Anderson Silva’s Message to the Brazilian Team: ‘Raise Your Head’
By Rachelle Corpuz | July 11, 2014 12:53 PM EST
Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) and Brazilian mixed martial artist Anderson Silva has a message for Neymar and the rest of the Brazilian team who was brutally crushed by the Germans with a 1-7 defeat in the semi-finals match at Estádio Mineirão, Belo Horizonte on July 8.
MMA: UFC 168-Weidman vs Silva
Silva published a message only a few minutes after Brazil lost to Germany, Globo.com reported. According to Silva, the Brazilian team shouldn't feel bad about losing its sixth World Cup title bid and instead, they should raise their heads up high. Silva imparted a great message that not only for the Brazilian team but for the fans who were also rooting for the host nation to win the 2014 FIFA World Cup.
"No one can know what happiness is if you have not gone through the disappointment," said Silva via online translation. "One can only savour the victory if he has felt the bitter defeat."
"Raise your head Brazilian team."
Silva said that the Brazilian team has done the best that they could and should not blame themselves in a sport where losing is part of the game. Instead, the UFC fighter said that the Brazilian team should learn from its recent defeat with "strength and honour."
Recently, Silva posted a video of her niece wishing Brazil's star striker Neymar a quick recovery.
Meanwhile, the former UFC middleweight champion has been training and conditioning his body six months after suffering a leg injury at UFC 168. In June, UFC reported that Silva has started doing some sparring sessions with his coach Edelson at Team Noguiera in Brazil. He reportedly targets a return in the octagon ring in early 2015. He still has eight more fights in his UFC contract.
Silva is one of the most successful Brazilian mixed martial artist in the history of UFC. He has one of the longest winning streak in the UFC. He successfully defended the middleweight title for 10 consecutive times. He had a 16-0 winning streak prior to losing to Chris Weidman in 2013.
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 2014 Davis Cup Final: Switzerland Vs. France - Roger Federer Vs. Gael Monfils Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Michael Schumacher Update: Rep Responds To Streiff’s Comments—‘He’s Neither A Friend Nor Has He Ever Visited Him’
- LA Lakers: Kobe Bryant Attributes Past Outburst Against Dwight Howard To 'Heat Of The Moment,' Doesn't Feel The Same Way As Durant Does
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- Boxing News: Freddie Roach Not Buying Into Arum's Claim Of Pacquiao v Mayweather In 2015, Claims 'Money' Will Say 'No' After Algieri Fight
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top 9 TV Deals Starting From $99 To $899
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- Julie Bishop Condemns Barack Obama For Overlooking Australia’s Commitment in Protecting Great Barrier Reef