Glee’s Becca Tobin’s BF Found Dead in Hotel Room, Another Tragedy After a Year of Cory Monteith’s Death
By Riza Ornos | July 12, 2014 2:54 PM EST
After almost a year of Cory Monteith's death, "Glee" is facing another tragedy as Becca Tobin's boyfriend was found dead in hotel room in Philadelphia on Thursday, July 10, afternoon. Believed to have been on a business trip with the actress, Bendik was found in bed "face down" by the hotel housekeeper.
The 35-year-old cub owner was reportedly with Tobin together with some friends on Wednesday night but according to TMZ sources, the "Glee" star was not in Philly and Tobin did not leave with him when he went back to his hotel room.
"Law enforcement sources tell us no drugs or drug paraphernalia were found in Bendik's hotel room," TMZ reports. "And we've learned a detective on scene wrote an incident report, which has no mention of alcohol. We're also told the incident report makes no mention of any medications in the room. And the report says no weapons of any sort were found, and no injuries to his body."
Based on reports, paramedic responded to the hotel's call shortly after 1 P.M. EDT on Thursday and Bendik was pronounced dead almost immediately at 1:17 P.M. Philadelphia PD called his death a "sudden death" and according to the investigators there is no foul play involved and no evidence of suicide.
Family of the nightclub owner fears that Matt died from a heart attack due to stress as he plans to expand his business, Daily Mail reports. "Matt's family is devastated," a source told the website. "His parents worry he may have died from a heart attack because he worked so hard, almost a workaholic. He had plans for a major career, he wanted to do well."
"Matt has passed away. With respect to both the Bendik and Tobin families, there is no comment at this time," Tobin's manager Ricky Rollins told CNN on Friday. The 28-year-old actress plays crabby cheerleader Kitty Wilde on the Fox musical show and currently inconsolable as they plan to get married and start having a family.
Bendik's death is the second tragedy that strikes the show after actor Cory Monteith was found dead in Vancouver hotel room on July 13, 2013. The 31-year-old actor is known for his role as Finn and was dating co-star Lea Michelle, who plays Rachel on the show.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide