New Sony Xperia M2 Aqua With Likely Water Resistant Exterior Spotted in FCC Database
By Pavithra Rathinavel | July 11, 2014 3:28 PM EST
The Japanese multinational conglomerate Sony introduced the original Xperia M2 in the first quarter of 2014 and was released in May. But now, the Xperia M2 is reportedly getting the much-required face-lift of water-proof exterior with the upcoming Xperia M2 Aqua.
A receptionist speaks on a phone under a Sony Corp logo at the company's headquarters in Tokyo, in this file picture taken February 6, 2014. Sponsors Adidas, Sony, Visa and Coca-Cola on June 8, 2014 called on soccer's rulers to deal thoroughly with allegations of bribery to secure the 2022 World Cup for Qatar, an issue overshadowing this week's kickoff in Brazil.
New Leak on iPhone 6 SIM Card Tray Indicates Space Gray, Gold, and Silver Colors Alongside Internal Components- Reports
Apple iPhone 5 Refurbished Models on Discount at eBay; Save $200 to $350 on 16GB, 32GB and 64GB Models
With another set of research and analysis, the same site unearthed an XML file on Sony's official Web portal SonyMobile.com that revealed the product names of the handsets relating to the aforementioned model numbers. It turns out that, the numbers belong to the unannounced handset Sony Xperia M2 Aqua.
Apparently, PM-0770 and PM-0771 are the two versions of the upcoming Xperia M2 Aqua. If reports were true, the M2 Aqua could be the water proof variant of the original Xperia M2. As guessed already, the original Xperia M2 does not come with this feature; however, the handset does sport a scratch-resistant glass.
As far as the connectivity goes, both the variants will support Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi a/b/g/n, ANT+, and GPS. In addition, the Xperia M2 Aqua handset will support NFC.
Moreover, Phone Arena says the LTE Bands pertaining to both the variants are not identical. The model number PM-0770 supports LTE bands 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, and 20, whereas the PM-0771 banks on bands 2, 4, 7, and 17. However, there is no listing of the specifications in the FCC document. Hence the Xperia M2 Aqua cannot be very different from the original Xperia M2.
Here is a list of the original Sony Xperia M2's specifications:
- 4.8-inches TFT display with 540 x 960 pixels resolution and 229 ppi pixel density
- Thickness: 0.34-inches, Weight: 148 g
- Android OS,v4.3 Jelly Bean (upgradable to higher versions)
- Quad-core (Qualcomm Snapdragon 400) Cortex-A7 processor clocked at 1.2 GHz
- 1 GB of RAM
- 8 GB of internal storage
- microSD card support with expansion limit of 32 GB
- 8 MP rear-facing camera with LED flash and a VGA shooter in the front
- Non-removable Li-Ion 2300 mAh battery (14 hours talk-time, 633 hours stand-by time)
- NFC support
- Comes in Sony's standard black, white, purple colours
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top 9 TV Deals Starting From $99 To $899