Chelsea FC Transfer News: Keeper Hints Return to Stamford Bridge, Farewells to Atletico Staff Caught On Cam
By Mark Wayne Eubank | July 11, 2014 11:58 PM EST
Chelsea goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois will apparently not extend his term as Atletico Madrid's no. 1, as he was recently caught camera bidding his farewells to the Club's staff.
Spanish media outlet AS revealed that the Belgian goalkeeper dropped by at the Rojiblancos training ground in Majadahonda to pick-up his things and personally say goodbye to Atleti's personnel, as well as his former teammates (Click to see photo).
“When the World Cup is over, Courtois will come straight back to Stamford Bridge - end of story.” - Jose Mourinho on Thibaut Courtois
The 22-year-old made a total of 111 appearances for the capital-based outfit in three seasons, which made him develop into the player that he is today.
He helped the club win the Europa League, Super Cup, Copa del Rey, the recent La Liga crown, and a runner-up in the Champions League.
Courtois was hesitant to head back to Stamford Bridge due to concerns that he might only play second-fiddle to Jose Mourinho's first-choice, Petr Cech.
In any case, it will be the Portuguese manager's predicament, as having two world-class shot-stoppers in one squad will definitely be fatal to one.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Chelsea FC: Thibaut Courtois Thanks Cech For Tips Following Injury Scare, Not Ready To Relinquish No. 1 Spot
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- Severe iPhone 6 Supply Shortage Will Last Until Q1 2015 as Apple Grapples to Meet Heavy Demand