The Leftovers Episode 3 Spoilers/Preview: Reverend Trapped in Blaze [VIDEO]
By Anshu Shrivastava | July 11, 2014 5:26 PM EST
The premiere episode of "The Leftovers" saw the Mayor organising a parade in Mapleton to celebrate the people who had disappeared, without any explanation, as heroes. However not everyone sees the departed people as heroes, including Reverend Jamison. The episode 3 of "The Leftovers," which is titled "Two Boats and a Helicopter," features him facing the consequences of voicing something that is against the view of the majority.
In the preview clip, Reverend Jamison can be seen telling Carrie Coon that the rupture was a "test for what comes now." There is also a glimpse of him giving a box to two members of the Guilty Remnant, saying "Sorry, I don't have any white." He may be planning to join them, as he is on the verge of losing his Church.
The synopsis and the preview of the episode suggest that Reverend will be facing death threats and the attendance during his sermons will drop because of his views about those who have departed.
"If we can no longer separate the innocents from the guilty, everything that happened to us, all of our sufferings, is meaningless," Reverend can be seen saying in the preview clip.
The preview clip of "Two Boats and a Helicopter" ends with a glimpse of Revered Jamison trapped in blaze. He is screaming, "help."
"The Leftovers" is based on Tom Perrotta's novel of the same name. In an interview with Vulture, the writer said, "one of the huge changes overall [from the book] is just the prevalence of violence in the show. We were looking for opportunities to make it less melancholy and more explosive."
Official Synopsis of "The Leftovers" Episode 3, "Two Boats and a Helicopter":
"Reverend Jamison is struggling with people referring to the departed as heroes. He is faced with death threats and a diminishing attendance at his sermons and then finds out he may lose his church due to foreclosure."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘America's Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Winner: Betting Odds And Judges Predict Who Could Win The Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Nine Moments From Episode 1, The Locomotion Interruption
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Finale Performance Episode Recap, Spoilers: 6 Finalists Perform Their Last Acts To Win Finals
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Season 2 Preview: Sam’s Fairy Tale Date, Belly Dancing Time, Who Exits
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Canadian IS Jihadist Who Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers