Novak Djokovic and Jelena Ristic Married in a Private Ceremony in Montenegro; Sharapova and Becker Among the Guests
By Rachelle Corpuz | July 11, 2014 11:12 AM EST
Novak Djokovic has married his long-time and pregnant fiancée Jelena Ristic in a private ceremony at Sveti Stefan in Montenegro on July 10.
The wedding was held under a marble done that was reportedly built for the occasion, Serbian press Blic Online reported. The ceremony was quick. It started at 6 o'clock and lasted for only 30 minutes. A church wedding is expected to take place on July 12.
Athletes with Abusive Coaches Tend to Cheat More.
Contrary to initial reports claiming that Andy Murray will be Djokovic's best man, his childhood friend and Serbian footballer Servet Neven Markovic served as his best man. Among the guests include Maria Sharapova, Victor Troicki, Nenad Zimonjic, and Janko Tipsarevic. Djokovic's coach Boris Becker made sure he would not miss the event, who came with his wife Lilly. The Serbian's conditioning coach Gebhard Phil Gri and wife were also in attendance.
Strict security was implemented during the ceremony. According to reports, there were police officers patrolling the area via speedboats. The guests, who reportedly arrived in black limousines, had to get past private security just to get to the main site of the ceremony.
Recently, it has been reported that the British magazine Hello has paid half a million for the exclusive rights of the photos from the wedding and that the money will go to charity. Blic Online has obtained some exclusive snaps here.
Djokovic and Ristic have met while they were still in high school. Djokovic and Ristic have been together for eight years. They got engaged in September 2013.
Ristic is six months pregnant now and expecting a baby boy, The Epoch Times reported.
Prior the wedding, Djokovic told the Daily Mail that they were blissful for the "new chapter in their lives." He even reportedly asked Roger Federer for some parental advice.
"For us, it's a new chapter of our lives," said Djokovic.
"We're full of joy."
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu