Novak Djokovic and Jelena Ristic Married in a Private Ceremony in Montenegro; Sharapova and Becker Among the Guests
By Rachelle Corpuz | July 11, 2014 11:12 AM EST
Novak Djokovic has married his long-time and pregnant fiancée Jelena Ristic in a private ceremony at Sveti Stefan in Montenegro on July 10.
The wedding was held under a marble done that was reportedly built for the occasion, Serbian press Blic Online reported. The ceremony was quick. It started at 6 o'clock and lasted for only 30 minutes. A church wedding is expected to take place on July 12.
Athletes with Abusive Coaches Tend to Cheat More.
Contrary to initial reports claiming that Andy Murray will be Djokovic's best man, his childhood friend and Serbian footballer Servet Neven Markovic served as his best man. Among the guests include Maria Sharapova, Victor Troicki, Nenad Zimonjic, and Janko Tipsarevic. Djokovic's coach Boris Becker made sure he would not miss the event, who came with his wife Lilly. The Serbian's conditioning coach Gebhard Phil Gri and wife were also in attendance.
Strict security was implemented during the ceremony. According to reports, there were police officers patrolling the area via speedboats. The guests, who reportedly arrived in black limousines, had to get past private security just to get to the main site of the ceremony.
Recently, it has been reported that the British magazine Hello has paid half a million for the exclusive rights of the photos from the wedding and that the money will go to charity. Blic Online has obtained some exclusive snaps here.
Djokovic and Ristic have met while they were still in high school. Djokovic and Ristic have been together for eight years. They got engaged in September 2013.
Ristic is six months pregnant now and expecting a baby boy, The Epoch Times reported.
Prior the wedding, Djokovic told the Daily Mail that they were blissful for the "new chapter in their lives." He even reportedly asked Roger Federer for some parental advice.
"For us, it's a new chapter of our lives," said Djokovic.
"We're full of joy."
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Final: USA Vs. Serbia Live Streaming Info, Key Players And Preview
- The Rock Reveals He And John Cena Nearly Fought Backstage [VIDEO]
- Manchester United News: Man Utd. vs QPR Preview
- Maria Sharapova And Grigor Dimitrov Break Up News
- Reports Indicate Mayweather Has 2 Girlfriends: Bad Medina & Liza Hernandez
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date