Tips for Planning a Wedding: What to Expect
July 11, 2014 3:06 PM EST
Follow these guidelines to create a truly memorable day.
1. Start a wedding folder or binder
• For wedding inspiration you can begin leafing through bridal, fashion, gardening, design, and food magazines.
2. Work out your budget.
• Discuss how much you are willing to spend and talk to both parents to discuss how much money they have and who will be footing the bill for a certain part of the wedding
• Create a priority list
3. Hire a planner
• A wedding planner will have relationships with-and insights about-vendors.
4. Setting the date
• When choosing a date always include your families in the conversation. Consider alternate dates, the honeymoon, work schedules, family occasions, and the bride's menstrual cycle
5. Create a timetable
• After the wedding date is set, you can now decide on when and what needs to be done like booking a reception site and florist.
6. Choosing a Ring
• Find a trusted jeweller by asking recommendations from family and friends
• Select a style and a price range
• Be sure to keep the purchase record for insurance purposes
• Cut the guest list. This will slash your catering costs and save on invitations and even the number of centerpieces. Hold your ceremony and reception in one spot and have bigger tables so you need fewer centerpieces and tablecloths.
8. Announce the Engagement
• Family and friends need to hear the news straight from the bride and groom. Be sure to jot down names and numbers to avoid forgetting anyone.
Wei Yan arrives for her wedding ceremony preview with her fiance Jin Benfa in Beijing, December 1, 2013. The dwarf couple, who are both 26, engaged earlier this year. The ceremony is held ahead of the International Day of Disabled Persons, which will be observed on December 3 and aims to advocate care for families with disabled persons and fair job opportunities for people with dwarfism. Picture taken December 1, 2013. REUTERS/Stringer
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby Boy For The Second Time Around – Reports [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 4: San Francisco Giants 11, Kansas City Royals 4 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Video Showing Mentally Disabled African American Shot 46 Times By Eight Police Officers For Just Holding A Penknife
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Update: Duchess Forced To Return To Royal Engagements, Feuding With The Queen Over Royal Duties---Report
- Google Loses Lawsuit Against Canadian Woman Over Breast Exposure
- Robbery Attempt in Sydney Bank, Armed Robbers on The Loose
- Father Spots A Bald Patch On The Lawn Outside His Girls' Bedroom And Gets Shocked At The Reason
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery