Xbox One Improved Hardware Planned, Retail Units Discussed and New Details for Halo 5: Guardians and Collection Emerge
By Gel Galang | July 11, 2014 12:56 PM EST
Microsoft may be hell-bent on improving the Xbox One hardware (potentially to bring its performance closer to its rival, the PS4) or it may be readying a new kind of software to be released in the future.
An attendee uses her smartphone in front of a giant Microsoft Xbox sign at the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo, known as E3, in Los Angeles, California June 11, 2014.
These are the possible steps the company could be taking behind the scenes, if a new job listing is to be believed.
The report suggests this may be Microsoft already moving towards studying the Xbox One's various trends via research for the next-generation hardware. This does not mean there will be a new Xbox One in just a few years. According to the source, it's natural to start conducting plans and studying the market's reception and use of the gaming console to see where the new hardware in the future will be coming from next.
'Halo: The Master Chief Collection' Gets More Features
The Rooster Teeth Expo had been a massive success for "Halo" fans and its team of developers, as a new trailer was released for the "Halo 2: Anniversary," which can be seen below.
New modes will also be made available for the "Halo 2 Anniversary," which is pretty much fan-favourite modes from other "Halo" games given a new remake. 343 Industries revealed a few of those modes, particularly these four ones:
— SWAT: From "Halo 3" and upgraded for "Halo 2," this mode features a no-shield, no-motion-tracker rule.
— Ricochet: It's like basketball with a mix of soccer "Halo"-style featured in "Halo 4," where players need to get the ball into the enemy goal.
— Infection: A zombie mode adapted from "Halo 3."
— Race: Coming from "Halo: Combat Evolved," this mode is a straight lift-off from the title, where players will be in a vehicle with the goal of hitting all checkpoints.
A lot of other new things will come with the "Halo 2 Anniversary" including a new vehicle already touted as the "Gungoose," which is the M274-M Ultra-Light All-Terrain Vehicle to mow down enemies with guns or wheels.
The "Master Chief Collection" was also given some love at the Rooster Teeth Expo, where the developers showed a few of the features that will come with the release. Fans were treated to a live build as well as a run-through of the campaign playlist features.
Those who want to listen in on the hour-long discussion of the "Halo" panel can also check out Xbox Wire's latest blog post here.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Android 4.4.3 and 4.4.4 KitKat Still Delayed for Samsung Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy S4 and Galaxy Note 3
- Before Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire: TwitchPlaysPokemon Goes X and Y, More Events and More Gym Leader Info
- PS4 News: 2 Possible Sets of PS Plus Games for August 2014 Leaked and Additional Features for PS4
- Xbox One News: Games with Gold for August Announced; Updates for Progress in China
- The SIMS 4 on Sept 2 Release: Low Demands Specs, No Toddlers or Pools and 3 Premium Packs
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: Parents of Australian Passenger Want ‘Space Scientists’ to Investigate Crash; Believe in ‘Possibility’ of Survival -- Report
- Childhood Obesity is Strongly Linked With Early Puberty: Study Reveals
- Why Internet of Things is the Next Big Thing for Tech Giants like Samsung, Google and Apple
- Instagram's Newest App Bolt Now Available Exclusively in New Zealand, Singapore and South Africa
- Megan Fox's Weight Loss Aided by Low Carb Paleo Diet: Benefits of the Diet