NFL Pre-Season MVP Award: Tom Brady Dissed, 'Not In Top 5' Peyton Manning Ranks First
By Tanya Diente | July 11, 2014 11:05 AM EST
Tom Brady has been dissed with reports claiming he no longer belongs in the NFL's top five quarterback choice for its pre-season MVP favourites, betting on Peyton Manning instead to be this year's MVP award winner.
Washington Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III scrambles against the Philadelphia Eagles' defense during the second half of their NFL football game in Landover, Maryland in this file photo from September 9, 2013.
The New England Patriots quarterback is no longer among NFL's top five quarterback, says a report from washingtonpost. Laying down his stats would provide explanation to this claim.
Tom Brady ranked 11th last season. Although he completed the fourth most passes for the sixth most yards, he was outside the top ten for touchdowns. He also didn't make it to the top ten for quarterback rating, having only a percentage of 87.3.
He also ranked seventh in terms of throwing catchable passes for his team's receivers, with a percentage score of 70.8, compared to Peyton Manning's 72.3.percentage where he ranks at the top five.
Passing attempts landed Brady at the tenth place with four touchdowns and four interceptions. Unfortunately, he only managed to complete 22 out of 75 passes for 774 yards, while other quarterbacks managed to complete 50.
However, contrary to reports that Tom Brady is no longer in the top five, a list from foxsports proves otherwise.
Foxsports provided a full list of the top 40 prospects for the NFL's 2014 MVP odds, where it clearly shows Tom Brady has dropped to one spot. In 2013, Brady landed top three. The recent reveal now ranks him fourth on the list at 9-1.
Meanwhile, Peyton Manning has been deemed favourite and likely to win NFL's 2014 MVP Award.
The list shows he ranks first at 3-1 odds, a repeat of his 2013 ranking where he also ended up taking home the 2013 NFL MVP award. In an interview with NFL's Lindsay Rhodes, Manning said his performance with the AFC Champion Denver Broncos last year was better than his performance in 2012.
" I certainly felt more comfortable in the Broncos' offense last year compared to my first year, hopefully I can be even more comfortable, can be more on the same page with our receivers this year," he said.
Peyton Manning certainly took a big leap in terms of his odds at an MVP award. According to NFL.com, Manning made it halfway on the Top 100 in 2012, landing him at rank 50. However, 2013 catapulted him to the first rank and this year he's back to the top again.
Source:YouTube/ Joey Hickmann
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin Should Be Ready to Start for Los Angeles Lakers as Steve Nash Confirms Retirement
- Manchester United Transfer News: Arturo Vidal Leaving Juventus for the Red Devils Gaining Momentum
- Roger Federer Forced to Take Down Children's Play Area on his Property in Valbella
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Striker Disappointed with Cesc Fabregas Sale to Chelsea
- 5 Sports Stars Who are Also Into Other Sports
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8