Anderson Silva’s Message to the Brazilian Team: ‘Raise Your Head’
By Rachelle Corpuz | July 11, 2014 12:53 PM EST
Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) and Brazilian mixed martial artist Anderson Silva has a message for Neymar and the rest of the Brazilian team who was brutally crushed by the Germans with a 1-7 defeat in the semi-finals match at Estádio Mineirão, Belo Horizonte on July 8.
MMA: UFC 168-Weidman vs Silva
Silva published a message only a few minutes after Brazil lost to Germany, Globo.com reported. According to Silva, the Brazilian team shouldn't feel bad about losing its sixth World Cup title bid and instead, they should raise their heads up high. Silva imparted a great message that not only for the Brazilian team but for the fans who were also rooting for the host nation to win the 2014 FIFA World Cup.
"No one can know what happiness is if you have not gone through the disappointment," said Silva via online translation. "One can only savour the victory if he has felt the bitter defeat."
"Raise your head Brazilian team."
Silva said that the Brazilian team has done the best that they could and should not blame themselves in a sport where losing is part of the game. Instead, the UFC fighter said that the Brazilian team should learn from its recent defeat with "strength and honour."
Recently, Silva posted a video of her niece wishing Brazil's star striker Neymar a quick recovery.
Meanwhile, the former UFC middleweight champion has been training and conditioning his body six months after suffering a leg injury at UFC 168. In June, UFC reported that Silva has started doing some sparring sessions with his coach Edelson at Team Noguiera in Brazil. He reportedly targets a return in the octagon ring in early 2015. He still has eight more fights in his UFC contract.
Silva is one of the most successful Brazilian mixed martial artist in the history of UFC. He has one of the longest winning streak in the UFC. He successfully defended the middleweight title for 10 consecutive times. He had a 16-0 winning streak prior to losing to Chris Weidman in 2013.
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS