Serena Williams Reportedly Pregnant With BF Patrick Mouratoglou's Child
By Lou Imperial | July 12, 2014 12:04 AM EST
World's no.1 Serena Williams bombed out of the Wimbledon Open championships in a shocking way, absorbing a third round defeat at the hands of Alize Cornet of France and a second round exit in women's doubles. A stomach virus is seen as the culprit to Williams' downfall, but there are rumors circulating about Serena's pregnancy.
Serena Williams of the U.S. pumps her fist during her women's singles tennis match against Anna Tatishvili of the U.S. at the Wimbledon Tennis Championships, in London June 24, 2014.
Williams, who surprisingly failed to win a single Grand Slam crown so far this season, has been struggling with her fitness as of late, as a stomach virus put her Wimbledon Open campaign in jeopardy.
Serena's vulnerability was first exposed in a loss to Cornet 6-1, 3-6, 4-6 in the third round of the Wimbledon Open women's singles. Williams dominated the first frame with usual thunderous serves and forehand returns. However, her tenacity seemed to have zapped out in the next two sets, allowing Cornet to make a rally and pull off an upset.
In her double match with her sister Venus against Kristina Barrois and Stefanie Vögele, Williams was obviously out of energy as she couldn't continue to play after trailing 0-3 in the first set.
"I am heartbroken I'm not able to continue in the tournament. I thought I could rally this morning because I really wanted to compete but this bug just got the best of me," Williams said during a post-match interview via ESPN Women.
The mystery bug has apparently kept on derailing Williams' WTA Tour schedule, forcing the top-ranked female netter to withdraw from the Swedish Open - where she is the defending champion,
"I decided not to play in Bastad, because I am still not feeling 100%. I want to be in perfect condition to go back on court, but unfortunately it's not the case. I really hope to be able to get back to training from next week," Williams issued a statement after her withdrawal from Bastad.
Mystery Bug or Pregnant
Williams' health struggles certainly alarmed her fans and several tennis pundits like Martina Navratilova, who is beginning to be suspicious about the real condition of the American tennis player.
Navratilova sounded unconvinced that Williams is really suffering from a stomach bug virus, as the tennis legend insisted there could reasons behind Williams' health condition, other than a stomach virus.
"I find it distressing," Navratilova told USA Today. "I think a virus, whatever they're saying it was, I don't think that was it. I think it's clear that's not the case. I don't know what it is, but I hope Serena will be OK."
According to Tennis Tonic, German tabloid Bild has already published report about Williams allegedly carrying the baby of her coach and rumored boyfriend Patrick Mouratoglou. Williams and Mouratoglou have been dating for roughly a year now, and the two were spotted getting cozy to each other in several events.
For more Serena Williams and tennis news, read more at IBT Sports
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- The Rock Reveals He And John Cena Nearly Fought Backstage [VIDEO]
- Maria Sharapova And Grigor Dimitrov Break Up News
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- NFL Week 2: Kansas City Chiefs Vs. Denver Broncos Live Streaming Information And Preview
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date