Eating an Apple a Day improves Healthy Women's Sex lives: Latest Study Reveals
By Indrani Bhattacharyya | July 11, 2014 3:28 PM EST
Women who consume one to two forbidden fruits a day experience a better sexual life than women who are featured in "no regular apple consumption," group, according to a new study that appeared in the journal Archives of Gynecology and Obstetrics.
Orchard Manager Gilles Drille shakes snow off apples as he gathers them for the ice harvest to make ice cider on the 430-acre apple orchard and cidery at Domaine Pinnacle in Frelighsburg, Quebec, December 16, 2013.
The possible reason for this is a compound called Phloridzin which is present in apples and has similar characteristics of female sex hormone Estradiol. In women, Estradiol plays an important role in sexual arousal.
Apple, much like wine and chocolate, contains polyphenols and antioxidants which stimulates blood flow to the genitalia, causing better arousal.
Researchers associated with this study feel that the "more apples a woman takes, higher is the level of lubrication and sexual function."
There were 731 Italian women aged between 18 and 43 who took part in this experiment. Each of them was asked to report on their daily apple consumption and eating habits.
The group was then split into two, one group was asked to eat one or more apples a day and the other was told to eat less than one a day.
All women then completed the Female Sexual Function Index (FSFI), which included 19 questions about their sexual activities, including frequency and overall satisfaction.
Researchers found that “eating an apple a day was linked with higher FSFI scores, suggesting it increased their sexual pleasure.”
“Apples have been found to have many health benefits. In 2012, scientists found the fruit significantly lowered blood fat levels in postmenopausal women, the group most at risk of heart attacks and strokes.”
Taking an apple every day for six months also cuts cholesterol by almost a quarter.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Celebrities Whose Life Changed Because of Sexual Abuse and Molestation
Join the Conversation
- Gene That Stops Spreading of Lung Cancer - Identified by Latest Study.
- Teenage Boys Desire Intimacy and Close Relationships: Study
- Young Women Scientists Face Sexual Harassments While Working on Scientific Field: Study Says
- Breakthrough in HIV Medications: Two Australian Men and One In Rockford 'Cured'
- The Great Australian Sex Census Decodes Sex Technology Habits of Australians
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $499 Comes With 5.5-Inch Quad HD Display, Snapdragon 805 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People