Tips for Planning a Wedding: What to Expect
July 11, 2014 3:06 PM EST
Follow these guidelines to create a truly memorable day.
1. Start a wedding folder or binder
• For wedding inspiration you can begin leafing through bridal, fashion, gardening, design, and food magazines.
2. Work out your budget.
• Discuss how much you are willing to spend and talk to both parents to discuss how much money they have and who will be footing the bill for a certain part of the wedding
• Create a priority list
3. Hire a planner
• A wedding planner will have relationships with-and insights about-vendors.
4. Setting the date
• When choosing a date always include your families in the conversation. Consider alternate dates, the honeymoon, work schedules, family occasions, and the bride's menstrual cycle
5. Create a timetable
• After the wedding date is set, you can now decide on when and what needs to be done like booking a reception site and florist.
6. Choosing a Ring
• Find a trusted jeweller by asking recommendations from family and friends
• Select a style and a price range
• Be sure to keep the purchase record for insurance purposes
• Cut the guest list. This will slash your catering costs and save on invitations and even the number of centerpieces. Hold your ceremony and reception in one spot and have bigger tables so you need fewer centerpieces and tablecloths.
8. Announce the Engagement
• Family and friends need to hear the news straight from the bride and groom. Be sure to jot down names and numbers to avoid forgetting anyone.
Wei Yan arrives for her wedding ceremony preview with her fiance Jin Benfa in Beijing, December 1, 2013. The dwarf couple, who are both 26, engaged earlier this year. The ceremony is held ahead of the International Day of Disabled Persons, which will be observed on December 3 and aims to advocate care for families with disabled persons and fair job opportunities for people with dwarfism. Picture taken December 1, 2013. REUTERS/Stringer
Most Popular Slideshows
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Taking a Time Off in August Amidst Miscarriage & Adopting a Child Claims
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- 15 Orgasms/Week, $27K/Yr Salary Not Bad for Professional Toy Tester Cara Houiellebecq (VIDEO)
- Thai’s Crackdown on Commercial Surrogacy Exposes Aussie Couple’s Appalling Deed
- 2014 Perseid Meteor Shower vs. Supermoon: Best to View Meteor Shower Display before August 12 to 13 Peak
- Australian Wanted Man Threatens Terror in Australia, Demands Release of Muslim Prisoners
- U.S. Woman Wins $66 Million in Lottery
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- HTC One M8 Windows Phone to Launch for Verizon; Release Date, Price, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate for New Smartphone
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- Galaxy Note 4 Release Date Ahead of iPhone 6 Sept 2014 Debut; Specced-Up but Remains Plastic-Wrapped – Reports
- LG G2 Android 4.4.4 KitKat Guide: When to Hit Your Region and How to Install
- Update Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini with Android 4.4.2 KitKat
- LG G3 To Debut Moon Violet and Burgundy Red Shades in August; Upcoming LG Devices Roundup