Novak Djokovic and Jelena Ristic Married in a Private Ceremony in Montenegro; Sharapova and Becker Among the Guests
By Rachelle Corpuz | July 11, 2014 11:12 AM EST
Novak Djokovic has married his long-time and pregnant fiancée Jelena Ristic in a private ceremony at Sveti Stefan in Montenegro on July 10.
The wedding was held under a marble done that was reportedly built for the occasion, Serbian press Blic Online reported. The ceremony was quick. It started at 6 o'clock and lasted for only 30 minutes. A church wedding is expected to take place on July 12.
Athletes with Abusive Coaches Tend to Cheat More.
Contrary to initial reports claiming that Andy Murray will be Djokovic's best man, his childhood friend and Serbian footballer Servet Neven Markovic served as his best man. Among the guests include Maria Sharapova, Victor Troicki, Nenad Zimonjic, and Janko Tipsarevic. Djokovic's coach Boris Becker made sure he would not miss the event, who came with his wife Lilly. The Serbian's conditioning coach Gebhard Phil Gri and wife were also in attendance.
Strict security was implemented during the ceremony. According to reports, there were police officers patrolling the area via speedboats. The guests, who reportedly arrived in black limousines, had to get past private security just to get to the main site of the ceremony.
Recently, it has been reported that the British magazine Hello has paid half a million for the exclusive rights of the photos from the wedding and that the money will go to charity. Blic Online has obtained some exclusive snaps here.
Djokovic and Ristic have met while they were still in high school. Djokovic and Ristic have been together for eight years. They got engaged in September 2013.
Ristic is six months pregnant now and expecting a baby boy, The Epoch Times reported.
Prior the wedding, Djokovic told the Daily Mail that they were blissful for the "new chapter in their lives." He even reportedly asked Roger Federer for some parental advice.
"For us, it's a new chapter of our lives," said Djokovic.
"We're full of joy."
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales