Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Trial Dating: If Relationship Proves Successful, They Would Continue as Couple - Reports
By Sonalee singh | July 11, 2014 5:23 PM EST
Nina Dobrev and Ian Somerhalder have been stuck in an on-and-off relationship cycle. However, it seems that the couple is finally giving their relationship a last shot.
Actress Nina Dobrev arrives at the 2014 People's Choice Awards in Los Angeles, California January 8, 2014.
"Nina and Ian have already gotten back together on a trial basis, but they've decided that it was a success and want to continue dating each other," a source told Celeb Dirty Laundry.
It was previously reported that Dobrev has got back with Ian due to her mother's intervention. Reportedly, since calling it quits with Ian, Nina has been linked to a slew of guys and her mother did not want that the actress' reputation to take the downward spiral.
Nina and Ian were in a solid relationship from Sept. 2011 to May 2013. However, they called it quits for unknown reasons and kept on working on "TVD" as professional co-stars. When the couple had broken up, Dobrev had mentioned in one her interviews that she still cares about him.
"If you're with someone for that long, there's obviously the qualities in them that you enjoy and that doesn't change just because you're not together anymore," Nina explained to E! "I have an enormous amount of respect and love for [Ian] and everyone. That doesn't change, it shouldn't. Otherwise, why were you with them?"
Both Ian and Nina's rep have not said anything about their rumoured reunion but if it has happened then the fans couldn't be happier. The couple's fans have taken to Twitter time-to-time suggesting they would be happiest if the couple gets back together.
Meanwhile, regarding his TVD's character Damon's relationship with Nina's character Elena, Ian gave fans a bit of a spoiler.
"It's far from over [for Elena and Stefan]," stated Somerhalder as reported by Sugar Scape.
Of course, Ian couldn't help but share cryptic statements not only about his character on TVD but his relationship with Dobrev off screen.
"When you have grown-up conversations, you have to put your big boy pants and big girl pants on. They keep taking their pants off, and that's what gets in the way of the grown-up conversations," stated Somerhalder.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
Join the Conversation
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Trailer Reveals Sith Plus John Boyega And Daisy Ridley’s Characters And Much More—Reports
- Cameron Diaz, Benji Madden Engaged – Reports
- ‘The Voice’ Season 7 (2014) Winner: Eliminated Contestants Predict Who Could Win It All
- Channing Tatum-Jenna Dewan Tatum Split: Channing Disregards Amber Heard Link-Up Reports, Says Wife 'Puts Everything in Perspective'
- Prince Harry Enjoys Three-Day Visit To Oman, Picks Up Present For Prince George And Performs With Traditional Sword Dancers
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Microsoft Band Wearable Gadget At $199 Is A Sell-Out
- 6 Big Reasons iPhone 6 Plus is Must-Have Black Friday, Christmas 2014 Buy
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- NATO To Russia: 'Pull Back Your Troops'
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary