With Logo Cut Out, Apple iPhone 6 on Release Date Might Come with NFC and Wireless Charging Support [Watch Fresh Video]
By Pavithra Rathinavel | July 11, 2014 3:33 PM EST
With Apple iPhone 6 release date set for September, the leaks pertaining to the 4.7-inches and the 5.5-inches iPhone 6 are getting better and stronger with believable details emerging out time and again. A couple of freshly leaked reports and crystal-clear photos/videos have surfaced bolstering the following information:
Apple CEO Tim Cook delivers his keynote address at the World Wide developers conference in San Francisco, California June 2, 2014.
1. Apple logo is cut out of iPhone 6 rear shell
2. Possibility of NFC and wireless charging
3. Sapphire crystal display usage
4. Photos of rear shell providing clean-cut view
5. New design shows iPhone 6 in "dark gray" instead of the typical "space gray" used by Apple.
A Russian company that sells altered luxury models of Apple iPhones named Feld & Volk claims that it has been working with the same supplier unit that makes "spare parts" for Apple devices for many years. Also, this company has been using sapphire crystal display on its altered versions of iPhones for years. Apparently, the suppliers of sapphire crystal material are the same for both Apple and Feld & Volk, points out MacRumors.
Also, the leaked video/photo from the same Moscow-based company shows quality images with details of the internal parts of the rear shell. Interested readers can scroll down to check out the video.
Earlier leaks suggested that Apple logo will be cut out of the rear shell. Strengthening the report, MacRumors thinks that the company might opt for a non-metal or durable logo instead. Other rumours also say that there is a possibility of a "lighted" logo in the upcoming iPhone 6. Whatever the logo type might be, Feld & Volk believes that Apple iPhone 6 could support NFC (Near Field Communication) and/or wireless charging.
Furthermore, another set of leaked photos picked up by the same site point to a rear shell that is similar to Feld & Volk's. The difference comes in the form of gray scale; the freshly leaked pictures show a darker gray shade than the usual space gray shade seen in Apple devices.
Interested readers can check out the slew of crystal clear images from MacRumors.
Also, here is the video from Feld & Volk:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top 9 TV Deals Starting From $99 To $899