Serena Williams Reportedly Pregnant With BF Patrick Mouratoglou's Child
By Lou Imperial | July 12, 2014 12:04 AM EST
World's no.1 Serena Williams bombed out of the Wimbledon Open championships in a shocking way, absorbing a third round defeat at the hands of Alize Cornet of France and a second round exit in women's doubles. A stomach virus is seen as the culprit to Williams' downfall, but there are rumors circulating about Serena's pregnancy.
Serena Williams of the U.S. pumps her fist during her women's singles tennis match against Anna Tatishvili of the U.S. at the Wimbledon Tennis Championships, in London June 24, 2014.
Williams, who surprisingly failed to win a single Grand Slam crown so far this season, has been struggling with her fitness as of late, as a stomach virus put her Wimbledon Open campaign in jeopardy.
Serena's vulnerability was first exposed in a loss to Cornet 6-1, 3-6, 4-6 in the third round of the Wimbledon Open women's singles. Williams dominated the first frame with usual thunderous serves and forehand returns. However, her tenacity seemed to have zapped out in the next two sets, allowing Cornet to make a rally and pull off an upset.
In her double match with her sister Venus against Kristina Barrois and Stefanie Vögele, Williams was obviously out of energy as she couldn't continue to play after trailing 0-3 in the first set.
"I am heartbroken I'm not able to continue in the tournament. I thought I could rally this morning because I really wanted to compete but this bug just got the best of me," Williams said during a post-match interview via ESPN Women.
The mystery bug has apparently kept on derailing Williams' WTA Tour schedule, forcing the top-ranked female netter to withdraw from the Swedish Open - where she is the defending champion,
"I decided not to play in Bastad, because I am still not feeling 100%. I want to be in perfect condition to go back on court, but unfortunately it's not the case. I really hope to be able to get back to training from next week," Williams issued a statement after her withdrawal from Bastad.
Mystery Bug or Pregnant
Williams' health struggles certainly alarmed her fans and several tennis pundits like Martina Navratilova, who is beginning to be suspicious about the real condition of the American tennis player.
Navratilova sounded unconvinced that Williams is really suffering from a stomach bug virus, as the tennis legend insisted there could reasons behind Williams' health condition, other than a stomach virus.
"I find it distressing," Navratilova told USA Today. "I think a virus, whatever they're saying it was, I don't think that was it. I think it's clear that's not the case. I don't know what it is, but I hope Serena will be OK."
According to Tennis Tonic, German tabloid Bild has already published report about Williams allegedly carrying the baby of her coach and rumored boyfriend Patrick Mouratoglou. Williams and Mouratoglou have been dating for roughly a year now, and the two were spotted getting cozy to each other in several events.
For more Serena Williams and tennis news, read more at IBT Sports
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rugby Sevens Semis & Finals Live Stream, Schedule & Results – Commonwealth Games 2014
- A Beautiful Distraction: 5 Things You Need to Know About Sabina Altynbekova
- Boxing News 2014: 50 Cent Hits Mayweather Over Money Deal, Mocks Boxer in Instagram for Losing GF to Nelly
- Commonwealth Games 2014 Live Stream: Men’s & Women’s 100m Final, Athletics Schedule & Results Day 2
- Maria Sharapova Overtaken by Eugenie Bouchard in Poll of Sexiest Women in Tennis
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]