Harry Potter Star Found Dead in Death Valley, Draco Malfoy Remembers the Actor as a Kind Gentleman
By Riza Ornos | July 12, 2014 12:37 PM EST
British actor Dave Legeno who acted in the box office hit "Harry Potter" was found dead in California's Death Valley while hiking alone. Appeared as werewolf Fenrir Greyback in "Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince" and both parts of "Harry Potter and the Death Hollows," the mixed martial arts fighter's body was found by hikers on Sunday and was recovered by helicopter with no signs of foul play.
"The remains have been identified as David Legeno, a 50-year-old United Kingdom man," based on Inyo County Sheriff's Department press release posted on CNN. "It appears that Legeno died of heat related issues, but the Inyo County Coroner will determine the final cause of death. There are no signs of foul play."
Recovered in a remote wash below Manly Beacon, west of Zabriskie Point, the 50-year-old's actor's death was confirmed by his agent on Friday, July 11, according to Mirror. Nicknamed as a Lobe Wolf, Legeno worked as a bouncer and wrestler, and his first major film was Guy Richie's action flick "Snatch." He also starred in "Batman Begins," "Snow White and the Hunstman" and "Centarion."
"Harry Potter" star Tom Felton, who played Draco Malfoy in the fantasy series, paid tribute to the actor on his Instagram account. He wrote: "He was a great talent with a heart of gold and always had time for anyone. Dave was a soft, kind gentleman off screen but had the skill to be the complete opposite on screen. He taught me lots." Other fans of the actor have started pouring their tributes to him on Twitter.
The actor is survived by one daughter, who is in her twenties and lives in southern England. Based on his IMDB page, Legeno just finished production for "The Last Knights" starring alongside Morgan Freeman and Clive Owen.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- After Estee Lauder, Kendal Jenner Now Bags Karl Lagerfeld Campaign In Less Than A Week
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced