Eating an Apple a Day improves Healthy Women's Sex lives: Latest Study Reveals
By Indrani Bhattacharyya | July 11, 2014 3:28 PM EST
Women who consume one to two forbidden fruits a day experience a better sexual life than women who are featured in "no regular apple consumption," group, according to a new study that appeared in the journal Archives of Gynecology and Obstetrics.
Orchard Manager Gilles Drille shakes snow off apples as he gathers them for the ice harvest to make ice cider on the 430-acre apple orchard and cidery at Domaine Pinnacle in Frelighsburg, Quebec, December 16, 2013.
The possible reason for this is a compound called Phloridzin which is present in apples and has similar characteristics of female sex hormone Estradiol. In women, Estradiol plays an important role in sexual arousal.
Apple, much like wine and chocolate, contains polyphenols and antioxidants which stimulates blood flow to the genitalia, causing better arousal.
Researchers associated with this study feel that the "more apples a woman takes, higher is the level of lubrication and sexual function."
There were 731 Italian women aged between 18 and 43 who took part in this experiment. Each of them was asked to report on their daily apple consumption and eating habits.
The group was then split into two, one group was asked to eat one or more apples a day and the other was told to eat less than one a day.
All women then completed the Female Sexual Function Index (FSFI), which included 19 questions about their sexual activities, including frequency and overall satisfaction.
Researchers found that “eating an apple a day was linked with higher FSFI scores, suggesting it increased their sexual pleasure.”
“Apples have been found to have many health benefits. In 2012, scientists found the fruit significantly lowered blood fat levels in postmenopausal women, the group most at risk of heart attacks and strokes.”
Taking an apple every day for six months also cuts cholesterol by almost a quarter.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Maria Menounos Lost 40 Pounds; She Follows a Low Carb Vegetarian Diet, Her Weight Loss and Fitness Secrets Revealed
- 'Django Unchained' Actress Danielle Watts Mistaken As Prostitute And Arrested; Accused Police of Racism
- Airborne Version of Ebola Virus Could Wipe Out 1.2 Million; Aussie Doctor Appeals For Help
- A Wife's Happiness is More Crucial Than Her Husband's For a Long Lasting, Happy Marriage, Finds Study
- Kim Kardashian's Pregnancy Glow Returns; Rumour Mill Suggests That Kim Is Pregnant
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date