The Originals Receives 2014 Emmy Awards Nomination, Executive Producer Julie Plec Congratulates CW Spinoff Series' Hair Department on Twitter
By Jenalyn Villamarin | July 11, 2014 3:37 PM EST
The CW spinoff series "The Originals" recently received a nod of approval from the 2014 Emmy Awards. The nomination that the TV show got is not for British actor Joseph Morgan's performance as Original hybrid Klaus Mikaelson or the impressive visual effects but for the Outstanding Hairstyling for a Multi-Camera Series or Special.
The CW Network further confirmed the news on their official Tumblr site. "Congratulations to The Originals and The 100 on their 2014 Emmy Nominations!" the network's posted message read.
According to the Alloy Entertainment report, "The Originals" received the Emmy nomination for the hair department's work on Season 1, Episode 12 titled "Dance Back from the Grave." Fans can recall that the episode is filled with different fashion and hairstyles of the characters like Klaus, Elijah (Daniel Gillies), Rebekah (Claire Holt) and Marcel (Charles Michael Davis) in the flashback scenes to 1919 to reveal the story behind the resurrected witch Papa Tunde (Owiso Odera).
Colleen Labaff, the Department Head Hairstylist, and Kimberly Spiteri, the Co-Department Head Hairstylist, got nominated for their hard work on "The Originals." The two members of the hair department will be competing against the hair stylists of other TV shows such as "Downton Abbey," "Games of Thrones," "Mad Men" and "Boardwalk Empire."
The news on the Emmy nomination reached executive producer Julie Plec. She expressed her happiness and congratulatory message to the nominees on Twitter.
The executive producer also joked about the Emmy nomination snub on "The Vampire Diaries" as a curse but she sounded really pleased that the work they have done in one of their supernatural TV series is finally getting noticed. "Well hot damn! Someone's magnificent little hair department broke the CW's Emmy nomination curse. Congrats Colleen and Kim! #TheOriginals," Plec posted on her Twitter account @julieplec on Thursday, July 10.
The winners of the 66th Primetime Emmy Awards will be announced on Aug 25, 2014 at 5 pm PDT. The ceremony will be held at the Nokia Theatre L.A. LIVE in Los Angeles and the prestigious awards show will air on NBC 8ET/5PT.
As for "The Originals," filming is currently underway for Season 2. The premiere episode of the brand new season is scheduled to air on Monday night, Oct 6, at 8 pm ET/PT on the CW Network.
Well hot damn! Someone's magnificent little hair department broke the CW's Emmy nomination curse. Congrats Colleen and Kim! #TheOriginals
— julieplec (@julieplec) July 10, 2014
More Articles to Read:
The Originals Season 2 Spoilers: Aussie Actress Phoebe Tonkin Talks about Hayley-Elijah Relationship, Filming Fight Scene in Dark New Season Underway - [READ]
The Originals Cast Members Joseph Morgan, Daniel Gillies and Charles Michael Davis Tease About Season 2 Events [WATCH VIDEO] - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jennifer Lawrence’s Nude Photos and Videos Leaked by 4Chan Hacker; Ariana Grande, Lea Michele, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Kate Upton’s Also Included
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘The Leftovers’: Episode 10 On Hold, Renewed For Season 2, Season 1 Finale Synopsis And Preview [VIDEO]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen