Kate Upton ‘Contented’ With Her Curves
By Rachelle Corpuz | July 11, 2014 4:21 PM EST
Girls should never have to lose a lot of weight, have a makeover, or even have to bargain an entire new wardrobe to feel better about themselves, Kate Upton shares an inspiring message for those girls who do not feel good about their bodies. The Sports Illustrated Swimsuit model revealed in a recent interview that the key is to feel contented and confident with one's body.
Kate Upton arrives for the 50 Years of Beautiful broadcast special show in Los Angeles [Reuters/David McNew]
Upton, who is in a relationship with Detroit Tigers' pitcher Justin Verlander, chatted with Huffington Post and she has shared simple ways to boost a girl's self-confidence. According to the 22-year-old blonde bombshell who was often criticised because of her figure, she never really compared her body to other people's bodies. She thinks that the reason why people feel insecure about their bodies is because they tend to make a comparison with someone else's body. "I never really compared myself to other people, and I think that's maybe where insecurities are drawn from, comparing your body to other people's bodies."
In 2012, pro anorexia Web site Skinny Gossip condemned Upton's body as "lardy and lazy."
Upton has only one advice for girls to get over their insecurities about their bodies. "Instead of looking at someone and envying part of their body or their face, look at how they hold themselves," said Upton. "Appreciate their confidence," she further uttered.
In an old tweet, Upton said there were times when she felt insecure about her body but it doesn't mean that she doesn't love the kind of body that she has. She said she loves her body and would never change a thing.
Upton is one of the most successful models of the current generation. Aside from modelling, she has also tried her hand at acting. She recently starred alongside Cameron Diaz and Leslie Mann in the romantic comedy flick "The Other Woman." She was on the cover of British Vogue's June issue. Just recently, Upton was named as the new brand ambassador of clothing line Express.
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tasks Engineers to Create the Perfect Tennis Racquet [VIDEO]
- LeBron James and Cleveland Cavaliers the Team to Beat in the East – Paul George
- Roger Federer Forced to Take Down Children's Play Area on his Property in Valbella
- Chelsea FC Transfer News: Renewed Hope for Blues, as Paul Pogba's Agent Revealed that 'Anything is Possible'
- UFC 183: Anderson Silva vs. Nick Diaz Receives Mixed Reactions on Twitter
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- HTC One M8 Windows Phone to Launch for Verizon; Release Date, Price, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate for New Smartphone
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools
- Galaxy Note 4 Release Date Ahead of iPhone 6 Sept 2014 Debut; Specced-Up but Remains Plastic-Wrapped – Reports