NFL Pre-Season MVP Award: Tom Brady Dissed, 'Not In Top 5' Peyton Manning Ranks First
By Tanya Diente | July 11, 2014 11:05 AM EST
Tom Brady has been dissed with reports claiming he no longer belongs in the NFL's top five quarterback choice for its pre-season MVP favourites, betting on Peyton Manning instead to be this year's MVP award winner.
Washington Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III scrambles against the Philadelphia Eagles' defense during the second half of their NFL football game in Landover, Maryland in this file photo from September 9, 2013.
The New England Patriots quarterback is no longer among NFL's top five quarterback, says a report from washingtonpost. Laying down his stats would provide explanation to this claim.
Tom Brady ranked 11th last season. Although he completed the fourth most passes for the sixth most yards, he was outside the top ten for touchdowns. He also didn't make it to the top ten for quarterback rating, having only a percentage of 87.3.
He also ranked seventh in terms of throwing catchable passes for his team's receivers, with a percentage score of 70.8, compared to Peyton Manning's 72.3.percentage where he ranks at the top five.
Passing attempts landed Brady at the tenth place with four touchdowns and four interceptions. Unfortunately, he only managed to complete 22 out of 75 passes for 774 yards, while other quarterbacks managed to complete 50.
However, contrary to reports that Tom Brady is no longer in the top five, a list from foxsports proves otherwise.
Foxsports provided a full list of the top 40 prospects for the NFL's 2014 MVP odds, where it clearly shows Tom Brady has dropped to one spot. In 2013, Brady landed top three. The recent reveal now ranks him fourth on the list at 9-1.
Meanwhile, Peyton Manning has been deemed favourite and likely to win NFL's 2014 MVP Award.
The list shows he ranks first at 3-1 odds, a repeat of his 2013 ranking where he also ended up taking home the 2013 NFL MVP award. In an interview with NFL's Lindsay Rhodes, Manning said his performance with the AFC Champion Denver Broncos last year was better than his performance in 2012.
" I certainly felt more comfortable in the Broncos' offense last year compared to my first year, hopefully I can be even more comfortable, can be more on the same page with our receivers this year," he said.
Peyton Manning certainly took a big leap in terms of his odds at an MVP award. According to NFL.com, Manning made it halfway on the Top 100 in 2012, landing him at rank 50. However, 2013 catapulted him to the first rank and this year he's back to the top again.
Source:YouTube/ Joey Hickmann
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Roger Federer Regains Deadly Service Game - Andy Roddick
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown