Ellen Degeneres Introduces New Business Partner and Baby E.D.
By Christine Jane Caparras | July 12, 2014 2:14 PM EST
Ellen Degeneres has already proven her massive influence and reach through her epic Academy Awards selfie. She's conquered Oprah Winfrey's territory through her highly successful talk show and has also been recently reported to be a successful house flipper. This year, she is wandering into Martha Stewart's territory through the launch of her Lifestyle brand called E.D. with a new business partner.
Ellen Degeneres takes the stage to host the show at the start of the 86th Academy Awards in Hollywood, California March 2, 2014. REUTERS/Lucy Nicholson
Ellen has brought in a new man in her life! No, this is not to say that Ellen has jumped the fence amid divorce speculations that have been surrounding her relationship with wife Portia De Rossi. Ellen's new partner Chris Burch of Tory Burch fame, and Burch Creative Capital will be Ellen's business partner in this new venture.
E.D. pronounced simply "Ed" is a lifestyle brand set to be launched in October this year and it will be offering a wide range of lifestyle products. With Ellen's recent success in flipping houses, the product range is expected to include home decorations, gift sets, garden equipment, men and women's clothing and accessories as well as a range of pet products. This won't be Ellen's first foray into marketing such items as she has been promoting and selling various products through her talk show and website most prominently her line of Ellen underwear which she would sometimes give out to guests in her talk show.
Ellen sees this venture as something she will take on and turn into a full-blown lifestyle brand and not just a side project, something that she can pursue even long after her talk show ends as reported in an interview with WWD.
The comedienne is not going into this venture without experience and expertise behind her. The dream team that Ellen has formed to back her venture involves executives that have been involved with Target Corp., Macy's Merchandising Group and Isaac Mizrahi. While the project involves many creative minds and business strategists and marketers, Burch insists that Ellen is the driving force and the heart and visionary of the project. He insists that the business will not just be licensing Ellen's name and will be run by ghost executives in the background.
The brand is banking on Ellen's ability to connect to people and this authenticity will hopefully attract consumers to patronize the brand. The launch in the last quarter of the year is targeting the holiday season and all the gift-giving that surrounds it.
The full range of products is expected to come out in Spring next year.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS