Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Trial Dating: If Relationship Proves Successful, They Would Continue as Couple - Reports
By Sonalee singh | July 11, 2014 5:23 PM EST
Nina Dobrev and Ian Somerhalder have been stuck in an on-and-off relationship cycle. However, it seems that the couple is finally giving their relationship a last shot.
Actress Nina Dobrev arrives at the 2014 People's Choice Awards in Los Angeles, California January 8, 2014.
"Nina and Ian have already gotten back together on a trial basis, but they've decided that it was a success and want to continue dating each other," a source told Celeb Dirty Laundry.
It was previously reported that Dobrev has got back with Ian due to her mother's intervention. Reportedly, since calling it quits with Ian, Nina has been linked to a slew of guys and her mother did not want that the actress' reputation to take the downward spiral.
Nina and Ian were in a solid relationship from Sept. 2011 to May 2013. However, they called it quits for unknown reasons and kept on working on "TVD" as professional co-stars. When the couple had broken up, Dobrev had mentioned in one her interviews that she still cares about him.
"If you're with someone for that long, there's obviously the qualities in them that you enjoy and that doesn't change just because you're not together anymore," Nina explained to E! "I have an enormous amount of respect and love for [Ian] and everyone. That doesn't change, it shouldn't. Otherwise, why were you with them?"
Both Ian and Nina's rep have not said anything about their rumoured reunion but if it has happened then the fans couldn't be happier. The couple's fans have taken to Twitter time-to-time suggesting they would be happiest if the couple gets back together.
Meanwhile, regarding his TVD's character Damon's relationship with Nina's character Elena, Ian gave fans a bit of a spoiler.
"It's far from over [for Elena and Stefan]," stated Somerhalder as reported by Sugar Scape.
Of course, Ian couldn't help but share cryptic statements not only about his character on TVD but his relationship with Dobrev off screen.
"When you have grown-up conversations, you have to put your big boy pants and big girl pants on. They keep taking their pants off, and that's what gets in the way of the grown-up conversations," stated Somerhalder.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Episode 11 On Hold, Return Date, Title And Synopsis Of New Episode
- ‘The Hobbit: The Battle Of The Five Armies’ New Images Of Bard And Smaug In Battle
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers – ‘Coda’: Midseason Finale Is ‘Heartbreaking’ And ‘Gut-Wrenching’
- 'Arrow' Season 3 Updates: Oliver Queen And Team Go To Barry Allen's Central City (Spoilers)
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Spoilers: Ramsay Bolton
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Will Shatter Records with 64-Bit Snapdragon, 21MP Camera and Bendable Design
- Lowe's Black Friday 2014 Deals Include Up To 40% Off On Select Major Appliances, Plus Free Shipping For Orders Of $19 Or More
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Best Buy,Target And Amazon Offer Huge Discounts On Tablets Like iPad Air 2, Shield Tablet, Surface Pro 3 And More