Beyonce and Jay Z's September On The Run Paris Concert to Be Televised by HBO
By nidhi tewari | July 11, 2014 4:40 PM EST
Missed a chance to see Beyonce and Jay Z live in concert? Worry not, as HBO is planning to air a special documentary on the couple's latest joint tour "On The Run." The viewers will be delighted to see the musical couple perform on several of their hit songs, the television network revealed. The show will air the live performances of Queen Bey and Jay Z's upcoming Paris concert in September.
Beyonce poses backstage after performing at the 56th annual Grammy Awards in Los Angeles.
Jay Z and Beyonce are expected to perform on more than 40 of their songs at Stade de France in Paris on September 12 and 13. HBO will cover it and bring it for their television audience. "This is a major musical event that belongs on HBO," said program Chief Michael Lombardo in a statement.
Lombardo further called the upcoming Bey and Jay Z concert as a "night to remember" and expressed his excitement for the same. Beyonce and Jay Z's association with HBO go a long way back. Jay Z debuted "Picasso Baby: A Performance Art Film" on HBO back in August 2013 while Beyonce has been featured in several documentaries for the channel.
Currently, HBO is airing segments of Beyonce's "Mrs. Carter World Tour" concert dubbed "Beyonce: X10" every Sunday starting June 29. The HBO series consists of 10-episode that showcase Queen Bey's weekly concert performances, each four-minutes long, from her one year long world tour.
HBO has also witnessed great response from viewers when it aired Beyonce's previous documentary "Life Is but a Dream" in 2013. According to the television channel, the Beyonce documentary was the most viewed music special on the channel since 2003. Beyonce-directed "Life Is but a Dream" drew 1.8 million viewers on its premier night and witnessed a total of 8.9 million viewers, time.com reports.
"On The Run" is the first ever joint tour for Beyonce and Jay Z. The husband and wife duo has earlier performed various solo shows which have been a huge hit but it is for the first time that the two are entertaining the audience as a couple. HBO has not yet revealed the exact dates when their Paris concert will be aired on television. Beyonce and Jay Z's "On The Run" tour kicked off June 26 in Miami.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Shocking Inside Stories Of Prince Charles and Princess Diana Revealed By Former Press Officer
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- Another Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Naked Pics Of Liam Payne And Kim Kardashian Uploaded Online
- Madonna Posts Video Of Son Hailed As Possibly The Next Dancing Prodigy
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues