Chelsea FC Transfer News: Atletico Boss Thankful for Striker's Contributions, as Latter Moves to Stamford Bridge
By Mark Wayne Eubank | July 11, 2014 7:38 PM EST
Atletico Madrid manager Diego Simeone has nothing but good words for his former striker Diego Costa, as the latter prepares to ply his trade at Stamford Bridge.
The 25-year-old Brazil-born Spanish international helped the Rojiblancos win the La Liga title last season, as well as a second-place finish in the Champions League.
“I'm always going to be thankful to the players that give all their best. He had excellent performances while he was with us.” - Diego Simeone on Diego Costa
His 27-goal tally in the La Liga is only behind the likes of Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi.
"I wish him the very best at Chelsea," said Simeone.
"He can still keep growing. He's at an age where he can continue to improve so let's hope he can develop further. I'm sure he'll be a success."
"I'm always going to be thankful to the players that give all their best. He had excellent performances while he was with us."
While the reported £33.44million fee has yet to be confirmed, Chelsea posted on their official website that the parties involved in the much talked-about deal have already come to terms.
"Chelsea Football Club can confirm an agreement has been reached with Atletico Madrid for the transfer of Diego Costa, with Chelsea meeting the buy-out clause for the Spanish international," the statement read.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions