Solange Breaks Her Silence after Elevator Scandal, Beyonce & Jay Z Cheating & Divorce Allegations
By Riza Ornos | July 11, 2014 11:13 AM EST
After months of speculation on the real reason behind the infamous MET Gala elevator brawl, Solange Knowles finally broke her silence after she made a joint statement with Beyonce and Jay Z.
"What's important is that my family and I are all good," she said in her latest interview in Lucky Magazine's August cover.
Singer Solange Knowles arrives for the Council of Fashion Designers of America Awards (CFDA) at Lincoln Center in New York, June 2, 2014.
The trio stayed radio silent for several days after TMZ leaked the elevator incident that shows the younger Knowles hitting and kicking her sister's husband. Released on May 12, the three-minute video footage was taken inside a lift at the standard Hotel after they attended the MET Gala Ball a week earlier in New York.
The interview with the magazine happened after two weeks the celebrity gossip Web site published the leaked elevator video and as much as she want to focus on other things Solange stick with their joint statement when asked about the elevator incident. "What we had to say collectively was in the statement that we put out, and we all feel at peace with that," she added.
The video started a lot of divorce and cheating speculations between a once happy couple, but after the elevator brawl power couple Beyonce and Jay Z proved to everyone that they are not the perfect couple that everyone thought. The rapper was allegedly flirting with Rachel Ray that made Solange furious and calls the incident "that thing" during her talk with the magazine.
"Granted, she claims that she and her family are 'good', but she doesn't say anything Beyonce and Jay-Z," Celebdirty Laundry reports. "This could have been a perfect time for her to clear up all those divorce rumors, especially since most of them started because of her attack in the first place. But instead of even mentioning Jay-Z's and Beyonce's relationship, she's just falling back on her old statement."
The 28-year-old also talked about her childhood and her involvement as a dancer with Destiny's Child, and her music influences. She even discussed the values she learned from her parents and their unconditional love they have for each other but she never mentioned Beyonce and Jay Z and her reason for attacking the rapper.
After the video was leaked, there are reports about Solange being drunk and "displaying erratic behavior," but the singer/songwriter denied all these claims according to their joint statement. She recently performed at Coachella music festival in the U.S. where the "Drunk on Love" singer joined her onstage as a surprise guest appearance.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- Mark Ruffalo Turns Into Hulk For His Daughter And Another Preschooler
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- 'Revenge' Season 4 Spoilers: Daniel, Emily In Twisted Friendship; David Clarke Mystery Growing (Review, Updates)
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James