MasterChef Australia 6 Recap: Episode 48 Chef Dave Verhuel's Dessert Pressure Test Eliminates Renae Smith
By Janice Somosot | July 11, 2014 5:35 PM EST
"MasterChef Australia" Season 6, Episode 48 aired on Thursday, July 10, 2014. It featured Chef Dave Verhuel's Dessert Pressure Test that eliminated Renae Smith. Wondering what else happened in this episode? If you want to find out, read on for the "MasterChef Australia" 6 recap of Episode 48.
In "MasterChef Australia 6," Episode 48, the contestants from the two losing teams (Ben, Tracy, Renae and Brent) had to recreate the popular dessert of The Town Mouse's Chef Dave Verhuel. It's called the Buttermilk poached pear, walnut, caramel, roast chocolate and pear sorbet. They have to make it without using a recipe and without being able to taste it! If they don't pass this particular Pressure Test, they will be eliminated and sent home.
Again, "MasterChef Australia" 6 judges Gary Mehigan, George Calombaris and Matt Preston were on hand to observe, give advice and judge who makes the best recreation of Chef Dave Verheul's signature dish.
Click HERE to see the Buttermilk poached pear, walnut, caramel, roast chocolate & pear sorbet recipe from The Town Mouse's Chef Dave Verheul.
Unfortunately, 31-year-old Renae Smith, a Brand Developer from New South Wales (NSW), was eliminated.
Click HERE to see photos of The Ultimate Dessert Recreation from the official Web site gallery of "MasterChef Australia."
Now that Renae Smith has been eliminated because of Chef Dave Verhuel's Dessert Pressure Test, only seven "MasterChef Australia" Season 6 contestants remain. Check out the list below to see who survived to compete for another day.
7 Remaining "MasterChef Australia" Season 6 Contestants:
1. Amy Shields - Learning Systems Admin from WA (37 years old)
2. Ben Macdonald - IT Systems Consultant from QLD (36 years old)
3. Brent Owens - Bobcat Driver from VIC (24 years old)
4. Emelia Jackson - Marketing Coordinator from VIC (24 years old)
5. Jamie Fleming - Bartender from NSW (26 years old)
6. Laura Cassai - Health Science Student from SA (19 years old)
7. Tracy Collins - Hairdresser from SA (38 years old)
That's it for the "MasterChef Australia" 6 recap of Episode 48 which featured Chef Dave Verhuel's Dessert Pressure Test that eliminated Renae Smith. It was shown on July 10, 2014 at Network Ten. Watch the full episode HERE. Don't miss "MasterChef Australia" 6 from Sunday to Thursday at 7:30 p.m. Keep reading the International Business Times (IBT) for more updates about your favourite Australian cooking competition and other news about entertainment, sports, technology, health and business.
MasterChef Australia 6 Recap: Episode 47 Asian Street Food Night Market Challenge, 200 Fans Get to Decide Who Wins
MasterChef Australia 6 Recap: Episode 46 The Bittersweet Final Immunity Pin Challenge Against Professional Chef John Lawson [WATCH VIDEO]
MasterChef Australia 6 Recap: Episode 45 The Gelato Messina Pressure Test Eliminates Sarah Todd [WATCH VIDEO]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Finale Recap: And The Winner Is…[Spoilers]
- Kris Jenner Shocks Boyfriend Corey Gamble In The Bedroom With Her Tricks And Fabulous Sex Life
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Nov. 26, 2014, The Forrester Mansion Is All Decked Out For Thanksgiving With Family And Friends [WATCH VIDEO]
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid