Jessica Simpson Sold Wedding Photos For $300K, Exclusive Shots Published in People Mag
By Tanya Diente | July 11, 2014 2:43 PM EST
Reports have claimed the recently married Jessica Simpson sold exclusive photos of her wedding to People magazine at a cost of $300,000.
An insider told New York Daily News that People magazine reportedly bought Jessica Simpson and Eric Johnson's wedding photos for exclusive rights to their July 5 wedding. The photos were then published to a new issue of People magazine.
Unlike Kris Humphries and Kim Kardashians' 2011 wedding exclusives, where the mag reportedly also spent a huge sum, there was no bidding war for Simpson's wedding exclusives. According to the source, People simply proposed to Jessica Simpson and she agreed. The source added People mag was only worried about Instagram photos as its competition. Thus, the wedding was said to have been a "no cell phones, no photographs" ceremony.
Another source said Jessica Simpson and Eric Johnson could have bagged $600, 000 but the couple was apparently not interested in any kind of bidding war. So much so for Vanity Fair, according to the source, who said the fashion mag wouldn't want to shell out $300, 000.
However, the reported amount of $300,000 may be fabricated. A People spokeswoman said the publication never discusses specific details of its photo negotiations.
Prior to the magazine hitting newsstands, there were speculations whether Jessica Simpson would appear with Eric Johnson on the cover. Since Eric is less famous, it was said Jessica would have a solo cover.
Similar to Kris and Kim Kardashian's wedding in 2011, where People mag only ran a cover of Kim since Humphries at that time was still relatively unknown.
However speculations were put to rest when on Wednesday, People mag featured Jessica Simpson on her wedding gown looking at the camera, while getting a sweet kiss on the cheek from her husband.
People mag ran a cover on the newlyweds on this week's issue. A total of 27 photos of the reported $300,000 worth of exlusive wedding photos were revealed. Details on the couple's July 5 wedding at San Ysidro Ranch in Montecito, California were also revealed.
"It's all about family for us," Simpson told People, so much so that she had asked her mother, Tina, and sister, Ashlee, to be her maids of honor.
Eric's father, Stephen, was best man while Ashlee's fiancé, Evan Ross, was one of the groomsmen. The couple's two kids also stole the show. 2-year old Maxwell was flower girl while their son, 1-year old Ace, the ring bearer.
Jessica Simpson said Eric and her have always wanted to get married ever since they met. When that day finally came she thought it was just so surreal. Eric Johnson also recalled seeing Jessica crying as she was walking down the aisle, and admitted that his "heart was exploding a little bit."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Shocking Inside Stories Of Prince Charles and Princess Diana Revealed By Former Press Officer
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- Another Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Naked Pics Of Liam Payne And Kim Kardashian Uploaded Online
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- Madonna Posts Video Of Son Hailed As Possibly The Next Dancing Prodigy
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- G20 Summit in Nov: No Consensus to Bar Russia, Putin Open to Attend in Australia