Kate MIddleton's Diet Scheme: The Do's And Dont's
By Sarah Thomas | July 11, 2014 10:13 PM EST
Well known for her size six figure and her quick bounce back in just five weeks after her pregnancy, Duchess of Cambridge Kate Middleton has now adopted a new diet scheme which involves nothing but raw food. She has developed a liking for watermelon salads, gazpacho, goji berries, tabbouleh and almond milk.
Britain's Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge sits on Centre Court at the Wimbledon Tennis Championships, in London July 6, 2014. REUTERS/Sang Tan/Pool (BRITAIN - Tags: ENTERTAINMENT ROYALS SPORT TENNIS)
Her main motive is to not just maintain her slender figure but gain a radiant glowing skin as well. Kate is renowned for her strong will. She dropped 4 sizes with her determination and motive and turned size 6 from size 10. She followed the protein-rich Ducan diet in the past which worked wonders. Now slender and sexy, Kate has grabbed all the attention with her new diet scheme.
This raw-only regimen is said to strengthen the nails, produce a radiant and lively skin and it would also help thicken the hair. Health experts claim that the diet is far richer in nutrients and vitamins than cooked food.
All her fans have been wondering about her new diet; some desire to ape her ways and see the results themselves. But the question is how effective would it be and how stringently must you follow the diet? Keri Gans, author of The Small Change Diet answered these questions. While raw fruits and vegetables are extremely good, you do not have to give up on cooked foods completely.
"Kate appears to be eating really healthy foods, but there isn't any science to suggest raw is better for you than cooked foods," she explained. These diet schemes are just a way to get rid of unhealthy foods from the diet. According to her, keeping away from processed foods rich in sugar and simple carbohydrates would help benefit the skin, nails, and it would help reduce weight as well. So there is no hard and fast rule that one must stick only to a raw food diet.
She also informed of its downfalls. "Uncooked fish, meat and poultry come with risks," she states. "It's definitely not something I'd recommend for someone with a compromised immune system or a woman who is pregnant." Social get-togethers would be hard as well as it would involve food. Gans is of the opinion that the diet is not practical for everyone.
It's also beneficial to cook certain foods such as tomatoes, corn, and carrots. Dawn Jackson Blatner, a spokeswoman for the American Dietetic Association, told Women's Health, "Heat makes some chemicals, like lycopene, more absorbable." This means that the nutrients would be more when cooked.
One needs to bear all of this in mind before blindly following the diet. There are many alternatives to a bland raw food diet. You can eat calori-less, protein-rich foods. Or just contact a dietician for you own customised diet.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Monday Night Football Recap: Chicago Bears 27, New York Jets 19
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- MRI Footage Shows What Sex And Other Activities Looks Like From The Inside[Watch Video]
- Joe Manganiello Fitness Secret: Low Carb Paleo Diet and CrossFit Workout
- Demi Lovato Battled Bulimia and Negative Body Image: Turns into Role Model For Many; Her Diet and Fitness Routine
- Beyonce Reveals Snaps Of Naked Baby Bump While She Was Expecting Blue Ivy; How She Lost Her Pregnancy Weight [Watch Video]
- Ebola Response Team Killed In Cold Blood By Angry Guinea Locales
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues