Kate Middleton's Sleepless Nights with Prince William: Royal Baby George Kept the Couple Awake for First Few Months
By nidhi tewari | July 11, 2014 5:10 PM EST
Prince George looks all calm and well behaved when he is seen with his glamorous mother Kate Middleton on various public outings but the boy did not start out calm. The latest issue of Vanity Fair magazine has revealed that little George use to keep Kate and William awake all night when he came home for the first time after the hospital. His royal parents were without a nanny in first few weeks and they had a tough time tackling baby George all alone.
Britain's Prince William and his wife Catherine, the Duchess of Cambridge, arrive with their son Prince George at Sydney Airport April 16, 2014. Britain's Prince William, his wife Kate and their son Prince George flew from New Zealand to Australia, where they will now spend nine days touring the country. Reuters/Phil Noble
"Kate expressed relief that George behaved well during his first few public appearances. Nicholl reports that for the first few months the prince cried loudly and frequently, and he was not sleeping through the night," reports the magazine, citing sources close to the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.
Their ex-nanny Jessie Webb tried hard to get him into a routine the magazine reports but the little baby was "permanently hungry." Things changed when Kate introduced him to solids and he finally started sleeping through the night.
The magazine also reveals details about Prince George's latest nanny Spanish-born Maria Teresa Turrion Borallo who accompanied Prince George to Australia and New Zealand. The woman is trained in self defense and dealing with paparazzi, among other things and was recommended to them by one of their friends.
The little baby George, who will turn one year old on July 22, has earned a cover page for himself in the Vanity Fair magazine along with his royal parents Kate Middleton and Prince William. The gorgeous trio look completely at ease with each other in the main picture of the magazine which was taken during their April trip to an Australian zoo. Prince George looks content and happy as he lovingly looks in the eyes of his doting dad Prince William as his mother Kate looks on.
"Happy Birthday Prince George," writes the Vanity Fair magazine on their cover page along with the adorable picture of the royal family.
"Raising the world's most eligible infant. How the future king spent year one," the title further elaborates. The magazine further reveals that the royal couple wants to give their son a "normal upbringing" for which they often take him to play dates with children of same age. The magazine also reported that the royal couple "plan to try this summer" for a baby to give Prince George a sibling.
For more royal baby news, read the following article:
Prince George Lands on Vanity Fair Cover; Kate Middleton and Prince William to Try for Second Baby This Summer [PHOTOS]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jennifer Lawrence’s Nude Photos and Videos Leaked by 4Chan Hacker; Ariana Grande, Lea Michele, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Kate Upton’s Also Included
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Spoilers: Find Out Whether AshLee Frazier And Graham Bunn Last Till The End; Meet The New Arrivals Of Episode 6
- ‘The Leftovers’: Episode 10 On Hold, Renewed For Season 2, Season 1 Finale Synopsis And Preview [VIDEO]
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying