Beyonce and Jay Z's September On The Run Paris Concert to Be Televised by HBO
By nidhi tewari | July 11, 2014 4:40 PM EST
Missed a chance to see Beyonce and Jay Z live in concert? Worry not, as HBO is planning to air a special documentary on the couple's latest joint tour "On The Run." The viewers will be delighted to see the musical couple perform on several of their hit songs, the television network revealed. The show will air the live performances of Queen Bey and Jay Z's upcoming Paris concert in September.
Beyonce poses backstage after performing at the 56th annual Grammy Awards in Los Angeles.
Jay Z and Beyonce are expected to perform on more than 40 of their songs at Stade de France in Paris on September 12 and 13. HBO will cover it and bring it for their television audience. "This is a major musical event that belongs on HBO," said program Chief Michael Lombardo in a statement.
Lombardo further called the upcoming Bey and Jay Z concert as a "night to remember" and expressed his excitement for the same. Beyonce and Jay Z's association with HBO go a long way back. Jay Z debuted "Picasso Baby: A Performance Art Film" on HBO back in August 2013 while Beyonce has been featured in several documentaries for the channel.
Currently, HBO is airing segments of Beyonce's "Mrs. Carter World Tour" concert dubbed "Beyonce: X10" every Sunday starting June 29. The HBO series consists of 10-episode that showcase Queen Bey's weekly concert performances, each four-minutes long, from her one year long world tour.
HBO has also witnessed great response from viewers when it aired Beyonce's previous documentary "Life Is but a Dream" in 2013. According to the television channel, the Beyonce documentary was the most viewed music special on the channel since 2003. Beyonce-directed "Life Is but a Dream" drew 1.8 million viewers on its premier night and witnessed a total of 8.9 million viewers, time.com reports.
"On The Run" is the first ever joint tour for Beyonce and Jay Z. The husband and wife duo has earlier performed various solo shows which have been a huge hit but it is for the first time that the two are entertaining the audience as a couple. HBO has not yet revealed the exact dates when their Paris concert will be aired on television. Beyonce and Jay Z's "On The Run" tour kicked off June 26 in Miami.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation