Tips for Planning a Wedding: What to Expect
July 11, 2014 3:06 PM EST
Follow these guidelines to create a truly memorable day.
1. Start a wedding folder or binder
• For wedding inspiration you can begin leafing through bridal, fashion, gardening, design, and food magazines.
2. Work out your budget.
• Discuss how much you are willing to spend and talk to both parents to discuss how much money they have and who will be footing the bill for a certain part of the wedding
• Create a priority list
3. Hire a planner
• A wedding planner will have relationships with-and insights about-vendors.
4. Setting the date
• When choosing a date always include your families in the conversation. Consider alternate dates, the honeymoon, work schedules, family occasions, and the bride's menstrual cycle
5. Create a timetable
• After the wedding date is set, you can now decide on when and what needs to be done like booking a reception site and florist.
6. Choosing a Ring
• Find a trusted jeweller by asking recommendations from family and friends
• Select a style and a price range
• Be sure to keep the purchase record for insurance purposes
• Cut the guest list. This will slash your catering costs and save on invitations and even the number of centerpieces. Hold your ceremony and reception in one spot and have bigger tables so you need fewer centerpieces and tablecloths.
8. Announce the Engagement
• Family and friends need to hear the news straight from the bride and groom. Be sure to jot down names and numbers to avoid forgetting anyone.
Wei Yan arrives for her wedding ceremony preview with her fiance Jin Benfa in Beijing, December 1, 2013. The dwarf couple, who are both 26, engaged earlier this year. The ceremony is held ahead of the International Day of Disabled Persons, which will be observed on December 3 and aims to advocate care for families with disabled persons and fair job opportunities for people with dwarfism. Picture taken December 1, 2013. REUTERS/Stringer
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- Taylor Swift's Famous Ex-Boyfriends: From Harry Styles To Joe Jonas [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Pregnant Kate Middleton Reportedly Prohibits Camilla Parker-Bowles From ‘Seeing Her Family’ And Newborn
- Ebola in US: Stock Surge for Pharmaceutical Companies Working on Vaccine
- MH370 Search Update: Was Reported That Experts Claim To Know The Possible Location; Suggest Authorities To Look ‘Further South In The Indian Ocean’
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy: Duchess Forced By The Queen To Be Out In The Public Again
- 5 Things You Should Know About House Training Your Pets
- 3 Signs Nexus 6, 8 Release Date Nears: Leaked Pics, KitKat Factory Image & Android L Details Emerge
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Available Through O2 For £380, Other Carriers To Follow Soon
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- ISIS Receives Food, Ammunition Due To Mistake Of Iraqi Pilots