Kate Upton ‘Contented’ With Her Curves
By Rachelle Corpuz | July 11, 2014 4:21 PM EST
Girls should never have to lose a lot of weight, have a makeover, or even have to bargain an entire new wardrobe to feel better about themselves, Kate Upton shares an inspiring message for those girls who do not feel good about their bodies. The Sports Illustrated Swimsuit model revealed in a recent interview that the key is to feel contented and confident with one's body.
Kate Upton arrives for the 50 Years of Beautiful broadcast special show in Los Angeles [Reuters/David McNew]
Upton, who is in a relationship with Detroit Tigers' pitcher Justin Verlander, chatted with Huffington Post and she has shared simple ways to boost a girl's self-confidence. According to the 22-year-old blonde bombshell who was often criticised because of her figure, she never really compared her body to other people's bodies. She thinks that the reason why people feel insecure about their bodies is because they tend to make a comparison with someone else's body. "I never really compared myself to other people, and I think that's maybe where insecurities are drawn from, comparing your body to other people's bodies."
In 2012, pro anorexia Web site Skinny Gossip condemned Upton's body as "lardy and lazy."
Upton has only one advice for girls to get over their insecurities about their bodies. "Instead of looking at someone and envying part of their body or their face, look at how they hold themselves," said Upton. "Appreciate their confidence," she further uttered.
In an old tweet, Upton said there were times when she felt insecure about her body but it doesn't mean that she doesn't love the kind of body that she has. She said she loves her body and would never change a thing.
Upton is one of the most successful models of the current generation. Aside from modelling, she has also tried her hand at acting. She recently starred alongside Cameron Diaz and Leslie Mann in the romantic comedy flick "The Other Woman." She was on the cover of British Vogue's June issue. Just recently, Upton was named as the new brand ambassador of clothing line Express.
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS