Beyonce and Jay Z's September On The Run Paris Concert to Be Televised by HBO
By nidhi tewari | July 11, 2014 4:40 PM EST
Missed a chance to see Beyonce and Jay Z live in concert? Worry not, as HBO is planning to air a special documentary on the couple's latest joint tour "On The Run." The viewers will be delighted to see the musical couple perform on several of their hit songs, the television network revealed. The show will air the live performances of Queen Bey and Jay Z's upcoming Paris concert in September.
Beyonce poses backstage after performing at the 56th annual Grammy Awards in Los Angeles.
Jay Z and Beyonce are expected to perform on more than 40 of their songs at Stade de France in Paris on September 12 and 13. HBO will cover it and bring it for their television audience. "This is a major musical event that belongs on HBO," said program Chief Michael Lombardo in a statement.
Lombardo further called the upcoming Bey and Jay Z concert as a "night to remember" and expressed his excitement for the same. Beyonce and Jay Z's association with HBO go a long way back. Jay Z debuted "Picasso Baby: A Performance Art Film" on HBO back in August 2013 while Beyonce has been featured in several documentaries for the channel.
Currently, HBO is airing segments of Beyonce's "Mrs. Carter World Tour" concert dubbed "Beyonce: X10" every Sunday starting June 29. The HBO series consists of 10-episode that showcase Queen Bey's weekly concert performances, each four-minutes long, from her one year long world tour.
HBO has also witnessed great response from viewers when it aired Beyonce's previous documentary "Life Is but a Dream" in 2013. According to the television channel, the Beyonce documentary was the most viewed music special on the channel since 2003. Beyonce-directed "Life Is but a Dream" drew 1.8 million viewers on its premier night and witnessed a total of 8.9 million viewers, time.com reports.
"On The Run" is the first ever joint tour for Beyonce and Jay Z. The husband and wife duo has earlier performed various solo shows which have been a huge hit but it is for the first time that the two are entertaining the audience as a couple. HBO has not yet revealed the exact dates when their Paris concert will be aired on television. Beyonce and Jay Z's "On The Run" tour kicked off June 26 in Miami.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Hilarious Reactions For Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Secret Wedding: George Clooney, Jennifer Aniston, Billy Bob Thornton
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Episode 6 Spoilers: Next Week Tests Relationships And Sees A Shocking Exit
- Mila Kunis-Ashton Kutcher Baby; Actor ‘Not Letting Mila Out Of His Sight’
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Exclusive New Trailer, Charlie Hunnam Is Guy Ritchie’s Choice For King Arthur [VIDEO]
- ‘Castle’ Update: Watch Stana Katic, Jon, Seamus Take Bucket Challenge At Season 7 Set, Nathan Fillion Missing [VIDEOS]
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko