George R. R. Martin Furious Reaction to Fan Question
By Sachin Trivedi | July 11, 2014 3:04 PM EST
George R. R. Martin was reportedly furious when asked a question related to the delay in the release of his books. The author is currently writing the sixth book titled "Winds of Winter" in "A Song of Ice and Fire" Series. The popular TV show "Game of Thrones" is based on these books.
George R.R. Martin, author of the "Song of Ice and Fire" fantasy series that is the basis of the television series "Game of Thrones", pauses during his masterclass at the Neuchatel International Fantastic Film Festival (NIFFF) in Neuchatel July 10, 2014. REUTERS/Denis Balibouse
In an interview with a Swiss daily newspaper, Tages-Anzeiger, George R. R. Martin was reportedly asked whether he would be able to complete the series. The question echoes some of the fans' concern that the author may not be able to complete the series with his current speed of writing. The author is 65 years old.
"Well, I find that question, you know, pretty offensive frankly, when people start to speculate about my death and my health. So f--- you to those people," he reportedly said in the interview. George R. R. Martin is admittedly a slow writer but his work has become very popular.
His first novel in "A Song of Ice and Fire" was called "A Game of Thrones." The book was released in 1996. The second book from the series "A Clash of Kings" was published in 1999. "A Storm of Swords" was published in 2000. "A Feast for Crows" was published in 2005 and "A Dance of Dragons" was published in 2011.
Readers will note that the two recent books by the author have taken a fairly longer time compared to the others. Currently George R. R. Martin is working on "Winds of Winter." There has not been any announcement about the release date of the book. The final installment from the series will be "A Dream of Spring."
The author does however share sample chapters from his upcoming book from time to time with the fans on his Web site. His most recent chapter was about Arya Stark. The character is quickly becoming one of the favourites for the fans.
Several characters have been left in cliff hangers in the previous book by George R. R. Martin. There are two big battles which are about to start and Daenerys Targaryen is in a difficult situation. Fans are also keen to see who the author decides to kill next "Winds of Winter."
More Articles to Read
Transformers 5 Plot Speculation: Optimus Prime in Search of the Creators [Read]
Dr. Strange to Start Filming in Fall - Everything You Need to Know About the Character [Read]
Ghostbusters 3: Dan Aykroyd Suggests Money Problems Stalling the Movie [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Winds of Winter’ Fans Speculation - Candidates For Marriage In The Next Book
- 'Festive In Death' By J.D. Robb Tops The New York Times Best Sellers List Of Combined Print And E-Book Fiction For The Week Of Sept. 28, 2014
- Top 5 Best-Selling Children's Series For The Week Of Sept. 28, 2014 Including 'The Maze Runner' by James Dashner and ‘Divergent’ by Veronica Roth
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: Battle of the Samsung Flagship Smartphones
- Galaxy Note 4 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Better Performing Display and Best Overall Screen
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Purported Xiaomi Redmi Note Successor Powered With Monstrous Processor Under Wraps, Will Take On Meizu MX4