Novak Djokovic and Jelena Ristic Married in a Private Ceremony in Montenegro; Sharapova and Becker Among the Guests
By Rachelle Corpuz | July 11, 2014 11:12 AM EST
Novak Djokovic has married his long-time and pregnant fiancée Jelena Ristic in a private ceremony at Sveti Stefan in Montenegro on July 10.
The wedding was held under a marble done that was reportedly built for the occasion, Serbian press Blic Online reported. The ceremony was quick. It started at 6 o'clock and lasted for only 30 minutes. A church wedding is expected to take place on July 12.
Athletes with Abusive Coaches Tend to Cheat More.
Contrary to initial reports claiming that Andy Murray will be Djokovic's best man, his childhood friend and Serbian footballer Servet Neven Markovic served as his best man. Among the guests include Maria Sharapova, Victor Troicki, Nenad Zimonjic, and Janko Tipsarevic. Djokovic's coach Boris Becker made sure he would not miss the event, who came with his wife Lilly. The Serbian's conditioning coach Gebhard Phil Gri and wife were also in attendance.
Strict security was implemented during the ceremony. According to reports, there were police officers patrolling the area via speedboats. The guests, who reportedly arrived in black limousines, had to get past private security just to get to the main site of the ceremony.
Recently, it has been reported that the British magazine Hello has paid half a million for the exclusive rights of the photos from the wedding and that the money will go to charity. Blic Online has obtained some exclusive snaps here.
Djokovic and Ristic have met while they were still in high school. Djokovic and Ristic have been together for eight years. They got engaged in September 2013.
Ristic is six months pregnant now and expecting a baby boy, The Epoch Times reported.
Prior the wedding, Djokovic told the Daily Mail that they were blissful for the "new chapter in their lives." He even reportedly asked Roger Federer for some parental advice.
"For us, it's a new chapter of our lives," said Djokovic.
"We're full of joy."
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Boxing Analyst John Scully Says Floyd Mayweather Is Slipping But Manny Pacquiao Won’t Win In Super Fight In 2015
- Freddie Roach Provoking ‘Washed-Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr., Says Manny Pacquiao Will KO Undefeated American
- Sharapova, Halep, Ivanovic, Wozniacki, Kvitova, Radwanska, Kerber Make Early Commitment To Stuttgart Open
- ‘Floyd Rhymes With Avoid,’ Says Manny Pacquiao
- 2014 Dancing With The Stars Australia: Former AFL Star David Rodan Declared Winner
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid