Kate MIddleton's Diet Scheme: The Do's And Dont's
By Sarah Thomas | July 11, 2014 10:13 PM EST
Well known for her size six figure and her quick bounce back in just five weeks after her pregnancy, Duchess of Cambridge Kate Middleton has now adopted a new diet scheme which involves nothing but raw food. She has developed a liking for watermelon salads, gazpacho, goji berries, tabbouleh and almond milk.
Britain's Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge sits on Centre Court at the Wimbledon Tennis Championships, in London July 6, 2014. REUTERS/Sang Tan/Pool (BRITAIN - Tags: ENTERTAINMENT ROYALS SPORT TENNIS)
Her main motive is to not just maintain her slender figure but gain a radiant glowing skin as well. Kate is renowned for her strong will. She dropped 4 sizes with her determination and motive and turned size 6 from size 10. She followed the protein-rich Ducan diet in the past which worked wonders. Now slender and sexy, Kate has grabbed all the attention with her new diet scheme.
This raw-only regimen is said to strengthen the nails, produce a radiant and lively skin and it would also help thicken the hair. Health experts claim that the diet is far richer in nutrients and vitamins than cooked food.
All her fans have been wondering about her new diet; some desire to ape her ways and see the results themselves. But the question is how effective would it be and how stringently must you follow the diet? Keri Gans, author of The Small Change Diet answered these questions. While raw fruits and vegetables are extremely good, you do not have to give up on cooked foods completely.
"Kate appears to be eating really healthy foods, but there isn't any science to suggest raw is better for you than cooked foods," she explained. These diet schemes are just a way to get rid of unhealthy foods from the diet. According to her, keeping away from processed foods rich in sugar and simple carbohydrates would help benefit the skin, nails, and it would help reduce weight as well. So there is no hard and fast rule that one must stick only to a raw food diet.
She also informed of its downfalls. "Uncooked fish, meat and poultry come with risks," she states. "It's definitely not something I'd recommend for someone with a compromised immune system or a woman who is pregnant." Social get-togethers would be hard as well as it would involve food. Gans is of the opinion that the diet is not practical for everyone.
It's also beneficial to cook certain foods such as tomatoes, corn, and carrots. Dawn Jackson Blatner, a spokeswoman for the American Dietetic Association, told Women's Health, "Heat makes some chemicals, like lycopene, more absorbable." This means that the nutrients would be more when cooked.
One needs to bear all of this in mind before blindly following the diet. There are many alternatives to a bland raw food diet. You can eat calori-less, protein-rich foods. Or just contact a dietician for you own customised diet.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ebola: American Doctors in Liberia Trying Out New Methods
- Low-Carb Diet Helps Reduce Risk of Heart Disease, Aids Weight Loss; A Look At Celebs Who Adopted The Diet
- 5 Deadly Reasons to Stay Away From Soda (Watch Video)
- Boxing News 2014: 12 Days to Mayweather-Maidana Rematch; Money May’s Bikram Yoga Routine Includes Placing $100 Bills Around Mat
- More Than Two Hundred Colombian Girls Hospitalized After Receiving Cervical Cancer Vaccination
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display