karev) and Owen Hunt, Grey's Anatomy Season 11 viewers will be seeing more of Grey Sloan Memorial's new Cardiothoracic Department head, Dr. Margaret "Maggie" Pierce (Kelly McCreary) and Derek's sister, Amelia Shepherd (Caterina Scorsone).
Grey's creator Shonda Rhimes and her team of writers and showrunners are expected to manage this year's extreme pressure with their juicy drama, sparkling dialogue, and twisted stories in all three series.
Grey's Anatomy Season 11 premieres this fall on ABC.
Related TV Stories, Episode Guides and Spoilers
NCIS Season 12 Speculations: Two Reasons Cote de Pablo's Ziva David Should Come Back to CBS Crime Drama [READ]
Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Nathan Fillion Engages Fans on Twitter; Stana Katic Posts 'Dorks' in Florence, Brett Dalton Jokes 'Hydra in Castle' [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan
- Eurozone Indicators Forewarn Imminent Recession: Germany's Manufacturing Sector Slows