Transfer News: Bayern Munich Forward Heads to Madrid
By Mark Wayne Eubank | July 11, 2014 9:09 PM EST
Bayern Munich forward Mario Mandzukic is heading to La Liga Champions Atletico Madrid, as he is perceived to be deemed a surplus to requirements at Bavaria.
The recent signing of Robert Lewandowski as a free-agent this month, after his contract with Borussia Dortmund expired, confirmed Pep Guardiola's preference of playing the Polish international instead of the Croat.
“I know Atlético well and they have good players and a good coach; I'm very happy to be here." - Mario Mandzukic
Mandzukic will replace Diego Costa, who just made a move to Chelsea, as the Rojiblancos' hitman.
"I know Atlético well and they have good players and a good coach; I'm very happy to be here," said the 28-year-old.
"I have seen many of Atlético's games and I like their style of play. I feel that I can do good things with this team."
The former Wolfsburg man, whose suggested purchase price was in the region of £20million, is reported to have penned a four-year deal, which will see him don the striped shirt until 2018.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 9/11 Dust Cloud Most Likely Have Created Pregnancy Issues: Celebrities Who Posed Nude During Pregnancy
Join the Conversation
- Arsenal FC: Wenger Satisfied Despite Coming Out with a Draw against Besiktas
- Serena Williams and Rumoured Boyfriend Patrick Mouratoglou Spotted on a Date in NYC
- UFC President Dana White Says He is Very Excited for Anderson Silva’s Comeback in January
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Claims that Fabregas will Play Best Football Under Him
- 10 Celebrities Who Took The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge: Justin Bieber, Selena Gomez, Chris Pratt & LeBron James [VIDEOS]
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015
- After James Foley, ISIL Threatens to Behead Another American Journalist Steven Sotloff