Android 4.4.4 Update and Maintenance Firmware: Droid Maxx, Droid Ultra, Droid Mini Change Log, Size and Other Details
By Ryan Inoyori | July 11, 2014 2:43 PM EST
Motorola Droid Maxx, Droid Ultra and Droid Mini will soon receive the official Android 4.4.4 KitKat update. Know the current available update, Android 4.4.4 change log, firmware size and other details before the software rolls out.
Android 4.4.4 KitKat for DROIDS
Motorola is now testing the official Android 4.4.4 KitKat firmware for three DROID series. It has been seeded to the registered Motorola testers on its Feedback Network based on GSMArena reports and will soon rollout after the soak test.
Motorola's David Schuster updated his Google Plus page telling users regarding the update for the DROID series. He also revealed that there is new maintenance firmware rolling out for these mobile devices.
"There have been a number of people asking about the status of the next DROID Ultra/MAXX and Mini KitKat upgrade. This week we started to rollout a maintenance release to address rare network connectivity issues. Details can be found in the release notes," Schuster post at Google Plus.
Maintenance Update for the DROIDS
New software is now available for Motorola Droid Ultra, Droid Maxx and Droid Mini which delivers enhancements and bug fixes experienced by users. Once upgraded to this new firmware, users will not be able to downgrade to the previous version.
1. Additional enhancements including improved security and restyled Status Bar.
2. Fixed a rare issue which could lead to connectivity problems while switching from a Canadian UMTS network back to a Verizon CDMA/LTE network.
3. Fixed a bug that caused issues while configuring a Microsoft Exchange account because of an encrypted SD card requirement (Ultra, Mini and Maxx do no support an SD card).
For the installation, Motorola recommends that the device must have a battery level of at least 50 per cent to avoid power interruption and should be connected to a Wi-Fi network instead of mobile data connection.
Once the notification appears on the display screen regarding a new firmware update, follow these instructions:
1. Swipe down on the notification bar and tap "System update."
2. Select "Yes I'm in" to download the software.
3. After the software is downloaded, swipe down on the notification bar and tap "Install system update."
4. Select "Install now."
5. After the software is installed, your phone will restart automatically.
6. Your phone is now updated with 19.6.3.
In case the device did not receive the notification for a new firmware, you may force the device to check an update. Go to Settings > About Phone > System Updates then follow the instructions above.
Android 4.4.4 KitKat Details
Before the official release of the upcoming Android 4.4.4 KitKat firmware for Motorola Droid Ultra, Droid Maxx and Droid Mini, its change logs and firmware size have been unveiled to let customers know what they will get out of it.
1. Latest Android 4.4.4 KitKat default features
2. Improvements on the camera picture quality
3. Contactless payments with Isis Wallet
4. Enhanced Visual Voicemail.
Android 4.4.4 KitKat firmware has the size of 285 MB which relatively huge for the final KitKat version. Moreover, the update will resolve the Android 4.4.3 OpenSSL security vulnerability among mobile devices.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Facebook To Charge Users Of $2.99 Monthly Fee On November 1; Best Free Alternatives For Facebook
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition' What Players Can Expect Before November 18 Release Date
- 'World Of Warcraft Warlords Of Draenor' Spoilers: 'WoD' In-Game Cinematics Revealed, Plus There's A Brewfest For The Horde And Alliance Players [WATCH VIDEOS]
- Microsoft Promises A Better ‘Minecraft,’ Game To Come to Windows Phone
- The Pirate Bay Operations: 21 Virtual Machines Are Used To Run The File-sharing Website
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed