Kate Middleton's Sleepless Nights with Prince William: Royal Baby George Kept the Couple Awake for First Few Months
By nidhi tewari | July 11, 2014 5:10 PM EST
Prince George looks all calm and well behaved when he is seen with his glamorous mother Kate Middleton on various public outings but the boy did not start out calm. The latest issue of Vanity Fair magazine has revealed that little George use to keep Kate and William awake all night when he came home for the first time after the hospital. His royal parents were without a nanny in first few weeks and they had a tough time tackling baby George all alone.
Britain's Prince William and his wife Catherine, the Duchess of Cambridge, arrive with their son Prince George at Sydney Airport April 16, 2014. Britain's Prince William, his wife Kate and their son Prince George flew from New Zealand to Australia, where they will now spend nine days touring the country. Reuters/Phil Noble
"Kate expressed relief that George behaved well during his first few public appearances. Nicholl reports that for the first few months the prince cried loudly and frequently, and he was not sleeping through the night," reports the magazine, citing sources close to the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.
Their ex-nanny Jessie Webb tried hard to get him into a routine the magazine reports but the little baby was "permanently hungry." Things changed when Kate introduced him to solids and he finally started sleeping through the night.
The magazine also reveals details about Prince George's latest nanny Spanish-born Maria Teresa Turrion Borallo who accompanied Prince George to Australia and New Zealand. The woman is trained in self defense and dealing with paparazzi, among other things and was recommended to them by one of their friends.
The little baby George, who will turn one year old on July 22, has earned a cover page for himself in the Vanity Fair magazine along with his royal parents Kate Middleton and Prince William. The gorgeous trio look completely at ease with each other in the main picture of the magazine which was taken during their April trip to an Australian zoo. Prince George looks content and happy as he lovingly looks in the eyes of his doting dad Prince William as his mother Kate looks on.
"Happy Birthday Prince George," writes the Vanity Fair magazine on their cover page along with the adorable picture of the royal family.
"Raising the world's most eligible infant. How the future king spent year one," the title further elaborates. The magazine further reveals that the royal couple wants to give their son a "normal upbringing" for which they often take him to play dates with children of same age. The magazine also reported that the royal couple "plan to try this summer" for a baby to give Prince George a sibling.
For more royal baby news, read the following article:
Prince George Lands on Vanity Fair Cover; Kate Middleton and Prince William to Try for Second Baby This Summer [PHOTOS]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June