Solange Breaks Her Silence after Elevator Scandal, Beyonce & Jay Z Cheating & Divorce Allegations
By Riza Ornos | July 11, 2014 11:13 AM EST
After months of speculation on the real reason behind the infamous MET Gala elevator brawl, Solange Knowles finally broke her silence after she made a joint statement with Beyonce and Jay Z.
"What's important is that my family and I are all good," she said in her latest interview in Lucky Magazine's August cover.
Singer Solange Knowles arrives for the Council of Fashion Designers of America Awards (CFDA) at Lincoln Center in New York, June 2, 2014.
The trio stayed radio silent for several days after TMZ leaked the elevator incident that shows the younger Knowles hitting and kicking her sister's husband. Released on May 12, the three-minute video footage was taken inside a lift at the standard Hotel after they attended the MET Gala Ball a week earlier in New York.
The interview with the magazine happened after two weeks the celebrity gossip Web site published the leaked elevator video and as much as she want to focus on other things Solange stick with their joint statement when asked about the elevator incident. "What we had to say collectively was in the statement that we put out, and we all feel at peace with that," she added.
The video started a lot of divorce and cheating speculations between a once happy couple, but after the elevator brawl power couple Beyonce and Jay Z proved to everyone that they are not the perfect couple that everyone thought. The rapper was allegedly flirting with Rachel Ray that made Solange furious and calls the incident "that thing" during her talk with the magazine.
"Granted, she claims that she and her family are 'good', but she doesn't say anything Beyonce and Jay-Z," Celebdirty Laundry reports. "This could have been a perfect time for her to clear up all those divorce rumors, especially since most of them started because of her attack in the first place. But instead of even mentioning Jay-Z's and Beyonce's relationship, she's just falling back on her old statement."
The 28-year-old also talked about her childhood and her involvement as a dancer with Destiny's Child, and her music influences. She even discussed the values she learned from her parents and their unconditional love they have for each other but she never mentioned Beyonce and Jay Z and her reason for attacking the rapper.
After the video was leaked, there are reports about Solange being drunk and "displaying erratic behavior," but the singer/songwriter denied all these claims according to their joint statement. She recently performed at Coachella music festival in the U.S. where the "Drunk on Love" singer joined her onstage as a surprise guest appearance.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Prince Harry Somber - Reports
- Beyonce &Jay Z Marriage Story: Bey Not Attracted to Jay, Married Him for Professional Growth - Reports
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- Khloe Kardashian Feels her Failed Marriage with Lamar Odom Helped Cause Rob Kardashian's Depression
- Andy Roddick and Mardy Fish Can't Play in the U.S. Open Due to Drug Testing Issues
- Billy Bob Thornton Want to Play Hodor in Game Of Thrones
- Fukushima Radiation Tests on Waters Along U.S. Coast Yield Negative Results
- Zac Efron Equates Boozing to a Social Stimulant, Admits Why He Checked into Rehab Last Year
- Celebrities Who Stripped Naked for Women's Health