U.S. Mother Suffocates Child to Death & Posts Corpse Photo on Facebook
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | July 11, 2014 10:35 AM EST
A U.S. mother suffocated her baby son to death and posted photos of the corpse on Facebook.
Nicole Kelly posted the photo of her 11-month baby Kiam Felin Jr. on Facebook with a title "RIP Rinkabutt." She also admitted on the social networking Web site that she had "failed" to protect her child. The 22-year-old mother from New York has now been charged with second degree murder.
A smartphone user logs into his Facebook account in Rio de Janeiro April 15, 2013.
Little Kiam was declared dead after he was taken to hospital on Sunday, July 6. Kelly and Kiam Felin Sr. (the father of her child), who live separately, took Kiam to Elmhurst Hospital after the mother had left the baby alone for half an hour to die. According to one of the neighbours, when Kiam Sr. arrived at Kelly's house, there was a lot of shouting. The father was, however, not charged for any offence. The neighbour apparently overheard him shouting that the baby was not breathing.
According to officials, Kelly put a sheet over the face of her baby and tucked little Kiam into bed. Even though she saw him struggle under the sheet, she kept him like that for the next half an hour. She left him alone and came back later only to find him dead. Little Kiam who was full of life minutes ago was "blue and unresponsive."
It is speculated that the photo she posted on Facebook actually featured the corpse of her baby as it was wearing the same dress when it was killed. Kelly left a message on Facebook along with the photo she shared. "Missing my baby boy so much wish there was some way I could bring him back to life," she wrote. "I feel horrible knowing he passed away Am his Mother I was supposed to protect him I know his spirit will always be around me."
Kelly earlier complained on Facebook that her baby was getting more difficult to manage as he was becoming more active.
Contact the writer: s.mukhopadhyay@IBTimes.com.au
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Celebrities Whose Life Changed Because of Sexual Abuse and Molestation
Join the Conversation
- 2014 Meteor Shower: Where and How to Best View Delta Aquarids Meteor Shower Peak on July 28 and 29
- iPhone 6 releasing Soon, Use Old Smartphones to Save Rainforest
- Prince George’s Birthday Celebrations: Prince Charles and Duchess Camilla to Remain Absent from Grandson's First Birthday Party Plus Other Details- Report
- Happy Birthday Prince George: 5 Things to Know About Kate Middleton and Prince William’s Son
- Jeremy Meeks Death Hoax: Handsome Felon's Fake Death after Release from Jail Goes Viral
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $499 Comes With 5.5-Inch Quad HD Display, Snapdragon 805 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People