Kate Upton ‘Contented’ With Her Curves
By Rachelle Corpuz | July 11, 2014 4:21 PM EST
Girls should never have to lose a lot of weight, have a makeover, or even have to bargain an entire new wardrobe to feel better about themselves, Kate Upton shares an inspiring message for those girls who do not feel good about their bodies. The Sports Illustrated Swimsuit model revealed in a recent interview that the key is to feel contented and confident with one's body.
Kate Upton arrives for the 50 Years of Beautiful broadcast special show in Los Angeles [Reuters/David McNew]
Upton, who is in a relationship with Detroit Tigers' pitcher Justin Verlander, chatted with Huffington Post and she has shared simple ways to boost a girl's self-confidence. According to the 22-year-old blonde bombshell who was often criticised because of her figure, she never really compared her body to other people's bodies. She thinks that the reason why people feel insecure about their bodies is because they tend to make a comparison with someone else's body. "I never really compared myself to other people, and I think that's maybe where insecurities are drawn from, comparing your body to other people's bodies."
In 2012, pro anorexia Web site Skinny Gossip condemned Upton's body as "lardy and lazy."
Upton has only one advice for girls to get over their insecurities about their bodies. "Instead of looking at someone and envying part of their body or their face, look at how they hold themselves," said Upton. "Appreciate their confidence," she further uttered.
In an old tweet, Upton said there were times when she felt insecure about her body but it doesn't mean that she doesn't love the kind of body that she has. She said she loves her body and would never change a thing.
Upton is one of the most successful models of the current generation. Aside from modelling, she has also tried her hand at acting. She recently starred alongside Cameron Diaz and Leslie Mann in the romantic comedy flick "The Other Woman." She was on the cover of British Vogue's June issue. Just recently, Upton was named as the new brand ambassador of clothing line Express.
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- Taylor Swift's Famous Ex-Boyfriends: From Harry Styles To Joe Jonas [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Wants To Talk To Manny Pacquiao About Super Fight If Filipino Beats Chris Algieri
- Tony Stewart Reveals Retirement Not In Options, Reflects On His Life After the Fatal Crash
- WWE Update: Bray Wyatt’s Twitter Post Hints Upcoming Fight With Sting [VIDEO]
- Manchester United News: Angel Di Maria’s Exit And Hummels’ Future Move
- Rafael Nadal Gives Li Na Flowers, A Teary Farewell At Beijing China Open
- 3 Signs Nexus 6, 8 Release Date Nears: Leaked Pics, KitKat Factory Image & Android L Details Emerge
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. OnePlus One: With Invitation-Only Model Rested, OnePlus One Can Be A Real Threat To iPhone 6
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Available Through O2 For £380, Other Carriers To Follow Soon
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- ISIS Receives Food, Ammunition Due To Mistake Of Iraqi Pilots
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money