Kylie Minogue Breaks Down Into Tears and Gets Emotional Remembering Ex Michael Hutchence [SEE VIDEO]
By nidhi tewari | July 11, 2014 7:10 PM EST
Kylie Minogue broke down into tears as she spoke about her ex boyfriend Michael Hutchence in a yet-to-be aired interview on 60 Minutes. The trailer shows the 46-year-old actress getting all emotional with tears in her eyes as she talked about her late rock star boy friend Michael Hutchence. The INXS front man committed suicide in his hotel room in 1997.
Singer Kylie Minogue attends 25th Annual GLAAD Media Awards at the Waldorf Astoria in New York, May 3, 2014. REUTERS/Eduardo Munoz
Kylie revealed in the interview that she has "so many firsts" with Michael who was with her when she was 21-years-old and still exploring the world. The pair began dating in the late 1980s but Michael soon broke up with Kylie over the phone and started dating supermodel Helena Christensen. Kylie and Michael however remained friends even after they broke up.
According to the Mirror, Michael reportedly went on drug and liquor overdose rampage after a row with his wife Paula's ex-husband Bob Geldof on the day of his death. He later hanged himself at the Ritz Carlton hotel in Sydney. Recent investigations by detectives in February 2014 (after more than 16 years of his death) revealed that he had a severely infected and a very deep cigarette burn on his finger which "went down to the bone," the publication revealed. Michael was 47 years old then and not living with Kylie.
However, he has a special place in Kylie's heart even now and she gets all teary eyed when she talks about him. See video below.
"It's a mixture, a mixture of emotions and memories," the Australian Voice coach says in the short video promo of the interview, which is scheduled to be aired on Sunday.
"It was a great love and true heartbreak. I had so many firsts with him," a teary eyed and very emotional Minogue said in the interview promo.
Kylie looks gorgeous in the promos with her golden locks blow dried naturally. The songstress wears a sexy black cleavage-revealing outfit as she sits for the interview. Kylie has her hands full by mentoring new singers on the Australian edition of "The Voice" along with Ricky Martin and Will. i. am.
The blonde beauty has also announced a solo "Kiss Me Once Tour" to Australia in early 2015. Before that the singer has plans to release her new album. Kylie's emotional interview will air on Channel Nine at 8:00pm on Sunday. Meanwhile, watch the captivating promo of 60 Minutes featuring Kylie below:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Product Recall: Graco Recalls Baby Strollers in Canada, U.S. Due To Amputation Risks
- New Zealand Assured China-Australia Deal Will Not Affect Demand
- Canada's Ontario Students Score High Rank In Global Survey Of Computer Skills