Viral Video Celebrity Impressions: Rob Cantor Shares YouTube Video that Reveals Voice-Over Artists Backing Him Up in Song Titled Perfect [WATCH]
By Jenalyn Villamarin | July 11, 2014 4:43 PM EST
Singer Rob Cantor initially shared on YouTube last Tuesday, July 1, the video titled "29 Celebrity Impressions, 1 Original Song" that went viral with over 7 million views and the viewers stunned with his performance. However, Rob Cantor released on Wednesday night, July 9, the making of the viral video where it was revealed that voice-over artists helped him in his song titled "Perfect."
In Rob Cantor's viral video on 29 Celebrity Impressions, some viewers commented that the singer's voice was spot-on as he impersonated different famous Hollywood celebrities and musicians such as Adam Sandler, Christopher Lloyd, Gwen Stefani, Shakira, Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, Jack Black and Frank Sinatra. Meanwhile, the other viewers were dubious on how Rob Cantor did it especially with the female voices.
It turns out Rob Cantor had help from a group of voice-over artists in doing the celebrity impressions for his song. The singer's description in "The Making of '29 Celebrity Impressions, 1 Original Song'" video revealed that the video was created with 11 impressionists and one trumpet player.
"I hope it was fun to watch, and that you enjoyed my song 'Perfect'," Cantor further added in the description before listing the names of the voice-over impressionists and the celebrities they impersonated. After "The Making" video was released, the credits on the original viral video have been updated as well.
Stephen Peltzer of the Westchester Productions, a rep for Rob Cantor, shared the latest video through an email to Today and claimed that it was made in good fun. "Basically, like Jimmy Kimmel and the Twerking Girl on Fire video, the whole thing was a carefully orchestrated effort. Rob really wants to share this 'Making Of' video to give proper credit to all the amazing impressionists and musicians who leant (sic) their voices and talents," Peltzer wrote in the email sent.
Meanwhile, the Daily Beast report noted down that Rob Cantor and the celebrity impressionists are not really the true stars of the original video but the credit goes to sound designer Lindsey Alvarez. In the viral video, Alvarez made everything look and sound natural as Rob Cantor lip-synced to the performances of the celebrity impressionists.
More Articles to Read:
Viral Video Hyundai's The Empty Car Convoy: Hyundai Demonstrates Safety Features on 2015 Hyundai Genesis Midsize Sedan [WATCH] - [READ]
Train Racist: Aussie Woman Attacks Others Passengers on the Train in Sydney, Charges Filed for Offensive Behaviour - [READ]
UFO Sightings: Witnesses Report Triangle and Square-Shaped Objects in Gainesville and Austin, Texas - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Meeks Death Hoax: Handsome Felon's Fake Death after Release from Jail Goes Viral
- Happy Birthday Prince George: 5 Things to Know About Kate Middleton and Prince William’s Son
- Prince George’s Birthday Celebrations: Prince Charles and Duchess Camilla to Remain Absent from Grandson's First Birthday Party Plus Other Details- Report
- Tony Abbott Launches #BringThemHome Operation for MH17 Victims; Black Avatars Trending on Social Media
- 'Dronies' to Become Latest Trend as Tourism New Zealand Buys Drone to Record Tourists' Videos
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More