Eating an Apple a Day improves Healthy Women's Sex lives: Latest Study Reveals
By Indrani Bhattacharyya | July 11, 2014 3:28 PM EST
Women who consume one to two forbidden fruits a day experience a better sexual life than women who are featured in "no regular apple consumption," group, according to a new study that appeared in the journal Archives of Gynecology and Obstetrics.
Orchard Manager Gilles Drille shakes snow off apples as he gathers them for the ice harvest to make ice cider on the 430-acre apple orchard and cidery at Domaine Pinnacle in Frelighsburg, Quebec, December 16, 2013.
The possible reason for this is a compound called Phloridzin which is present in apples and has similar characteristics of female sex hormone Estradiol. In women, Estradiol plays an important role in sexual arousal.
Apple, much like wine and chocolate, contains polyphenols and antioxidants which stimulates blood flow to the genitalia, causing better arousal.
Researchers associated with this study feel that the "more apples a woman takes, higher is the level of lubrication and sexual function."
There were 731 Italian women aged between 18 and 43 who took part in this experiment. Each of them was asked to report on their daily apple consumption and eating habits.
The group was then split into two, one group was asked to eat one or more apples a day and the other was told to eat less than one a day.
All women then completed the Female Sexual Function Index (FSFI), which included 19 questions about their sexual activities, including frequency and overall satisfaction.
Researchers found that “eating an apple a day was linked with higher FSFI scores, suggesting it increased their sexual pleasure.”
“Apples have been found to have many health benefits. In 2012, scientists found the fruit significantly lowered blood fat levels in postmenopausal women, the group most at risk of heart attacks and strokes.”
Taking an apple every day for six months also cuts cholesterol by almost a quarter.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Kendall Jenner's Secret To A Slim and Sexy Body: All About Her Diet And Fitness Routine [Watch Video]
- Bill Gates Believes Ebola Could Spread Outside West Africa, Warns Countries Should Strengthen Healthcare
- Sleep Deprivation Among Teens Is The Main Cause of Low Academic Performance, Bad Behaviour And Lethargy, Finds Study
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Pilgrimage To Mecca: The Latest Health and Travel Advice For Muslim Hajj And Umrah With Regard To MERS-CoV
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate