Star Wars: Rebels – New Villain Imperial Enforcer to Take on the Rebels
By Sachin Trivedi | July 11, 2014 4:32 PM EST
The producers of the upcoming animation TV series "Star Wars: Rebels" revealed a new villain. Agent Kallus is an Imperial Enforcer tasked with nipping any rebellion in the bud. The main theme of the new series is about the origins of a rebel alliance to take on the Empire.
People dressed as "Star Wars" characters Boba Fett (L) and a Stormtrooper pose at the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo, known as E3, in Los Angeles, California June 11, 2014. REUTERS/Jonathan Alcorn
According to Dave Filoni, the executive producer of "Star Wars: Rebels," Agent Kallus is an ISB agent. ISB stands for the Imperial Security Bureau. The agency is described to be similar to the FBI (Federal Bureau of Investigation) in the U.S and it's also a little like the military police.
The basic duty of Agent Kallus, described by David Oyelowo, is to ensure that everyone stays loyal to the Empire. David is the voice behind the Agent Kallus character. He described the character as a "bad guy" in "Star Wars: Rebels."
Carrie Beck, the director of creative content strategy, had a few words of praise for David Oyelowo. "David brings a voice that is very authoritative and very commanding and very cool" she said. The character is described as an ambitious officer who wants to achieve something greater.
Fans will find Agen Kallus leading his troops to hunt down members of a small group banding together to form a rebellion. The rebellion consists of a muscular alien called Zeb Orrelios, a pilot called Ezra Bridger, a female Twi'lek called Hera Syndulla, a Jedi knight called Kanan Jarrus and an astromech droid called Chopper.
The blaster used by Agent Kallus is a modified staff used by Zeb Orrelios. The blaster is not a standard issue of the Imperial forces. The producers feel that the audience may be surprised to see an Imperial officer posing so much of a physical challenge to the heroes in "Star Wars: Rebels." So far fans of the franchise have seen Imperial officers command starships and bombard the enemy from afar.
There are two main villains in "Star Wars: Rebels." The villains are Agent Kallus and the Inquisitor. The role of the Inquisitor is played by Jason Isaacs. The TV show is expected to be released in Oct 2014. No official release date has been announced so far.
More Articles to Read
Transformers 5 Plot Speculation: Optimus Prime in Search of the Creators [Read]
Dr. Strange to Start Filming in Fall - Everything You Need to Know About the Character [Read]
Ghostbusters 3: Dan Aykroyd Suggests Money Problems Stalling the Movie [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- 'Vampire Diaries' Season 6 Spoilers: Stefan Proposes To 'Elena Williams' In Promo Trailer For Episode 4 Titled 'Black Hole Sun' [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’: Blake And Louise Tell The True Story
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Oct. 20-24 Spoilers: An ‘Unexpected Visitor’ Changes Everything For Sami Plus Updates On Salemites
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- iPhone 6 vs Nexus 6 vs Galaxy Note 4: Performance and User Interface Comparison
- Fappening: Message Board Posters Belittle Nude Photo Leakers As D-Listers Seeking Publicity
- U.S. Missile Shield In Europe Opens In Romania: Russia's Reservations Ignored