Tips for Planning a Wedding: What to Expect
July 11, 2014 3:06 PM EST
Follow these guidelines to create a truly memorable day.
1. Start a wedding folder or binder
• For wedding inspiration you can begin leafing through bridal, fashion, gardening, design, and food magazines.
2. Work out your budget.
• Discuss how much you are willing to spend and talk to both parents to discuss how much money they have and who will be footing the bill for a certain part of the wedding
• Create a priority list
3. Hire a planner
• A wedding planner will have relationships with-and insights about-vendors.
4. Setting the date
• When choosing a date always include your families in the conversation. Consider alternate dates, the honeymoon, work schedules, family occasions, and the bride's menstrual cycle
5. Create a timetable
• After the wedding date is set, you can now decide on when and what needs to be done like booking a reception site and florist.
6. Choosing a Ring
• Find a trusted jeweller by asking recommendations from family and friends
• Select a style and a price range
• Be sure to keep the purchase record for insurance purposes
• Cut the guest list. This will slash your catering costs and save on invitations and even the number of centerpieces. Hold your ceremony and reception in one spot and have bigger tables so you need fewer centerpieces and tablecloths.
8. Announce the Engagement
• Family and friends need to hear the news straight from the bride and groom. Be sure to jot down names and numbers to avoid forgetting anyone.
Wei Yan arrives for her wedding ceremony preview with her fiance Jin Benfa in Beijing, December 1, 2013. The dwarf couple, who are both 26, engaged earlier this year. The ceremony is held ahead of the International Day of Disabled Persons, which will be observed on December 3 and aims to advocate care for families with disabled persons and fair job opportunities for people with dwarfism. Picture taken December 1, 2013. REUTERS/Stringer
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 2014 Meteor Shower: Slooh To Have Live Broadcast Of Orionids Meteor Shower October 21 Peak, NASA Assures Ideal Observing Conditions
- Kate Middleton Makes First Public Appearance, Sickness Seems Over
- Kate Middleton To Give Birth To A 'Cheerful' Baby, Duchess Not Carrying Twins---Report
- Woman Stuck In Chimney: Genoveva Nunez-Figueroa Arrested For Attempted Break-In After Rescue Team Pulls Stuck Woman Out Of Chimney
- 63-Year-Old Admits He Has Made Love To More Than 700 Cars But Now Remains Faithful To Just One Beetle
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar