Moto G, Moto X and Moto E Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Roll Out Starts: Installation and Schedule
By Precious Silva | July 12, 2014 11:46 AM EST
Motorola has confirmed the roll out of the Andorid 4.4.4 KitKat update on a number of its devices including the Moto G, Moto X and the Moto E. The update has been confirmed in India with possible roll out in other regions soon. Similar to other Android updates, this will be carried it out stages giving some users early access while others late.
Attendees play a check-in game to win prizes by tapping their NFC-enabled Android smartphones at the Google I/O developers conference in San Francisco June 25, 2014.
A tweet from Motorola India confirms the company has begun releasing the Android 4.4.4 KtiKat firmware on a variety of devices including the Moto X, Moto G and Moto E. Users in India can now download the software through over-the-air release or manual installation. According to the company, the Android 4.4.4 software update provides a range of enhancements including stability, security fixes and framework improvements. Moto G, Moto X and Moto E users can also expect OpenSSL-related fixes and a new phone dialer.
Last June, Motorola began rolling out the Android 4.4.3 KitKat for the same set of devices across the globe. According to the SVP of Software Engineering for Motorola Steve Horowitz (via NDTV): "We are excited to announce some icing on top of the, well, KitKat. Starting today [June 3], we are rolling out Android 4.4.3, KitKat, which was just released by Google."
According to the changelog of the Android 4.4.3 KitKat for Moto G, Moto E and Moto X, users can expect an improved dialer along with new color scheme and graphical layout. Moto E users can also expect a new range of function and consistency.
Moto G, on other hand, will receive a new pause feature for video recording. The viewfinder has been update for better experience. Moto E now has Motorola Alert access. This refers to a program that relays periodic alerts about the location of the user to his/her contacts.
Moto X will get improved camera functions and settings along with consistent exposure and higher image quality. It is best for users to wait for the official notification or clarify with their network providers about the ETA of the firmware.
Google is also slated to release the Android L platform later this year.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation