Masters of Sex Season 2 Sunday Premiere: Masters & Johnson’s Affair Continue, When & Where to Watch [VIDEO]
By Riza Ornos | July 12, 2014 3:09 PM EST
Critically acclaimed period series "Masters of Sex" season 2 is scheduled to premiere on Showtime on July 13, Sunday, and will feature Masters and Johnson to finally have an emotional, fulfilling sex. Played by Michael Sheen as Dr. William Masters and Lizzy Caplan as Virginia Johnson, the highly anticipated season 2 will juggle various plots built around sexuality, including a subtle exploration of sex and class with the arrival of Keke Palmer's character who will play as a nanny to Master's son.
Now that Masters know that he can't separate his feelings from his "research," "Masters of Sex" season 2 opens with Masters trying to juggle his feelings towards Johnson and being a good husband to his wife who just gave birth to twins. With no job and no funding for his research, Masters will do anything to continue his study and to keep Virginia as his research assistant as they continue having an affair in the name of science.
Even more masterful than season 1, "Masters of Sex" season 2 will consist of 12 episodes and episode 1 "Parallax" was written by Michelle Ashford and directed by Michael Apted. Based on Thomas Maier's biography of the same title, the upcoming pilot episode is the ramifications of Master's presentation ripple wherein he found himself doing his research without the wires but only trusting his feelings.
"It's blowing my mind," Caplan told TV Line during an interview when asked about season 2's different attack. "I anticipated the shock of getting this job to have settled in at this point, but now doing Season 2, it's even more insane to me that I get to show up to work on this show every single day."
"Masters and Johnson are not in the same hospital anymore, so our sets will feel very different," she added. "We have to do a big time jump about halfway through the season, and hopefully that won't jar people too much, because the story that we're trying to tell is 30 years long, and we don't have the luxury of shooting it over 30 years."
"Masters of Sex" season 2 will premiere at 10 P.M. on Sunday on Showtime.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- 'Sylvester Stallone Dies In Horrible Car Accident’ Death Hoax Goes Viral
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoiler: Revelation Of Reason Why Penny, Leonard ‘Not’ Getting Married Soon
- Emmy Awards 2014: Where To Watch Live Online, Top Nominations [VIDEO]
- 'The Bachelorette' Update: Andi Dorfman And Josh Murray To Setup Career In Hollywood- Reports
- 'Castle' Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic's Kate Beckett to Rediscover Nathan Fillion's Rick Castle; 'Derrick Storm' Coming to ABC [VIDEO]
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Canada Concerned About Russia’s Military Expansion in Arctic
- Nokia X2 vs. Nokia Lumia 530 - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Trending: Ice Bucket Challenge Replaced By Rubble Bucket Challenge By People Of Gaza
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features