George Clooney Fights Back Against False Claims about Amal Alamuddin's Mom Opposing their Marriage
By Christine Jane Caparras | July 11, 2014 5:08 PM EST
Many speculations have been going around about the impending nuptials of perennial-bachelor-no-more George Clooney and his fiancée, British Lawyer Amal Alamuddin. While Hollywood stars are used to gossip surrounding their lives, Clooney has fought back against an article in the Daily Mail which caused the Web site to delete it after Clooney claimed that the false reports about Alamuddin's mother are potentially dangerous.
Director and actor George Clooney arrives at Omega's dinner party in Shanghai, May 16, 2014.
In the original article by the Daily Mail which appeared last Monday and has subsequently been deleted, claims were made that Amal Alamuddin's mother is against the union due to religious reasons. Clooney did not take this sitting down and released a statement via USA today refuting the claims.
"It says Amal's mother has been telling 'half of Beirut' that she's against the wedding. It says they joke about traditions in the Druze religion that end up with the death of the bride," repeated George, emphasizing parts of the report that he says are fabricated.
Clooney, a Hollywood A-lister is used to being all over the news and has certainly read many false claims about himself. This time however, with other people in his family involved, he took action and decided to speak up because of the potential danger involved.
"I seldom respond to tabloids, unless it involves someone else and their safety or well being," said Clooney in his statement.
"I'm, of course, used to the Daily Mail making up stories - they do it several times a week - and I don't care," Clooney continued, adding, "But this lie involves larger issues. The irresponsibility, in this day and age, to exploit religious differences where none exist, is at the very least negligent and more appropriately dangerous."
In Clooney's statement, he also refuted claims that his bride is already pregnant.
Meanwhile, as this was all happening, Amal's mom, Baria Alamuddin has been spotted with George's own mom shopping like BFF's near Lake Como in Italy where Clooney owns a Villa. Photos of the soon to be in-laws were posted on E! Online.
Reports have come out that the wedding will be taking place in the area and the ceremony is slated for Sept. this year.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Top 5 Revelations Of Season 8
- 'NCIS' Season 12 Spoilers: Ziva David Out, Tony's New Love Could be Stephanie Jacobsen's Leia; Troian Bellisario Teases 'Reunion' Photo
- ‘Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice’ Comic-Con Teaser Trailer In Animation [Watch Video]
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 21, 2014: A Party For Hope And Wyatt Affects Liam’s Pride In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 1 Teaser Video: ‘What’s Coming Next’
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE Android 4.4.2, Android 4.4.4Guide: Installation and When to Hit Your Region
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch