Gone Girl Movie Official Trailer: Promo Video Draws 600K YouTube Views, Ben Affleck in 3 of Best Reasons to See the Film Adaptation of Popular Novel
By Arlene Paredes | July 11, 2014 3:32 AM EST
The latest "Gone Girl" trailer is two days old in 20th Century Fox's account on YouTube. In such a short time, the promo video has already drawn over 600,000 views. Here are three reasons to see the movie, which stars Ben Affleck and Rosamund Pike.
Actor, writer and director Ben Affleck testifies before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee on Capitol Hill in Washington in this file photo taken February 26, 2014. Affleck was banned earlier this week from playing blackjack at the Hard Rock Casino in Las Vegas because he was "too good," a source close to the Oscar-winner said on Friday.
"Gone Girl" is a 2012 mystery thriller from author Gillian Flynn, who also wrote the movie's screenplay. The film is directed by David Fincher and produced by Reese Witherspoon. Rosamund Pike plays the titular character, the wife who has gone missing, Amy Dunne. Ben Affleck plays Nick Dunne, the husband who gets caught in a real life media drama and trial.
Watch the trailer below or check it out on YouTube. Here are three reasons to see the Gone Girl movie:
1. You have read Gillian Flynn's book. Reese Witherspoon was looking for a material with "great female characters" when she decided to produce the Gone Girl movie, The Hollywood Reporter noted. The novel has become a bestseller for the same reason, but mostly because Flynn's narrative is so compelling, that it grips the reader from the get go to the last page.
There is always a chance that the movie version could "ruin" the book reading experience. But since Gillian Flynn herself wrote the Gone Girl movie script, some book readers would want to see how this author would use the big screen to expose her characters' lives.
"Of course, the script has to be different from the book in some ways-you have to find a way to externalize all those internal thoughts and you have to do more with less room and you just don't have room for everything. But the mood, tone and spirit of the book are very much intact," Flynn said on Reddit.
2. You do not like Ben Affleck to play Nick Dunne, the man who may or may not have killed his wife. For some critics and haters, Ben Affleck is not the right lead actor for the Gone Girl movie. Could the actor prove them wrong? Critics and haters should watch the entire movie to find out if they were right all along in the matter of movie casting.
3. You have not read the book and you enjoy mystery thrillers. Stay away from spoilers to enjoy the ride when the Gone Girl movie date comes. If you have read the book, invite friends who haven't to see their reactions. Amy and Nick Dunne are relatable characters who did crazy things in their married life. Get inside their heads.
"I knew I wanted it to feel like dueling narrators, two people who were good at spinning a story, so that when you were with Nick, you sided with Nick and when you were with Amy, you sided with Amy," Flynn said on Reddit, explaining her treatment of Nick and Amy.
Neil Patrick Harris gets ample screen time in the new Gone Girl trailer. Fans of the "How I Met Your Mother" actor will see a very different NPH in the movie. Harris plays an interesting role as someone from Amy's past.
WATCH: Gone Girl Movie Trailer on YouTube (Uploaded by 20th Century Fox)
New trailer for GONE GIRL. As a huge fan of the book and of David Fincher, I am very eager to see the end result. http://t.co/G5uLQR0uXs
— Chad Buffington (@chadbuff) July 7, 2014
Gone Girl movie premieres in U.S. theatres on Oct. 3. Tyler Perry is also in the movie as Nick's lawyer. Carrie Coon plays Nick's twin sister. Actress-model Emily O'Hara Ratajkowski is also in the film as Nick's mistress.
More TV Stories, Episode Guide and Spoilers
Arrow Season 3 Filming, Spoilers: Stephen Amell Teases Fans, Superman Actor Brandon Routh in Casting Updates, Olicity Shake-Up Likely [READ]
NCIS Season 12 Filming, Spoilers: Fans Urge CBS to Bring Back Cote de Pablo's Ziva David, Production Update Announced on Twitter [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Kristen Stewart ‘Not In Love’ With ‘Equals’ Co-star Nicholas Hoult -- Reports
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar