Tips for Planning a Wedding: What to Expect
July 11, 2014 3:06 PM EST
Follow these guidelines to create a truly memorable day.
1. Start a wedding folder or binder
• For wedding inspiration you can begin leafing through bridal, fashion, gardening, design, and food magazines.
2. Work out your budget.
• Discuss how much you are willing to spend and talk to both parents to discuss how much money they have and who will be footing the bill for a certain part of the wedding
• Create a priority list
3. Hire a planner
• A wedding planner will have relationships with-and insights about-vendors.
4. Setting the date
• When choosing a date always include your families in the conversation. Consider alternate dates, the honeymoon, work schedules, family occasions, and the bride's menstrual cycle
5. Create a timetable
• After the wedding date is set, you can now decide on when and what needs to be done like booking a reception site and florist.
6. Choosing a Ring
• Find a trusted jeweller by asking recommendations from family and friends
• Select a style and a price range
• Be sure to keep the purchase record for insurance purposes
• Cut the guest list. This will slash your catering costs and save on invitations and even the number of centerpieces. Hold your ceremony and reception in one spot and have bigger tables so you need fewer centerpieces and tablecloths.
8. Announce the Engagement
• Family and friends need to hear the news straight from the bride and groom. Be sure to jot down names and numbers to avoid forgetting anyone.
Wei Yan arrives for her wedding ceremony preview with her fiance Jin Benfa in Beijing, December 1, 2013. The dwarf couple, who are both 26, engaged earlier this year. The ceremony is held ahead of the International Day of Disabled Persons, which will be observed on December 3 and aims to advocate care for families with disabled persons and fair job opportunities for people with dwarfism. Picture taken December 1, 2013. REUTERS/Stringer
Most Popular Slideshows
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Centerplate CEO Des Hague Caught Abusing Dog In Vancouver Building Elevator [VIDEO]
- Boyfriend's Welcome Home Tribute In Candles Destroys His House
- 'Boob Aid': Japanese Porn Stars 'Excited' For 24HR Breasts Squeezing Charity
- The Most Insane Facts About The American Civil War That You May Not Know
- Viral Video Kevin Droniak Grandma: Teenager Shows Grandma Their Videos Together, Grandma Gives Priceless Reaction
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Confirmed as Apple Sets Sept 9 iWatch, 2 iPhones Intro - Report
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko
- Windows 9 To Include Interactive Live Tiles and Notification Center in Metro 2.0