Nokia XL vs. Lumia 525 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | July 11, 2014 12:21 PM EST
For readers who are considering buying the Nokia XL or the Lumia 525, here is a specs and price comparison between the two devices in Australia. The comparison could help readers make an informed decision.
Display and Design
The Nokia XL comes with a 5-inch IPS LCD capacitive touch screen, rendering 480 x 800 pixels resolution. The Lumia 525 comes with a 4-inch IPS LCD capacitive touch screen, rendering 480 x 800 pixels resolution.
The Lumia 525 is the clear winner in this category with 233 PPi pixels display density compared to the 187 ppi pixels display density on the Nokia XL.
The Nokia XL comes with 141.4 x 77.7 x 10.9 mm dimensions and weighs 190 grams. The Lumia 525 comes with 119.9 x 64 x 9.9 mm dimensions and weighs 124 grams.
Hardware and Operating System
The Nokia XL is equipped with a 1 GHz dual core cortex A5 processor and Qualcomm MSM8225 Snapdragon S4 Play chipset. It comes with 4 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 32 GB using a Micro SD card.
The Lumia 525 is equipped with a 1 GHz dual core processor and Qualcomm MSM8227 chipset. It comes with 8 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 64 GB using a Micro SD card.
The Nokia XL runs on the Android Jelly Bean operating system and has 768 MB of RAM. The Lumia 525 runs on the Microsoft Windows Phone 8 Black operating system and has 1 GB of RAM. In terms of computing power both the devices are about the same.
The Nokia XL sports a 5 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 2 MP. The Lumia 525 sports a 5 MP camera with autofocus and does not have a secondary camera.
The Nokia XL comes with a Li-Ion 2000 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 13 hours on 3G or music play of about 37 hours. The Lumia 525 comes with a Li-Ion 1430 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 10 hours and 40 minutes on 3G or music play of about 48 hours.
Price in Australia
The Nokia XL Dual SIM is priced at around AU $209.95 and the Lumia 525 is priced at around AU $189.95 in Australia.
Nokia XL vs. Motorola Moto E Specs and Price Comparison in Australia [Read]
LG L90 vs. LG G2 Mini Specs and Price Comparison in Australia [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- The Pirate Bay Operations: 21 Virtual Machines Are Used To Run The File-sharing Website
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- New Samsung Galaxy S5 Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Released, Verizon Guide and Installation