New Motorola Handset Spotted in a Fresh Leak Running on Android L; Likely Moto X+1 or Droid
By Pavithra Rathinavel | July 11, 2014 1:40 PM EST
The officially unannounced Motorola's upcoming handset Moto X+1, also referred as Moto X2, is back in news. In June, TK Tech News released couple of videos showcasing the alleged Moto X+1 with 4K recording capability. But now, the same source has come up with a set of images and videos of a new device from Motorola, sent to them by an unidentified source.
Attendees play a check-in game to win prizes by tapping their NFC-enabled Android smartphones at the Google I/O developers conference in San Francisco June 25, 2014.
Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Release Date Roundup With 64-Bit Processor, Four Colour Choices, Curved OLED Display, OIS and More
New Leak on iPhone 6 SIM Card Tray Indicates Space Gray, Gold, and Silver Colors Alongside Internal Components- Reports
However, the publication could not confirm if the new device is, in fact, the Moto X+1. On the contrary, the site gauges that the alleged device could also be a new Droid device, if not Moto X+1. Going by the sheer size of the device shown in the video and also in comparison to the Nexus 5 placed side-by-side, the handset easily crosses 5 inches diagonally. Therefore, it looks bigger than the 4.95-inches LG Nexus 5, says Phone Arena. [Scroll down to watch the video.]
If this is not mysterious enough, the handset in focus runs on Google's latest Android L OS. Also, the tech portal says that typically Google allows mobile manufacturers to take a first look at any new OS version, in order for the manufacturer to start the development process. Hence there is a possibility that Motorola with Android L preview version would have come up with a prototype device for the purpose of testing and evaluating Android L OS.
Nevertheless, more information on this mysterious device will be on its way in the following weeks. The Motorola Moto X+1 (Moto X2) release date is expected to be in August. On that note, here are some of the rumoured specifications of the upcoming Moto X+1 from Motorola.
Moto X+1 (Quick Specs)
- 5.2-inches AMOLED display with 1,080 x 1,920 pixels resolution
- Powered by a quad-core 2.3 GHz Snapdragon 800 processor
- 2 GB of RAM
- 16 GB, 32 GB and 64 GB internal storage
- microSD support
- 12 MP rear-facing camera and a 5 MP secondary camera unit
- 2900 mAh battery
- NFC support
- 4K video recording capability
Here is the video from TK Tech News showing the mysterious new device placed side-by-side with LG Nexus 5:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan