Jessica Simpson Sold Wedding Photos For $300K, Exclusive Shots Published in People Mag
By Tanya Diente | July 11, 2014 2:43 PM EST
Reports have claimed the recently married Jessica Simpson sold exclusive photos of her wedding to People magazine at a cost of $300,000.
An insider told New York Daily News that People magazine reportedly bought Jessica Simpson and Eric Johnson's wedding photos for exclusive rights to their July 5 wedding. The photos were then published to a new issue of People magazine.
Unlike Kris Humphries and Kim Kardashians' 2011 wedding exclusives, where the mag reportedly also spent a huge sum, there was no bidding war for Simpson's wedding exclusives. According to the source, People simply proposed to Jessica Simpson and she agreed. The source added People mag was only worried about Instagram photos as its competition. Thus, the wedding was said to have been a "no cell phones, no photographs" ceremony.
Another source said Jessica Simpson and Eric Johnson could have bagged $600, 000 but the couple was apparently not interested in any kind of bidding war. So much so for Vanity Fair, according to the source, who said the fashion mag wouldn't want to shell out $300, 000.
However, the reported amount of $300,000 may be fabricated. A People spokeswoman said the publication never discusses specific details of its photo negotiations.
Prior to the magazine hitting newsstands, there were speculations whether Jessica Simpson would appear with Eric Johnson on the cover. Since Eric is less famous, it was said Jessica would have a solo cover.
Similar to Kris and Kim Kardashian's wedding in 2011, where People mag only ran a cover of Kim since Humphries at that time was still relatively unknown.
However speculations were put to rest when on Wednesday, People mag featured Jessica Simpson on her wedding gown looking at the camera, while getting a sweet kiss on the cheek from her husband.
People mag ran a cover on the newlyweds on this week's issue. A total of 27 photos of the reported $300,000 worth of exlusive wedding photos were revealed. Details on the couple's July 5 wedding at San Ysidro Ranch in Montecito, California were also revealed.
"It's all about family for us," Simpson told People, so much so that she had asked her mother, Tina, and sister, Ashlee, to be her maids of honor.
Eric's father, Stephen, was best man while Ashlee's fiancé, Evan Ross, was one of the groomsmen. The couple's two kids also stole the show. 2-year old Maxwell was flower girl while their son, 1-year old Ace, the ring bearer.
Jessica Simpson said Eric and her have always wanted to get married ever since they met. When that day finally came she thought it was just so surreal. Eric Johnson also recalled seeing Jessica crying as she was walking down the aisle, and admitted that his "heart was exploding a little bit."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- Rob Kardashian's Ex-Girlfriend Adrienne Bailon FInally Removes Cheating Reality Star's Name from Her Butt
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff