Novak Djokovic and Jelena Ristic Married in a Private Ceremony in Montenegro; Sharapova and Becker Among the Guests
By Rachelle Corpuz | July 11, 2014 11:12 AM EST
Novak Djokovic has married his long-time and pregnant fiancée Jelena Ristic in a private ceremony at Sveti Stefan in Montenegro on July 10.
The wedding was held under a marble done that was reportedly built for the occasion, Serbian press Blic Online reported. The ceremony was quick. It started at 6 o'clock and lasted for only 30 minutes. A church wedding is expected to take place on July 12.
Athletes with Abusive Coaches Tend to Cheat More.
Contrary to initial reports claiming that Andy Murray will be Djokovic's best man, his childhood friend and Serbian footballer Servet Neven Markovic served as his best man. Among the guests include Maria Sharapova, Victor Troicki, Nenad Zimonjic, and Janko Tipsarevic. Djokovic's coach Boris Becker made sure he would not miss the event, who came with his wife Lilly. The Serbian's conditioning coach Gebhard Phil Gri and wife were also in attendance.
Strict security was implemented during the ceremony. According to reports, there were police officers patrolling the area via speedboats. The guests, who reportedly arrived in black limousines, had to get past private security just to get to the main site of the ceremony.
Recently, it has been reported that the British magazine Hello has paid half a million for the exclusive rights of the photos from the wedding and that the money will go to charity. Blic Online has obtained some exclusive snaps here.
Djokovic and Ristic have met while they were still in high school. Djokovic and Ristic have been together for eight years. They got engaged in September 2013.
Ristic is six months pregnant now and expecting a baby boy, The Epoch Times reported.
Prior the wedding, Djokovic told the Daily Mail that they were blissful for the "new chapter in their lives." He even reportedly asked Roger Federer for some parental advice.
"For us, it's a new chapter of our lives," said Djokovic.
"We're full of joy."
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin, Chandler Parsons React To 'Role Players' Label By James Harden
- 2014 Commonwealth Games Medal Tally: Games are Through Day 5 and Australia Continues to Dominate Count; Day 5 Highlights
- Roger Federer Not That Good If Different Surfaces Were To Exist – Giles Simon
- Commonwealth Games 2014 Live Stream: Athletics, Swimming Schedule & Results
- Dan Bilzerian Opens Up to Howard Stern, Poker Pro Admits He Once Had Sex with 16 Women in 12 Days
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal