Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Trial Dating: If Relationship Proves Successful, They Would Continue as Couple - Reports
By Sonalee singh | July 11, 2014 5:23 PM EST
Nina Dobrev and Ian Somerhalder have been stuck in an on-and-off relationship cycle. However, it seems that the couple is finally giving their relationship a last shot.
Actress Nina Dobrev arrives at the 2014 People's Choice Awards in Los Angeles, California January 8, 2014.
"Nina and Ian have already gotten back together on a trial basis, but they've decided that it was a success and want to continue dating each other," a source told Celeb Dirty Laundry.
It was previously reported that Dobrev has got back with Ian due to her mother's intervention. Reportedly, since calling it quits with Ian, Nina has been linked to a slew of guys and her mother did not want that the actress' reputation to take the downward spiral.
Nina and Ian were in a solid relationship from Sept. 2011 to May 2013. However, they called it quits for unknown reasons and kept on working on "TVD" as professional co-stars. When the couple had broken up, Dobrev had mentioned in one her interviews that she still cares about him.
"If you're with someone for that long, there's obviously the qualities in them that you enjoy and that doesn't change just because you're not together anymore," Nina explained to E! "I have an enormous amount of respect and love for [Ian] and everyone. That doesn't change, it shouldn't. Otherwise, why were you with them?"
Both Ian and Nina's rep have not said anything about their rumoured reunion but if it has happened then the fans couldn't be happier. The couple's fans have taken to Twitter time-to-time suggesting they would be happiest if the couple gets back together.
Meanwhile, regarding his TVD's character Damon's relationship with Nina's character Elena, Ian gave fans a bit of a spoiler.
"It's far from over [for Elena and Stefan]," stated Somerhalder as reported by Sugar Scape.
Of course, Ian couldn't help but share cryptic statements not only about his character on TVD but his relationship with Dobrev off screen.
"When you have grown-up conversations, you have to put your big boy pants and big girl pants on. They keep taking their pants off, and that's what gets in the way of the grown-up conversations," stated Somerhalder.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports