Chelsea FC Transfer News: Atletico Boss Thankful for Striker's Contributions, as Latter Moves to Stamford Bridge
By Mark Wayne Eubank | July 11, 2014 7:38 PM EST
Atletico Madrid manager Diego Simeone has nothing but good words for his former striker Diego Costa, as the latter prepares to ply his trade at Stamford Bridge.
The 25-year-old Brazil-born Spanish international helped the Rojiblancos win the La Liga title last season, as well as a second-place finish in the Champions League.
“I'm always going to be thankful to the players that give all their best. He had excellent performances while he was with us.” - Diego Simeone on Diego Costa
His 27-goal tally in the La Liga is only behind the likes of Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi.
"I wish him the very best at Chelsea," said Simeone.
"He can still keep growing. He's at an age where he can continue to improve so let's hope he can develop further. I'm sure he'll be a success."
"I'm always going to be thankful to the players that give all their best. He had excellent performances while he was with us."
While the reported £33.44million fee has yet to be confirmed, Chelsea posted on their official website that the parties involved in the much talked-about deal have already come to terms.
"Chelsea Football Club can confirm an agreement has been reached with Atletico Madrid for the transfer of Diego Costa, with Chelsea meeting the buy-out clause for the Spanish international," the statement read.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu