Xbox One Improved Hardware Planned, Retail Units Discussed and New Details for Halo 5: Guardians and Collection Emerge
By Gel Galang | July 11, 2014 12:56 PM EST
Microsoft may be hell-bent on improving the Xbox One hardware (potentially to bring its performance closer to its rival, the PS4) or it may be readying a new kind of software to be released in the future.
An attendee uses her smartphone in front of a giant Microsoft Xbox sign at the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo, known as E3, in Los Angeles, California June 11, 2014.
These are the possible steps the company could be taking behind the scenes, if a new job listing is to be believed.
The report suggests this may be Microsoft already moving towards studying the Xbox One's various trends via research for the next-generation hardware. This does not mean there will be a new Xbox One in just a few years. According to the source, it's natural to start conducting plans and studying the market's reception and use of the gaming console to see where the new hardware in the future will be coming from next.
'Halo: The Master Chief Collection' Gets More Features
The Rooster Teeth Expo had been a massive success for "Halo" fans and its team of developers, as a new trailer was released for the "Halo 2: Anniversary," which can be seen below.
New modes will also be made available for the "Halo 2 Anniversary," which is pretty much fan-favourite modes from other "Halo" games given a new remake. 343 Industries revealed a few of those modes, particularly these four ones:
— SWAT: From "Halo 3" and upgraded for "Halo 2," this mode features a no-shield, no-motion-tracker rule.
— Ricochet: It's like basketball with a mix of soccer "Halo"-style featured in "Halo 4," where players need to get the ball into the enemy goal.
— Infection: A zombie mode adapted from "Halo 3."
— Race: Coming from "Halo: Combat Evolved," this mode is a straight lift-off from the title, where players will be in a vehicle with the goal of hitting all checkpoints.
A lot of other new things will come with the "Halo 2 Anniversary" including a new vehicle already touted as the "Gungoose," which is the M274-M Ultra-Light All-Terrain Vehicle to mow down enemies with guns or wheels.
The "Master Chief Collection" was also given some love at the Rooster Teeth Expo, where the developers showed a few of the features that will come with the release. Fans were treated to a live build as well as a run-through of the campaign playlist features.
Those who want to listen in on the hour-long discussion of the "Halo" panel can also check out Xbox Wire's latest blog post here.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Xbox’s September Games with Gold Features Halo Reach As Halo 5: Guardians And Master Chief Collection Get Details
- ‘Minecraft Xbox One Edition’ Updates From Devs Plus More On Minecraft On The Xbox Platform
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ Delayed To November As ‘Rogue’ Gets More Story Details
- ‘Destiny’ Updates: Devs Talk About Raids and ‘Destiny’ Preorder And Preloading
- ‘GTA 5’ Online Updates Radio For PS4, Xbox One As Rockstar Brings Allies For New Sale
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying