Kate MIddleton's Diet Scheme: The Do's And Dont's
By Sarah Thomas | July 11, 2014 10:13 PM EST
Well known for her size six figure and her quick bounce back in just five weeks after her pregnancy, Duchess of Cambridge Kate Middleton has now adopted a new diet scheme which involves nothing but raw food. She has developed a liking for watermelon salads, gazpacho, goji berries, tabbouleh and almond milk.
Britain's Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge sits on Centre Court at the Wimbledon Tennis Championships, in London July 6, 2014. REUTERS/Sang Tan/Pool (BRITAIN - Tags: ENTERTAINMENT ROYALS SPORT TENNIS)
Her main motive is to not just maintain her slender figure but gain a radiant glowing skin as well. Kate is renowned for her strong will. She dropped 4 sizes with her determination and motive and turned size 6 from size 10. She followed the protein-rich Ducan diet in the past which worked wonders. Now slender and sexy, Kate has grabbed all the attention with her new diet scheme.
This raw-only regimen is said to strengthen the nails, produce a radiant and lively skin and it would also help thicken the hair. Health experts claim that the diet is far richer in nutrients and vitamins than cooked food.
All her fans have been wondering about her new diet; some desire to ape her ways and see the results themselves. But the question is how effective would it be and how stringently must you follow the diet? Keri Gans, author of The Small Change Diet answered these questions. While raw fruits and vegetables are extremely good, you do not have to give up on cooked foods completely.
"Kate appears to be eating really healthy foods, but there isn't any science to suggest raw is better for you than cooked foods," she explained. These diet schemes are just a way to get rid of unhealthy foods from the diet. According to her, keeping away from processed foods rich in sugar and simple carbohydrates would help benefit the skin, nails, and it would help reduce weight as well. So there is no hard and fast rule that one must stick only to a raw food diet.
She also informed of its downfalls. "Uncooked fish, meat and poultry come with risks," she states. "It's definitely not something I'd recommend for someone with a compromised immune system or a woman who is pregnant." Social get-togethers would be hard as well as it would involve food. Gans is of the opinion that the diet is not practical for everyone.
It's also beneficial to cook certain foods such as tomatoes, corn, and carrots. Dawn Jackson Blatner, a spokeswoman for the American Dietetic Association, told Women's Health, "Heat makes some chemicals, like lycopene, more absorbable." This means that the nutrients would be more when cooked.
One needs to bear all of this in mind before blindly following the diet. There are many alternatives to a bland raw food diet. You can eat calori-less, protein-rich foods. Or just contact a dietician for you own customised diet.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Doctor Denies Saying Aussie Radio Presenter Kyle Sandilands Only Has 6 Months to Live
- Online Porn Easy To Access: Research; Cameron Diaz Is A 'Porn Addict'
- Bride-To-Be Loses 57 Kilograms Before Wedding, Slimming World's Woman of the Year
- Seven Natural Ways to Fight Depression
- HIV Breakthrough: Tampon With An Anti-HIV Drug For Women
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015