Serena Williams Reportedly Pregnant With BF Patrick Mouratoglou's Child
By Lou Imperial | July 12, 2014 12:04 AM EST
World's no.1 Serena Williams bombed out of the Wimbledon Open championships in a shocking way, absorbing a third round defeat at the hands of Alize Cornet of France and a second round exit in women's doubles. A stomach virus is seen as the culprit to Williams' downfall, but there are rumors circulating about Serena's pregnancy.
Serena Williams of the U.S. pumps her fist during her women's singles tennis match against Anna Tatishvili of the U.S. at the Wimbledon Tennis Championships, in London June 24, 2014.
Williams, who surprisingly failed to win a single Grand Slam crown so far this season, has been struggling with her fitness as of late, as a stomach virus put her Wimbledon Open campaign in jeopardy.
Serena's vulnerability was first exposed in a loss to Cornet 6-1, 3-6, 4-6 in the third round of the Wimbledon Open women's singles. Williams dominated the first frame with usual thunderous serves and forehand returns. However, her tenacity seemed to have zapped out in the next two sets, allowing Cornet to make a rally and pull off an upset.
In her double match with her sister Venus against Kristina Barrois and Stefanie Vögele, Williams was obviously out of energy as she couldn't continue to play after trailing 0-3 in the first set.
"I am heartbroken I'm not able to continue in the tournament. I thought I could rally this morning because I really wanted to compete but this bug just got the best of me," Williams said during a post-match interview via ESPN Women.
The mystery bug has apparently kept on derailing Williams' WTA Tour schedule, forcing the top-ranked female netter to withdraw from the Swedish Open - where she is the defending champion,
"I decided not to play in Bastad, because I am still not feeling 100%. I want to be in perfect condition to go back on court, but unfortunately it's not the case. I really hope to be able to get back to training from next week," Williams issued a statement after her withdrawal from Bastad.
Mystery Bug or Pregnant
Williams' health struggles certainly alarmed her fans and several tennis pundits like Martina Navratilova, who is beginning to be suspicious about the real condition of the American tennis player.
Navratilova sounded unconvinced that Williams is really suffering from a stomach bug virus, as the tennis legend insisted there could reasons behind Williams' health condition, other than a stomach virus.
"I find it distressing," Navratilova told USA Today. "I think a virus, whatever they're saying it was, I don't think that was it. I think it's clear that's not the case. I don't know what it is, but I hope Serena will be OK."
According to Tennis Tonic, German tabloid Bild has already published report about Williams allegedly carrying the baby of her coach and rumored boyfriend Patrick Mouratoglou. Williams and Mouratoglou have been dating for roughly a year now, and the two were spotted getting cozy to each other in several events.
For more Serena Williams and tennis news, read more at IBT Sports
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Boxing Analyst John Scully Says Floyd Mayweather Is Slipping But Manny Pacquiao Won’t Win In Super Fight In 2015
- Freddie Roach Provoking ‘Washed-Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr., Says Manny Pacquiao Will KO Undefeated American
- Sharapova, Halep, Ivanovic, Wozniacki, Kvitova, Radwanska, Kerber Make Early Commitment To Stuttgart Open
- 2014 Dancing With The Stars Australia: Former AFL Star David Rodan Declared Winner
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys