HTC One (M8) vs. Nokia Lumia 930 – Specifications, Features, and Price Showdown
By Pavithra Rathinavel | July 11, 2014 4:08 PM EST
The 2014 flagship HTC One (M8) was released in March, whereas the Nokia Lumia 930 has recently been released in July 2014. Both the phones pack high-end features, and terrific hardware/software performances. Readers who are interested in the HTC One (M8) or the latest Nokia Lumia 930 should check out this specification and price comparison.
Display, Exterior and Size
Surprisingly, both the handsets feature the same 5.0-inches display with 1,080 x 1,920 pixels screen resolution. In addition, the pixel densities of both the devices stand at 441 ppi. The difference comes in the form of the display technology used by both the companies. While the HTC One M8 uses IPS LCD technology, the Nokia handset comes with AMOLED screen.
When it comes to the exterior, Nokia Lumia 930 stands out with bright and vivid colours that Nokia handsets are known for. Also, the back panel of the handset is made of polycarbonate material that bends around to touch the front side of the phone. The HTC One M8, on the other hand, boasts bold, brushed metal design with a wrap-around unibody frame curved to fit the hand comfortably.
The thickness and the weight of Lumia 930 are 0.39-inches and 167 g respectively. Whereas the HTC One M8 is 0.37-inches thick and it weighs 160 g.
Hardware, Software and Memory
The Lumia 930 is powered by a quad-core (Qualcomm Snapdragon 800) Krait 400 processor, clocked at 2.2 GHz. The One M8, on the other hand, is powered a quad-core (Qualcomm Snapdragon 801) Krait 400 processor, clocked at 2.3 GHz. Moreover, both the handsets house the same 2 GB of RAM.
While Nokia Lumia 930 runs on the latest Windows Phone 8.1 OS, the One M8 runs on Android v4.4.2 KitKat OS with HTC's Sense 6.0 UI. Also, the Nokia device comes equipped with 32 GB of internal storage, whereas the HTC handset comes with 16 GB and 32 GB of memory. While the One M8 supports microSD card for expansion up to 128 GB, the Nokia handset doesn't.
Camera and Battery
The HTC One M8 sports a unique 4 UltraPixels rear-facing camera with dual LED flash and a solid 5 MP front-facing camera unit. Interestingly, the main camera unit has a total of 2 lenses (Duo Camera). The Lumia 930, meanwhile, comes with a whopping 20 MP PureView primary camera with dual LED flash and a 1.2 MP secondary camera unit.
While the Lumia 930 houses a non-removable 2420 mAh battery unit, the One M8 houses a slightly better, non-removable 2600 mAh battery unit.
HTC One M8
1. Both the phones do not feature dust/water proof exteriors, unlike the Galaxy S5 and Xperia Z2.
2. Also, both the devices support NFC, and the other standard connectivity features.
3. In addition, both the phones house nano-sim.
4. However, the Lumia handset comes with a built-in wireless charging capability, while the HTC handset doesn't.
5. The HTC One M8 comes in gray, red, silver and gold shades, whereas the Nokia Lumia 930 comes in bright orange, bright green, white, and black colours.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- Obama’s Bid To Blame Intelligence Chief For Inaction On ISIS Backfires: McCain Asks Obama To Admit Own Mistakes