Android 4.4.4 Update and Maintenance Firmware: Droid Maxx, Droid Ultra, Droid Mini Change Log, Size and Other Details
By Ryan Inoyori | July 11, 2014 2:43 PM EST
Motorola Droid Maxx, Droid Ultra and Droid Mini will soon receive the official Android 4.4.4 KitKat update. Know the current available update, Android 4.4.4 change log, firmware size and other details before the software rolls out.
Android 4.4.4 KitKat for DROIDS
Motorola is now testing the official Android 4.4.4 KitKat firmware for three DROID series. It has been seeded to the registered Motorola testers on its Feedback Network based on GSMArena reports and will soon rollout after the soak test.
Motorola's David Schuster updated his Google Plus page telling users regarding the update for the DROID series. He also revealed that there is new maintenance firmware rolling out for these mobile devices.
"There have been a number of people asking about the status of the next DROID Ultra/MAXX and Mini KitKat upgrade. This week we started to rollout a maintenance release to address rare network connectivity issues. Details can be found in the release notes," Schuster post at Google Plus.
Maintenance Update for the DROIDS
New software is now available for Motorola Droid Ultra, Droid Maxx and Droid Mini which delivers enhancements and bug fixes experienced by users. Once upgraded to this new firmware, users will not be able to downgrade to the previous version.
1. Additional enhancements including improved security and restyled Status Bar.
2. Fixed a rare issue which could lead to connectivity problems while switching from a Canadian UMTS network back to a Verizon CDMA/LTE network.
3. Fixed a bug that caused issues while configuring a Microsoft Exchange account because of an encrypted SD card requirement (Ultra, Mini and Maxx do no support an SD card).
For the installation, Motorola recommends that the device must have a battery level of at least 50 per cent to avoid power interruption and should be connected to a Wi-Fi network instead of mobile data connection.
Once the notification appears on the display screen regarding a new firmware update, follow these instructions:
1. Swipe down on the notification bar and tap "System update."
2. Select "Yes I'm in" to download the software.
3. After the software is downloaded, swipe down on the notification bar and tap "Install system update."
4. Select "Install now."
5. After the software is installed, your phone will restart automatically.
6. Your phone is now updated with 19.6.3.
In case the device did not receive the notification for a new firmware, you may force the device to check an update. Go to Settings > About Phone > System Updates then follow the instructions above.
Android 4.4.4 KitKat Details
Before the official release of the upcoming Android 4.4.4 KitKat firmware for Motorola Droid Ultra, Droid Maxx and Droid Mini, its change logs and firmware size have been unveiled to let customers know what they will get out of it.
1. Latest Android 4.4.4 KitKat default features
2. Improvements on the camera picture quality
3. Contactless payments with Isis Wallet
4. Enhanced Visual Voicemail.
Android 4.4.4 KitKat firmware has the size of 285 MB which relatively huge for the final KitKat version. Moreover, the update will resolve the Android 4.4.3 OpenSSL security vulnerability among mobile devices.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'Destiny' vs. 'Titanfall': New Legendary Gears Spotted And Update 8 Features Detailed
- How To Play 4K Graphics Quality On 1080p Games With Any Monitor Using NVIDIA Graphics Cards
- PS4 v. Xbox One: More Details For Firmware 2.0 Update, Xbox Screenshot Feature And Paid Xbox Music Emerge
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS