Chelsea FC Transfer News: Atletico Boss Thankful for Striker's Contributions, as Latter Moves to Stamford Bridge
By Mark Wayne Eubank | July 11, 2014 7:38 PM EST
Atletico Madrid manager Diego Simeone has nothing but good words for his former striker Diego Costa, as the latter prepares to ply his trade at Stamford Bridge.
The 25-year-old Brazil-born Spanish international helped the Rojiblancos win the La Liga title last season, as well as a second-place finish in the Champions League.
“I'm always going to be thankful to the players that give all their best. He had excellent performances while he was with us.” - Diego Simeone on Diego Costa
His 27-goal tally in the La Liga is only behind the likes of Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi.
"I wish him the very best at Chelsea," said Simeone.
"He can still keep growing. He's at an age where he can continue to improve so let's hope he can develop further. I'm sure he'll be a success."
"I'm always going to be thankful to the players that give all their best. He had excellent performances while he was with us."
While the reported £33.44million fee has yet to be confirmed, Chelsea posted on their official website that the parties involved in the much talked-about deal have already come to terms.
"Chelsea Football Club can confirm an agreement has been reached with Atletico Madrid for the transfer of Diego Costa, with Chelsea meeting the buy-out clause for the Spanish international," the statement read.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal’s Coach Reveals The Spanish Athlete Will Be Back On Court Soon
- Manny Pacquiao Is The Greatest Fighter That Ever Lived Declares Magician David Blaine
- Guardiola Mockingly States That Man Utd Does Not Have The Means To Acquire Bayern Munich Players
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Superfight Won’t Happen Because Floyd Is Scared Of Left-Handed Boxers, Pacman - Bob Arum
- Serena Williams Shows Off Her Bikini Body With Eva Longoria At The Miami Beach After US Open Victory
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone