George R. R. Martin Furious Reaction to Fan Question
By Sachin Trivedi | July 11, 2014 3:04 PM EST
George R. R. Martin was reportedly furious when asked a question related to the delay in the release of his books. The author is currently writing the sixth book titled "Winds of Winter" in "A Song of Ice and Fire" Series. The popular TV show "Game of Thrones" is based on these books.
George R.R. Martin, author of the "Song of Ice and Fire" fantasy series that is the basis of the television series "Game of Thrones", pauses during his masterclass at the Neuchatel International Fantastic Film Festival (NIFFF) in Neuchatel July 10, 2014. REUTERS/Denis Balibouse
In an interview with a Swiss daily newspaper, Tages-Anzeiger, George R. R. Martin was reportedly asked whether he would be able to complete the series. The question echoes some of the fans' concern that the author may not be able to complete the series with his current speed of writing. The author is 65 years old.
"Well, I find that question, you know, pretty offensive frankly, when people start to speculate about my death and my health. So f--- you to those people," he reportedly said in the interview. George R. R. Martin is admittedly a slow writer but his work has become very popular.
His first novel in "A Song of Ice and Fire" was called "A Game of Thrones." The book was released in 1996. The second book from the series "A Clash of Kings" was published in 1999. "A Storm of Swords" was published in 2000. "A Feast for Crows" was published in 2005 and "A Dance of Dragons" was published in 2011.
Readers will note that the two recent books by the author have taken a fairly longer time compared to the others. Currently George R. R. Martin is working on "Winds of Winter." There has not been any announcement about the release date of the book. The final installment from the series will be "A Dream of Spring."
The author does however share sample chapters from his upcoming book from time to time with the fans on his Web site. His most recent chapter was about Arya Stark. The character is quickly becoming one of the favourites for the fans.
Several characters have been left in cliff hangers in the previous book by George R. R. Martin. There are two big battles which are about to start and Daenerys Targaryen is in a difficult situation. Fans are also keen to see who the author decides to kill next "Winds of Winter."
More Articles to Read
Transformers 5 Plot Speculation: Optimus Prime in Search of the Creators [Read]
Dr. Strange to Start Filming in Fall - Everything You Need to Know About the Character [Read]
Ghostbusters 3: Dan Aykroyd Suggests Money Problems Stalling the Movie [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Celebs: Struggle With Drug Addiction
Join the Conversation
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $499 Comes With 5.5-Inch Quad HD Display, Snapdragon 805 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People