Eating an Apple a Day improves Healthy Women's Sex lives: Latest Study Reveals
By Indrani Bhattacharyya | July 11, 2014 3:28 PM EST
Women who consume one to two forbidden fruits a day experience a better sexual life than women who are featured in "no regular apple consumption," group, according to a new study that appeared in the journal Archives of Gynecology and Obstetrics.
Orchard Manager Gilles Drille shakes snow off apples as he gathers them for the ice harvest to make ice cider on the 430-acre apple orchard and cidery at Domaine Pinnacle in Frelighsburg, Quebec, December 16, 2013.
The possible reason for this is a compound called Phloridzin which is present in apples and has similar characteristics of female sex hormone Estradiol. In women, Estradiol plays an important role in sexual arousal.
Apple, much like wine and chocolate, contains polyphenols and antioxidants which stimulates blood flow to the genitalia, causing better arousal.
Researchers associated with this study feel that the "more apples a woman takes, higher is the level of lubrication and sexual function."
There were 731 Italian women aged between 18 and 43 who took part in this experiment. Each of them was asked to report on their daily apple consumption and eating habits.
The group was then split into two, one group was asked to eat one or more apples a day and the other was told to eat less than one a day.
All women then completed the Female Sexual Function Index (FSFI), which included 19 questions about their sexual activities, including frequency and overall satisfaction.
Researchers found that “eating an apple a day was linked with higher FSFI scores, suggesting it increased their sexual pleasure.”
“Apples have been found to have many health benefits. In 2012, scientists found the fruit significantly lowered blood fat levels in postmenopausal women, the group most at risk of heart attacks and strokes.”
Taking an apple every day for six months also cuts cholesterol by almost a quarter.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- HIV Cure: Modified Gene Therapy Causing Resistance And Mysterious Enzyme Could Unlock Effective Treatment
- Using Hand Dryers in Public Restrooms Could Spread Germs
- Kourtney Kardashian Thinks Pregnancy Nausea Should Not Be Called 'Morning Sickness' Because It Lasts All Day
- Text Neck Causes More Harm Than You Think
- Kourtney Kardashian Shares Tips On How To Find A Good Pediatrician For Your Kids
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation