Anderson Silva’s Message to the Brazilian Team: ‘Raise Your Head’
By Rachelle Corpuz | July 11, 2014 12:53 PM EST
Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) and Brazilian mixed martial artist Anderson Silva has a message for Neymar and the rest of the Brazilian team who was brutally crushed by the Germans with a 1-7 defeat in the semi-finals match at Estádio Mineirão, Belo Horizonte on July 8.
MMA: UFC 168-Weidman vs Silva
Silva published a message only a few minutes after Brazil lost to Germany, Globo.com reported. According to Silva, the Brazilian team shouldn't feel bad about losing its sixth World Cup title bid and instead, they should raise their heads up high. Silva imparted a great message that not only for the Brazilian team but for the fans who were also rooting for the host nation to win the 2014 FIFA World Cup.
"No one can know what happiness is if you have not gone through the disappointment," said Silva via online translation. "One can only savour the victory if he has felt the bitter defeat."
"Raise your head Brazilian team."
Silva said that the Brazilian team has done the best that they could and should not blame themselves in a sport where losing is part of the game. Instead, the UFC fighter said that the Brazilian team should learn from its recent defeat with "strength and honour."
Recently, Silva posted a video of her niece wishing Brazil's star striker Neymar a quick recovery.
Meanwhile, the former UFC middleweight champion has been training and conditioning his body six months after suffering a leg injury at UFC 168. In June, UFC reported that Silva has started doing some sparring sessions with his coach Edelson at Team Noguiera in Brazil. He reportedly targets a return in the octagon ring in early 2015. He still has eight more fights in his UFC contract.
Silva is one of the most successful Brazilian mixed martial artist in the history of UFC. He has one of the longest winning streak in the UFC. He successfully defended the middleweight title for 10 consecutive times. He had a 16-0 winning streak prior to losing to Chris Weidman in 2013.
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
- Miranda Kerr Broke Her Silence: Not Pregnant With James Packard’s Baby [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Trading Jeremy Lin Was A Huge Mistake For Houston Rockets
- Roger Federer Dedicates 80th Career Title For His Kids
- Arsenal FC: Wenger Satisfied Despite Coming Out with a Draw against Besiktas
- Manny Pacquiao To Gauge KO Power Against Chris Algieri
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Mehdi Benatia and Alex Song in the Mix as Wenger Looks to 'Strengthen Defensive Department'
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6