Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Trial Dating: If Relationship Proves Successful, They Would Continue as Couple - Reports
By Sonalee singh | July 11, 2014 5:23 PM EST
Nina Dobrev and Ian Somerhalder have been stuck in an on-and-off relationship cycle. However, it seems that the couple is finally giving their relationship a last shot.
Actress Nina Dobrev arrives at the 2014 People's Choice Awards in Los Angeles, California January 8, 2014.
"Nina and Ian have already gotten back together on a trial basis, but they've decided that it was a success and want to continue dating each other," a source told Celeb Dirty Laundry.
It was previously reported that Dobrev has got back with Ian due to her mother's intervention. Reportedly, since calling it quits with Ian, Nina has been linked to a slew of guys and her mother did not want that the actress' reputation to take the downward spiral.
Nina and Ian were in a solid relationship from Sept. 2011 to May 2013. However, they called it quits for unknown reasons and kept on working on "TVD" as professional co-stars. When the couple had broken up, Dobrev had mentioned in one her interviews that she still cares about him.
"If you're with someone for that long, there's obviously the qualities in them that you enjoy and that doesn't change just because you're not together anymore," Nina explained to E! "I have an enormous amount of respect and love for [Ian] and everyone. That doesn't change, it shouldn't. Otherwise, why were you with them?"
Both Ian and Nina's rep have not said anything about their rumoured reunion but if it has happened then the fans couldn't be happier. The couple's fans have taken to Twitter time-to-time suggesting they would be happiest if the couple gets back together.
Meanwhile, regarding his TVD's character Damon's relationship with Nina's character Elena, Ian gave fans a bit of a spoiler.
"It's far from over [for Elena and Stefan]," stated Somerhalder as reported by Sugar Scape.
Of course, Ian couldn't help but share cryptic statements not only about his character on TVD but his relationship with Dobrev off screen.
"When you have grown-up conversations, you have to put your big boy pants and big girl pants on. They keep taking their pants off, and that's what gets in the way of the grown-up conversations," stated Somerhalder.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- Rob Kardashian's Ex-Girlfriend Adrienne Bailon FInally Removes Cheating Reality Star's Name from Her Butt
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date