George R. R. Martin Furious Reaction to Fan Question
By Sachin Trivedi | July 11, 2014 3:04 PM EST
George R. R. Martin was reportedly furious when asked a question related to the delay in the release of his books. The author is currently writing the sixth book titled "Winds of Winter" in "A Song of Ice and Fire" Series. The popular TV show "Game of Thrones" is based on these books.
George R.R. Martin, author of the "Song of Ice and Fire" fantasy series that is the basis of the television series "Game of Thrones", pauses during his masterclass at the Neuchatel International Fantastic Film Festival (NIFFF) in Neuchatel July 10, 2014. REUTERS/Denis Balibouse
In an interview with a Swiss daily newspaper, Tages-Anzeiger, George R. R. Martin was reportedly asked whether he would be able to complete the series. The question echoes some of the fans' concern that the author may not be able to complete the series with his current speed of writing. The author is 65 years old.
"Well, I find that question, you know, pretty offensive frankly, when people start to speculate about my death and my health. So f--- you to those people," he reportedly said in the interview. George R. R. Martin is admittedly a slow writer but his work has become very popular.
His first novel in "A Song of Ice and Fire" was called "A Game of Thrones." The book was released in 1996. The second book from the series "A Clash of Kings" was published in 1999. "A Storm of Swords" was published in 2000. "A Feast for Crows" was published in 2005 and "A Dance of Dragons" was published in 2011.
Readers will note that the two recent books by the author have taken a fairly longer time compared to the others. Currently George R. R. Martin is working on "Winds of Winter." There has not been any announcement about the release date of the book. The final installment from the series will be "A Dream of Spring."
The author does however share sample chapters from his upcoming book from time to time with the fans on his Web site. His most recent chapter was about Arya Stark. The character is quickly becoming one of the favourites for the fans.
Several characters have been left in cliff hangers in the previous book by George R. R. Martin. There are two big battles which are about to start and Daenerys Targaryen is in a difficult situation. Fans are also keen to see who the author decides to kill next "Winds of Winter."
More Articles to Read
Transformers 5 Plot Speculation: Optimus Prime in Search of the Creators [Read]
Dr. Strange to Start Filming in Fall - Everything You Need to Know About the Character [Read]
Ghostbusters 3: Dan Aykroyd Suggests Money Problems Stalling the Movie [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]