Kate Upton ‘Contented’ With Her Curves
By Rachelle Corpuz | July 11, 2014 4:21 PM EST
Girls should never have to lose a lot of weight, have a makeover, or even have to bargain an entire new wardrobe to feel better about themselves, Kate Upton shares an inspiring message for those girls who do not feel good about their bodies. The Sports Illustrated Swimsuit model revealed in a recent interview that the key is to feel contented and confident with one's body.
Kate Upton arrives for the 50 Years of Beautiful broadcast special show in Los Angeles [Reuters/David McNew]
Upton, who is in a relationship with Detroit Tigers' pitcher Justin Verlander, chatted with Huffington Post and she has shared simple ways to boost a girl's self-confidence. According to the 22-year-old blonde bombshell who was often criticised because of her figure, she never really compared her body to other people's bodies. She thinks that the reason why people feel insecure about their bodies is because they tend to make a comparison with someone else's body. "I never really compared myself to other people, and I think that's maybe where insecurities are drawn from, comparing your body to other people's bodies."
In 2012, pro anorexia Web site Skinny Gossip condemned Upton's body as "lardy and lazy."
Upton has only one advice for girls to get over their insecurities about their bodies. "Instead of looking at someone and envying part of their body or their face, look at how they hold themselves," said Upton. "Appreciate their confidence," she further uttered.
In an old tweet, Upton said there were times when she felt insecure about her body but it doesn't mean that she doesn't love the kind of body that she has. She said she loves her body and would never change a thing.
Upton is one of the most successful models of the current generation. Aside from modelling, she has also tried her hand at acting. She recently starred alongside Cameron Diaz and Leslie Mann in the romantic comedy flick "The Other Woman." She was on the cover of British Vogue's June issue. Just recently, Upton was named as the new brand ambassador of clothing line Express.
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Fernando Alonso Leaves Ferrari 'For Two Reasons'
- Roger Federer Says He Has Never Seen Rafael Nadal Play So Bad, Wishes That The Spaniard Recuperate Well From Appendicitis
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Nick Kyrgios Holds Twitter Q&A, Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time And His Favourite Superhero
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight