Transformers 5 Plot Speculation: Optimus Prime in Search of the Creators
By Sachin Trivedi | July 11, 2014 12:34 PM EST
The ending of the latest movie from the franchise drops hints at the possible plot of the upcoming "Transformers" 5 movie. The movie is expected to be released by 2017. The success of the latest movie from the franchise at the box office has put huge expectations from the upcoming movie.
Cast member Li Bingbing poses for pictures before the European premiere of the movie "Transformers: Age of Extinction" in Berlin June 29, 2014. REUTERS/Thomas Peter
"Transformers: Age of Extinction" was reported to be the start of a new trilogy. According to a report by CNN, the star actor of the movie Mark Wahlberg said that the movie was "bigger and better." Fans can expect some of the story elements and cast to be carried forward in the next two films from the franchise.
Movie buffs who have seen "Transformers: Age of Extinction" should note that Optimus Prime had said that he will not be helping the human race again. Towards the end of the movie he was seen travelling towards deep space in search of his creators.
Does this mean that "Transformers" 5 will be based entirely in space or on an alien planet? Not necessarily, readers should note that a new version of Megatron is free on Earth. Galvatron can be expected to rebuild his army again to take on the Autobots. Some fans hope to see the return of some of their favourite Decepticons like starscream.
According to a report by Box Office Mojo, "Transformers" 4 has reportedly crossed over $600 million worldwide in box office collection. Although the movie is a hit at the box office it has been pointed out by critics that the movie has relied heavily on the graphics and the action for its success and does not have a strong plot.
There is very little role for people in "Transformers" 4 with the robots occupying a lot of space in the movie. Mark Wahlberg is expected to continue with his role as Cade Yeager, the inventor. The role of a young man championing good relations with the Autobots was previously played by Shia LeBouf.
Some elements expected by the fans in "Transformers" 5 are space battles, return of Stanley Tucci with more humour, detailed look at Cybertron and more action from the Dinobots. The Dinobots were used extensively in the promos of the movie but fans got to see them very briefly in action towards the end of the movie.
More Articles to Read
Fast and Furious 7 Release Date Changed - Paul Walker's Daughter Posts a Pic on the Beach [Read]
Jurassic World Leaked Photo from the Set Shows a Bloody Hand [Read]
Hobbit 3 Trailer to be Released in October Confirms Producer Peter Jackson [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales