Apple Inc. Seen to Have Strong Q3; iPhone 6, iWatch Launch Part of Company's 'Year of Innovation'
By Reissa Su | July 11, 2014 12:02 PM EST
Suppliers of Apple Inc. had a strong June quarter which analysts believe is a positive sign for the company too. According to reports, analysts continue to look ahead for Apple's expected product releases in the fall.
A woman looks at the screen of her mobile phone in front of an Apple logo outside its store in downtown Shanghai September 10, 2013.
Cantor Fitzgerald analyst Brian White said in his Apple Barometer report that suppliers' sales in early June show better "historical seasonality." White said 97 per cent of sales of Apple from the companies in his barometer have made it. Top suppliers from Taiwan that generated the bulk of their sales from Apple were included in the barometer. As a result, Apple's Taiwanese suppliers enjoyed higher stock gains.
White continued to describe 2014 as the "Year of Innovation" for Apple. He highlighted the importance of the company's future product launch and referred to it as Apple's "Fab Fall." The analyst noted that criticism has been directed at Apple in the last 18 months as rival smartphone makers have released smartphones with larger displays. Apple has yet to release an iPhone with a screen size beyond 4 inches.
White said Apple investors were becoming concerned about the company's lack of innovation. According to the analyst, the perceived lack of innovation and Apple's failure to release a bigger iPhone display has affected the company's valuation.
White has noted in his report that his visits to China has highlighted Apple's slowing momentum. He has observed the rise of "mega-sized smartphones" and blames the trend for Apple's slowdown. However, he believes Apple's iPhone 6 will have a larger display than its predecessors and predicts a successful launch. He discovered that smartphone consumers have a "mega-sized appetite" for the iPhone 6. In addition to the iPhone 6, White said the iWatch will also boost Apple's growth throughout the year.
Apple Inc is widely expected to release a wearable device as the industry is projected to grow with the entry of Google's Android Wear. The iWatch is said to focus on health and fitness applications. According to analyst reports, health applications are still considered as significant selling points for the iWatch, but analysts predict a voice messaging app could make Apple's wearable device the next big thing in the market.
White rated Apple stock as a "Buy" with a price target of $111.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Prince George Birthday: Adorable New Pictures of George Touching a Butterfly on William's Hand Released [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier to Give $5,000 Assistance to Victims’ Families; Bankruptcy Looms as 2 Air Mishaps Would Cost Firm Minimum $80.55 M Compensation
- Foxconn And Pegatron Corp Readies For Apple's iPhone 6 Mass Production This Month
- KFC & McDonald’s Accused of Serving ‘Expired’ Meat to Customers
- Malaysian Airlines Ukraine Tragedy Hits Asian Stock Markets
- California Fruits Recalled in USA and Canada for Possible Listeria Contamination
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- NVIDIA Shield Gaming Tablet with Tegra K1 SoC Reported to be Released on July 29
- BlackBerry Passport Video Leak, Release Date, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate [Watch YouTube Clip] --Reports