Eating an Apple a Day improves Healthy Women's Sex lives: Latest Study Reveals
By Indrani Bhattacharyya | July 11, 2014 3:28 PM EST
Women who consume one to two forbidden fruits a day experience a better sexual life than women who are featured in "no regular apple consumption," group, according to a new study that appeared in the journal Archives of Gynecology and Obstetrics.
Orchard Manager Gilles Drille shakes snow off apples as he gathers them for the ice harvest to make ice cider on the 430-acre apple orchard and cidery at Domaine Pinnacle in Frelighsburg, Quebec, December 16, 2013.
The possible reason for this is a compound called Phloridzin which is present in apples and has similar characteristics of female sex hormone Estradiol. In women, Estradiol plays an important role in sexual arousal.
Apple, much like wine and chocolate, contains polyphenols and antioxidants which stimulates blood flow to the genitalia, causing better arousal.
Researchers associated with this study feel that the "more apples a woman takes, higher is the level of lubrication and sexual function."
There were 731 Italian women aged between 18 and 43 who took part in this experiment. Each of them was asked to report on their daily apple consumption and eating habits.
The group was then split into two, one group was asked to eat one or more apples a day and the other was told to eat less than one a day.
All women then completed the Female Sexual Function Index (FSFI), which included 19 questions about their sexual activities, including frequency and overall satisfaction.
Researchers found that “eating an apple a day was linked with higher FSFI scores, suggesting it increased their sexual pleasure.”
“Apples have been found to have many health benefits. In 2012, scientists found the fruit significantly lowered blood fat levels in postmenopausal women, the group most at risk of heart attacks and strokes.”
Taking an apple every day for six months also cuts cholesterol by almost a quarter.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Medical Marijuana Ads In Canada Facing Crackdown: Health Canada Issues Warning Letters To 20 Licensed Producers
- Australia to Host Human Tests for New Brain Tumour Treatment
- HIV Treatment News: Largest Truvada Trial Happening In Australia
- Ebola Vaccine Shows High Immune System Response In Early Tests; Australia Lifts Travel Ban on Congo
- Ellen DeGeneres Gives El Cajon Man With Viral Weight Loss Video Ford Mustang
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report