Kate Upton ‘Contented’ With Her Curves
By Rachelle Corpuz | July 11, 2014 4:21 PM EST
Girls should never have to lose a lot of weight, have a makeover, or even have to bargain an entire new wardrobe to feel better about themselves, Kate Upton shares an inspiring message for those girls who do not feel good about their bodies. The Sports Illustrated Swimsuit model revealed in a recent interview that the key is to feel contented and confident with one's body.
Kate Upton arrives for the 50 Years of Beautiful broadcast special show in Los Angeles [Reuters/David McNew]
Upton, who is in a relationship with Detroit Tigers' pitcher Justin Verlander, chatted with Huffington Post and she has shared simple ways to boost a girl's self-confidence. According to the 22-year-old blonde bombshell who was often criticised because of her figure, she never really compared her body to other people's bodies. She thinks that the reason why people feel insecure about their bodies is because they tend to make a comparison with someone else's body. "I never really compared myself to other people, and I think that's maybe where insecurities are drawn from, comparing your body to other people's bodies."
In 2012, pro anorexia Web site Skinny Gossip condemned Upton's body as "lardy and lazy."
Upton has only one advice for girls to get over their insecurities about their bodies. "Instead of looking at someone and envying part of their body or their face, look at how they hold themselves," said Upton. "Appreciate their confidence," she further uttered.
In an old tweet, Upton said there were times when she felt insecure about her body but it doesn't mean that she doesn't love the kind of body that she has. She said she loves her body and would never change a thing.
Upton is one of the most successful models of the current generation. Aside from modelling, she has also tried her hand at acting. She recently starred alongside Cameron Diaz and Leslie Mann in the romantic comedy flick "The Other Woman." She was on the cover of British Vogue's June issue. Just recently, Upton was named as the new brand ambassador of clothing line Express.
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Amir Khan Says Algieri Doesn’t Have What It Takes To Beat Pacquiao; Khan Reportedly A Top Contender For Mayweather Jr.’s Next Fight Says Mayweather Sr
- WWE Night of Champions Live Streaming Info, Preview and Predictions
- Boxing News 2014: Nevada Commission Summons Mayweather Over Reports Of Marijuana Use In Mansion & No Rest Breaks In Gym
- NFL Week 3: Washington Redskins Vs. Philadelphia Eagles Live Streaming Information And Preview
- Khloe Kardashian Reportedly Having A Hard Time Deciding Whether Or Not To Patch Things Up With Lamar Odom
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert
- China Is Also Seizing Disputed Land Along Indian Border