Transformers 5 Plot Speculation: Optimus Prime in Search of the Creators
By Sachin Trivedi | July 11, 2014 12:34 PM EST
The ending of the latest movie from the franchise drops hints at the possible plot of the upcoming "Transformers" 5 movie. The movie is expected to be released by 2017. The success of the latest movie from the franchise at the box office has put huge expectations from the upcoming movie.
Cast member Li Bingbing poses for pictures before the European premiere of the movie "Transformers: Age of Extinction" in Berlin June 29, 2014. REUTERS/Thomas Peter
"Transformers: Age of Extinction" was reported to be the start of a new trilogy. According to a report by CNN, the star actor of the movie Mark Wahlberg said that the movie was "bigger and better." Fans can expect some of the story elements and cast to be carried forward in the next two films from the franchise.
Movie buffs who have seen "Transformers: Age of Extinction" should note that Optimus Prime had said that he will not be helping the human race again. Towards the end of the movie he was seen travelling towards deep space in search of his creators.
Does this mean that "Transformers" 5 will be based entirely in space or on an alien planet? Not necessarily, readers should note that a new version of Megatron is free on Earth. Galvatron can be expected to rebuild his army again to take on the Autobots. Some fans hope to see the return of some of their favourite Decepticons like starscream.
According to a report by Box Office Mojo, "Transformers" 4 has reportedly crossed over $600 million worldwide in box office collection. Although the movie is a hit at the box office it has been pointed out by critics that the movie has relied heavily on the graphics and the action for its success and does not have a strong plot.
There is very little role for people in "Transformers" 4 with the robots occupying a lot of space in the movie. Mark Wahlberg is expected to continue with his role as Cade Yeager, the inventor. The role of a young man championing good relations with the Autobots was previously played by Shia LeBouf.
Some elements expected by the fans in "Transformers" 5 are space battles, return of Stanley Tucci with more humour, detailed look at Cybertron and more action from the Dinobots. The Dinobots were used extensively in the promos of the movie but fans got to see them very briefly in action towards the end of the movie.
More Articles to Read
Fast and Furious 7 Release Date Changed - Paul Walker's Daughter Posts a Pic on the Beach [Read]
Jurassic World Leaked Photo from the Set Shows a Bloody Hand [Read]
Hobbit 3 Trailer to be Released in October Confirms Producer Peter Jackson [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Hilarious Reactions For Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Secret Wedding: George Clooney, Jennifer Aniston, Billy Bob Thornton
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Episode 6 Spoilers: Next Week Tests Relationships And Sees A Shocking Exit
- Mila Kunis-Ashton Kutcher Baby; Actor ‘Not Letting Mila Out Of His Sight’
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Exclusive New Trailer, Charlie Hunnam Is Guy Ritchie’s Choice For King Arthur [VIDEO]
- ‘Castle’ Update: Watch Stana Katic, Jon, Seamus Take Bucket Challenge At Season 7 Set, Nathan Fillion Missing [VIDEOS]
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique